Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

How do you top the league easily?

BurgoBurgo Posts: 7 New Member
Hi, I am currently level 27 in gold league but i never seem to have any hope of topping the league! In the current competition, there are 81 hours left and someone has over 1B weekly winnings! Also I have 185k currentlyc2p2xonbbmha.png

Comments

• SunidhifanSunidhifan Earthbound....Posts: 5,352 Pool Forum VIP
    edited August 11
    IMO...nothing worth doing can be, or is done 'easily'....you have to work for what you want....

To top your league, you would probably have to play every single day for 12 hours a day at minimum, playing at a very high level of play (win percentage) in high-end tiers (greatest rewards in shiny golden fecal matter and VR Cash).... :|
    If for any reason, you are unable to commit and perform at that level of playtime and skill, you will probably not accomplish your mentioned goal..... ;)

In which case you might want to reconsider your game goals in a differing manner/direction..... :*

But that is just my opinion of course....best of luck in whichever goals you attempt.... :)

X5lbOom.gif
  • Carlos TalesCarlos Tales Posts: 713 Pool Expert
    I disagree with Sun. (Not for the first time LOL). Only the Diamond league is relatively difficult to win and would require at least 10 billion winnings to even compete. But as for the other leagues they can be won far more easily if you can increase your winnings quick enough to play at least the Paris tier.

Yes from your example it's unlucky you have a die hard gamer who's reached 1b from a new account in 4 days. That is rare to see in the gold league.

My best tip for you to win the platinum league next week providing you can win at least 50% of your games would be to start playing (log in for the first time) half way through the week. You will be placed in a new league from the day you first log in. Then start playing Dubai and go to Paris as early as possible.

I won the platinum league once by playing 2 games in Paris. I only levelled up once so the following week I was still In platinum and able to do it again. I did this over a few weeks and soon had over 500 pool cash

• VijayGunnersVijayGunners Posts: 573 Pool Expert
    edited August 11
    I recently won the league twice on my alternative account to win pool cash, I only needed about 700m to win 100 notes last week and even less the first time around to win 50.

1b winnings is quite high for that league usually, I'd normally wait it out and not level up to play the same league again next week.

As for the levels I played, it was typically Dubai/Shanghai until I made a few more million and then I played Paris/Bangkok and even Seoul if needed.

You get days where somebody will come out of nowhere and top the league so I usually wait until mid week to see what I need to reach and keep within distance and then take a big lead on Sunday evening.

Edit: 8lqd75xxxeoo.jpg
    Keep within distance and then smash it on the last day.
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Bah Humbug !Posts: 9,651 Pool Forum VIP
    I recently won the league twice on my alternative account to win pool cash, I only needed about 700m to win 100 notes last week and even less the first time around to win 50.

1b winnings is quite high for that league usually, I'd normally wait it out and not level up to play the same league again next week.

As for the levels I played, it was typically Dubai/Shanghai until I made a few more million and then I played Paris/Bangkok and even Seoul if needed.

You get days where somebody will come out of nowhere and top the league so I usually wait until mid week to see what I need to reach and keep within distance and then take a big lead on Sunday evening.

Keep within distance and then smash it on the last day.

LOL ModyBOSS must have been pulling his hair out on Sunday night LOL
  • Slartibartfast6Slartibartfast6 Posts: 450 Pool Pro
    5vlkko2cqvjw.png
    This is where I'm at right now, the highest I've ever sat. I would assume it's because my job is exceptionally boring lately and I've been playing a lot more in effort to keep myself from eating a bullet.
    Even if I abandoned my career altogether right now, I'm pretty certain I won't win the top spot. I lack the ambition & a big enough set of berries to risk it...
    I'm a little unclear about leagues so here's some questions;
    -Is there only one of each league tier per platform?
    (I realize PC & Mobile leagues are separate entities)
    -i.e.: Is my "Diamond" league the only one of its kind on mobile?
    -Or, are there multiple mobile diamond leagues & I'm just part of one of em?
    I'm on pins & needles waiting for the feedback....
    And sometimes you get players like this topping the league, nobody got near 30m as it was a lower tier
    lbh50tpigsln.jpg
    edited August 11
    And sometimes you get players like this topping the league, nobody got near 30m as it was a lower tier
    lbh50tpigsln.jpg

That's exactly the sort of account that should be reported to GeorgeSweeper in a private message...
    http://8ballpoolforum.miniclip.com/discussion/26604/reporting-suspicious-activity#latest
    Nanny Ogg wrote: »
    lbh50tpigsln.jpg

That's exactly the sort of account that should be reported to GeorgeSweeper in a private message...
    http://8ballpoolforum.miniclip.com/discussion/26604/reporting-suspicious-activity#latest

Done :)
    Is that a serious question Slart?? Surely not!! You've only got to look at the world leaderboard to realise what you've asked is a little silly.
    edited August 11
    Carl why is his question silly ?
    Forgive me but I don't understand and am only guessing here, but his question relates to tier leagues.
    I think I'm right in saying that World, Country ( one per country ) and Friends leagues are all singular with just one overarching league each, whereas the tier leagues consist of a multiple number of leagues for each tier ?
    Please correct me if I'm wrong though, it wouldn't be the first time and certainly won't be the last LOL
    If there was only one diamond league then you would see the highest placed diamond rank players in the world league the top of the diamond league. Currently there are over 200 diamond rank players with over 20 billion weekly winnings. The table Slart showed has the leader below 10 billion.

Also in my previous post I explained how a new league will start for players logging in for the first time half way through the week.

Ok gotcha thanks. I never even thought about there being loads of leagues until I won one myself and one of my friends also won in the same tier but in a different league LOL
    There are only 300 players in each league and the bottom placed players will most likely show as 0 winnings. Played once or twice and lost and not played again I suspect.
  • Slartibartfast6Slartibartfast6 Posts: 450 Pool Pro
    @Carl Tales
    All feedback is valuable, especially when it's been solicited.
    I've given the leaderboards which I had otherwise foolishly ignored that "one look". I would have to agree that reviewing it is undeniably paramount to comprehensively understanding this here video game.
    Thanks to this resource and infinitely more so, thanks to your selflessly insightful observations, I can now confidently claim to be perfectly clear on this matter. Although I'll always humbly welcome your support, I encourage you to move on to concerns that are undoubtedly more deserving of your response. I admire the ease with which you seem to shoulder your apparent obligation to help so I feel compelled to apologize for my silly behavior. It admittedly reflects nothing beyond self serving disregard for your time and has resulted in a regretful waste of your efforts.

Warm Regards,
    Sean

If you had taken the time to read my first post where I did attempt to help the OP on how to win leagues instead of just my later posts then perhaps you wouldn't of asked such a basic question.

• SunidhifanSunidhifan Earthbound....Posts: 5,352 Pool Forum VIP
    edited August 12
    Carl Tales wrote: »
    I disagree with Sun. (Not for the first time LOL). Only the Diamond league is relatively difficult to win and would require at least 10 billion winnings to even compete. But as for the other leagues they can be won far more easily if you can increase your winnings quick enough to play at least the Paris tier.

Yes from your example it's unlucky you have a die hard gamer who's reached 1b from a new account in 4 days. That is rare to see in the gold league.

My best tip for you to win the platinum league next week providing you can win at least 50% of your games would be to start playing (log in for the first time) half way through the week. You will be placed in a new league from the day you first log in. Then start playing Dubai and go to Paris as early as possible.

I won the platinum league once by playing 2 games in Paris. I only levelled up once so the following week I was still In platinum and able to do it again. I did this over a few weeks and soon had over 500 pool cash

I will have to acquiesce to your knowledge of the Leagues and how they work.... ;) ..I personally have no clue about them at all or how they work.... :* ...I get my 750 shiny golden pieces of fecal matter for getting first place in my "friends league" every single week and never ask any questions....lol..... I do not have any idea at all which 'friends' they are referring to, nor have I ever actively signed up to any league of any kind.... :|

But I will still defend my primary premise made in my post......

Nothing worth doing can be, or is done 'easily' in life...you have to work for what you want"

I based my response on the numerous threads and comments I have seen on here over the years regarding Leagues and other competitions...and how they are almost always won by suspected nefarious activity....with the primary suspected culprits being so-called "Team Players" .....

But even with all of that aside...the OP author stated he had 185K at the time...I presumed he was referring to his shiny golden pieces of fecal matter in his possession....I also presumed he was the player "Harry" in 16th place with 660,900 of them.....the top player (and again, I have no knowledge whatsoever about trends or typical numbers seen within leagues) has 1.07 billion.....
    Taking all of that into consideration, I stand by my assertion that, in this particular instance as shown, he would have to put in those kind of hours and level of play in the upper tiers (Paris is number 11 tier out of 14 tiers....in my assessment, that makes it a high tier) to accomplish his desired goal of reaching first place.....
    If he only has 185,000 on hand with which to play, an amount far insufficient to enter in or 'easily' reach the Paris tier....he would have to play at a 'high level' of playing skill to get the amount needed to start playing in Paris......

From my experience in the game, the majority of players are not at the skill level you apparently are ..... where winning more than 60% of your games is as you say, an easy task...(Established players with already developed high skills creating a new account from scratch [such as in some of your challenges put forth] do not count in this circumstance imo as they are not the "normal/average" player in lower leagues)....without a bankroll of millions, the average player will take quite a while to get the required amount needed to safely play in higher tiers making the risk/reward equation more realistic for them.... ;)

But again, I have little to no knowledge about the leagues, legendary cues or other fluff associated primarily with mobile or PC versions....not saying they are a bad thing either, just that I personally have no interest in the "gamer" aspects....I just like playing pool..... ;) :)

Edit: And I have to agree with @Slartibartfast6 in both appreciating and respecting your feedback .....as I have said many times in many places, everyone is entitled to their own opinion...no matter how wrong they may be.... ;) ...not saying mine are always right either, it applies to me just as much as anyone else..... :)

Edit 2: Just for kicks, I took this screenie....lol...I got a LOT of work to do....Hahahahahaha

pSuL5dn.png

X5lbOom.gif
    Post edited by Sunidhifan on
  • *Aurora**Aurora* Finally a girl is no one.Posts: 6,349 Pool Forum VIP
    edited August 12
    o.m.g. Sunid!!!

ZC3HEIs.jpg

How is it going to happen?
    Sun - you first admit you know nothing about leagues then go on to say everyone has an opinion no matter how wrong they may be. You have said this a few times regarding my posts so I can only assume you are implying my opinion is always wrong! Therefore I will prove the advice I gave to the OP is good advice by winning at least 2 leagues by logging in to my alt accounts for the first time today and tomorrow and won I g a relatively low amount of winnings. I will post screenshots on Monday regardless if I'm successful or not.

Regardless whether the OP can play Paris or not if you had read my post properly you would of seen I put that he needs to play Dubai first before going to Paris. That wouldn't take too much effort for anyone with a coin ballance of 185k.

The question posted was how to win leagues. I gave my answer on how it can be done. Your opinion TBH counts for very little considering you have never won a league other than your friends and therefore have no real ideas on how it's done so just replying to the OP saying it's a no hope situation for him and he would need to play for hours every day was far from helpful.
  • G11gamingG11gaming Contributor XDPosts: 3,081 Pool Champion
    Sunidhifan wrote: »
    Carl Tales wrote: »
    I disagree with Sun. (Not for the first time LOL).

But again, I have little to no knowledge about the leagues, legendary cues or other fluff associated primarily with mobile or PC versions....not saying they are a bad thing either, just that I personally have no interest in the "gamer" aspects....I just like playing pool..... ;) :)

X5lbOom.gif

You me and others are gamers whether you accept it or not, you are playing a game of pool with millions world wide, that my friend makes you a " gamer "

:*