Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

How do you top the league easily?

24567

Comments

  • SunidhifanSunidhifan Earthbound....Posts: 5,030 Pool Forum VIP
    edited August 12
    Carl Tales wrote: »
    Sun - you first admit you know nothing about leagues then go on to say everyone has an opinion no matter how wrong they may be. You have said this a few times regarding my posts so I can only assume you are implying my opinion is always wrong! Therefore I will prove the advice I gave to the OP is good advice by winning at least 2 leagues by logging in to my alt accounts for the first time today and tomorrow and won I g a relatively low amount of winnings. I will post screenshots on Monday regardless if I'm successful or not.

    Regardless whether the OP can play Paris or not if you had read my post properly you would of seen I put that he needs to play Dubai first before going to Paris. That wouldn't take too much effort for anyone with a coin ballance of 185k.

    The question posted was how to win leagues. I gave my answer on how it can be done. Your opinion TBH counts for very little considering you have never won a league other than your friends and therefore have no real ideas on how it's done so just replying to the OP saying it's a no hope situation for him and he would need to play for hours every day was far from helpful.

    Lol....A couple of interesting things I would like to point out here....

    You like to select certain portions of a post and focus on how you interpret what is said.... in other words, how you 'infer' what is said..... ;) ...in doing so, you also ignore what is said....
    First as to the opinions part...and how everyone has them and they are all right or wrong... it is simply a matter of what is 'implied' and what is 'inferred' on any given statement....I very clearly stated that the adage applies to me just as much as anyone else...so therefore, I have not 'implied' that you are always wrong...simply that I disagree....which was what you posted at the very beginning of your first response to my initial post:

    Carl Tales wrote: »
    I disagree with Sun. (Not for the first time LOL).


    Therefore, I can 'imply' that you always say I am wrong...which you continued to say throughout your response quoted above....so the shoe fits both ways....eh... :* ... Bottom line...I did not imply, you inferred....there is a difference.....

    Next, you say two things that I will refute....
    1. You say that I did not read your post properly regarding how he had to play Dubai first which wouldn't take too much effort with his given coin balance...How is a person with 185K coins supposed to play in Dubai (two levels below Paris) which has an entry fee of 500K?.....that math does not compute for me.... ;) he would have to play at lower levels first with a high win percentage just to get to that point.....and even once he reaches the balance required to enter Dubai, one denial made against him would deplete his entire balance forcing him to start over.... so I stand by my advice as it relates to him (or at least my presumption of his status, not being an established highly skilled and confident player)
    2. Which brings us to point 2. You state you will prove your advice was good by using your alt accounts (one of which has a relatively low amount of winnings) and perform the tasks and post the screenshots on Monday....Now I say, who has not read the others post?...lol...I very clearly and with absolutely no ambiguity stated that it is my belief that this subject (as posed by the OP author who I presume to be an up and coming player) does not apply to an established and skilled players creating/ using alts to accomplish the task....my response was addressed to the category of player I believe the OP author to be....again, an up and comer with neither the balance or the high-level playing skills and confidence in them needed to accomplish it....so you doing it again is meaningless ...IMO.... My advice was addressed to a relative newcomer....not established players.... :*
    It is akin to Ronnie O'Sullivan telling Timmy Newcomer in Kansas that winning a tournament is easy...and that he will prove it by entering one next week and win it...so all Timmy has to do is the same thing...... :D

    As to whether my opinion counts very little based on my never having won a league and therefore have no real ideas on how it is done....that is just a bit silly.....lol....Everyone knows how it is done....it is beyond simple.....Play at a high skill level and win more than you lose, move up the tiers as soon as possible and continue to win thereby increasing your total weekly winnings.....to steal a previously misquoted phrase recently made by another member ..."it is not rocket science".....It simply requires skill, confidence and the desire to accomplish.... I have no desire to do it, therefore, never have...not due to a lack of skill....lol...I know I am not the best player of the game...have never made any such claim...anywhere....but I am far above average, of that I have no doubt or qualms in stating.... ;)

    I based my response upon the presumption that the OP author is an up and coming player who does not yet possess the skillsets and confidence required to accomplish his goal but does have the desire to do it.......therefore, without the above triad (skills, confidence, and desire) being present, I think my response is more realistic in relation to him than yours....
    For an up and coming player to win their weekly league, they will need to play for many hours to develop the skills and confidence needed as well as increasing their bankroll and total winnings required to perform the task.....Which is, as I also stated clearly in my last post, especially pertinent to the OP authors situation as posted.....lol...he has a total weekly winnings displayed as 660K...versus the top player having 1.02 billion.....He has a very, very, long way to go to catch up, and realistically in my view, he has no chance at all in doing so in this situation......I would presume again that the current leader will not be sitting idly by watching and waiting for him or anyone else to catch and pass him.....reality rules .... :p

    Our biggest difference in style and mindset is directly related to what @G11gaming stated regarding 'gamers'.....lol....we have different definitions of what 'gamers' are ....

    First off @G11gaming , I did not say anywhere in the post that I am not a "gamer" ....what I said was that I am not interested in the 'gamer aspects' , and that I simply love playing pool.....let me expound on that a bit....
    I like to play the game of pool....something I have done for more than 52 years now....in real life....and I was pretty highly competitive in both skills and desire...yet never good enough to turn pro or semi-pro even...although I did do a bit of 'hustling' here and there and was pretty successful in various leagues and bar/pool hall efforts that I participated in...
    However, starting in 2009, I began to lose my vestibular function which continued to worsen over the ensuing months and then years...thus robbing me of my ability to maintain balance and remain a functioning biped.... It also did not help much that my initial contact with physicians regarding the issue where met with not just skepticism, but outright saying that I was faking it...for some reason....But eventually I was referred to the proper specialists who did properly diagnose my medical condition and informed me that there is no treatment or cure for what I have and that it would only continue to worsen...which it did.... to the point now that I am confined to a wheelchair.....not a very conducive position from which to play real life pool....

    My son, knowing how much I loved pool, found this little game of QuickFire Pool online at Miniclip in July of 2010 and turned me onto it....I immediately fell in love with it and started to play it a lot.....They then announced the upcoming debut of the multi-player version to be released in October of that year.....which I commenced playing on the release date with fervor and abandon...and initially, based on the incredible physics, graphics, and simple premise of the game, I was very competitive and eager to win at all costs....resulting in my becoming the first official Legend, then Double Legend followed by Triple Legend in the game.... I was at the top of the world leader board for over two years....Then, for a variety of reasons, both health-wise and mental state of mind...I started to become bored with the game....and created Indirect (as it applies to MiniClip Pool, not the original real-life versions of Carom/Three-cushion or 8 Ball style called Honolulu) for amusement amongst the forum crowd I played the most with....and that took on a life of it's own...far and above anything I envisioned, intended or expected.....and for me personally, is the only style I enjoy anymore....

    Sorry for the novelette.....I did not write it to elicit sympathy (as I have been accused of in the past) but only as background and to clarify my stance and views on things related to MiniClip Pool....

    So yes, @G11gaming and @Carl Tales both....technically speaking, I am a 'gamer' in that I enjoy playing the game of pool..... but in my definition of what a modern day 'gamer' is, in the virtual world of gaming, it is someone who enjoys playing virtual world games with the primary goal of achieving awards, rewards, levels, titles and accomplishments associated with any given game through development of skills and often 'tricks' included in many games...e.g. 'easter eggs' contained in many video games such as Mario Brothers and many others.....or taking advantage of glitches and/or nefarious methods to achieve said accomplishments...and I am not saying anyone here participates in such nefarious activity, just that such activity does no doubt occur....

    Either way, whether through complete honesty and integrity in game skills ...or by discovering the hidden easter egg features or even by nefarious means....'gamer aspects', the rewards, awards et al no longer interest me.....I simply love to play pool....and all of my posts and comments come from that aspect/view of the game....It is never my intent to denigrate or belittle the efforts of honest and skillful players in their pursuits of said accomplishments and 'gamer aspects'...my apologies if they come across that way...which they apparently do for the two of you at least....I put forth an honest effort to help and assist any and all .. but especially newcomers...highly skilled players do not need my input...and 'gamers' as per my definition, have little need for my input either.....

    I personally have zero interest in the coins (gag), leagues, legendary cues and other aspects since to me, they have nothing to do with pool.....although I will admit they can and do enhance the experience for many....and serve as an indicator of how well any given player can do in the game....but since my lack of interest or concern for such things seems to offend you both so much, I will cease to make comments or responses here in the forum regarding such issues....at least as directed to either one of you..... ;)

    I will however always continue to try and help/educate newcomers to the game and forum in regards to skills and techniques in the game, as well as to rules and decorum applicable to the forum.... :) ....
    I will also continue to denigrate and rid ourselves of both obvious nefarious players, spammers, and trolls...and apologies in advance if it offends you, but as stated recently in @Nanny Ogg 's Ranting thread, I will also continue with floccinaucinihilipilification regarding the shiny golden pieces of fecal matter..... :D

    Tootles for now then....and as always, best of luck in all your endeavors.... :)

    Again, apologies for the long-winded novelette..... ;)


    X5lbOom.gif



  • Slartibartfast6Slartibartfast6 Posts: 352 Pool Pro
    Why am I suddenly reminded of this know it all???
    244evu9hy6jp.png
  • SunidhifanSunidhifan Earthbound....Posts: 5,030 Pool Forum VIP
    edited August 12
    Why am I suddenly reminded of this know it all???
    244evu9hy6jp.png

    Probably because we are both Americans.....(Cliff and I that is)... ;)

    We Americans are historically and notoriously famously known as believing we "Know it all"..... :D

    Cheers!.... :) ....double entendre intended.... :D


    X5lbOom.gif
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Member of the Year 2016Posts: 9,097 Pool Forum VIP
    dzsjitwujd7g.jpg

    @Sunidhifan

    Jeff you have earned 3 awards now LOL

    1. For using the longest word in the forum
    2. For writing the longest post in the forum
    3. For using the longest word in the forum IN the longest post in the forum.

    :D
  • SunidhifanSunidhifan Earthbound....Posts: 5,030 Pool Forum VIP
    Nanny Ogg wrote: »
    dzsjitwujd7g.jpg

    @Sunidhifan

    Jeff you have earned 3 awards now LOL

    1. For using the longest word in the forum
    2. For writing the longest post in the forum
    3. For using the longest word in the forum IN the longest post in the forum.

    :D

    Lol...gee....thanks.....

    I would like to take this moment to thank all the little people, friends and supporters who have made it possible for me to.......oh never mind.....
    Bunch of hoowie on my part anyway......hahahahahaha....

    :D :D


    X5lbOom.gif
  • KatyKittyXKatyKittyX aka Crazy mad dotty duckPosts: 3,504 Pool Champion
    Nanny Ogg wrote: »
    dzsjitwujd7g.jpg

    @Sunidhifan

    Jeff you have earned 3 awards now LOL

    1. For using the longest word in the forum
    2. For writing the longest post in the forum
    3. For using the longest word in the forum IN the longest post in the forum.
    :D

    Haha Nanny'O^ :D


    4. For achieving all of the above without falling to sleep, or running out of purple.
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Member of the Year 2016Posts: 9,097 Pool Forum VIP
    LOL Katy !
  • SunidhifanSunidhifan Earthbound....Posts: 5,030 Pool Forum VIP
    edited August 12
    KatyKittyX wrote: »
    4. For achieving all of the above without falling to sleep, or running out of purple.

    So glad they finally changed the virtual color ink cartridge..... ;)

    Still annoyed that it took more than a month to do so..... :*

    :D :)

    X5lbOom.gif

  • G11gamingG11gaming It's all good :) Posts: 2,495 Pool Champion
    KatyKittyX wrote: »




    4. For achieving all of the above without falling to sleep, or running out of purple.[/quote]

    :joy: :+1:
  • Slartibartfast6Slartibartfast6 Posts: 352 Pool Pro
    Sunidhifan wrote: »
    Why am I suddenly reminded of this know it all???
    244evu9hy6jp.png

    Probably because we are both Americans.....(Cliff and I that is)... ;)

    We Americans are historically and notoriously famously known as believing we "Know it all"..... :D

    Cheers!.... :) ....double entendre intended.... :D


    X5lbOom.gif

    Yeah but....you weren't the target.
    I was referring to someone else here..
  • Carl TalesCarl Tales Posts: 574 Pool Expert
    Slart, I've never proclaimed to know it all but i do try and help wen ever possible. You asked a question I found surprising for a level 200+ to ask so I wondered if you was serious. Admitedly calling your question silly was a little uncalled for.

    Sun, I will pick out the comment you made about helping people where ever you can. Well the only reason I disagreed with your first comment was because you told the OP he would be unlikely to accomplish winning the league unless he played at a high level for hours at a time. That wasn't helpful at all and very negative and so I gave the OP the advice that could help him.

    I played an alt account yesterday level 40. I was placed in a new league. I played less than 10 times won 2 million and this morning I'm in 3rd place. A little more to do to get first but it wouldn't be that hard to achieve.



  • Carl TalesCarl Tales Posts: 574 Pool Expert
    Heres a few screen shots to show how easy it can be to win leagues by logging in later in the week.

    I've played 1 game in each and have been in first place for over an hour

    15gkwpy8iexr.png
    65wbwioz769k.png
    lv6qno8or8kw.png
  • VijayGunnersVijayGunners Posts: 461 Pool Pro
    Carl Tales wrote: »
    Heres a few screen shots to show how easy it can be to win leagues by logging in later in the week.

    I've played 1 game in each and have been in first place for over an hour

    15gkwpy8iexr.png
    65wbwioz769k.png
    lv6qno8or8kw.png

    Did you log in today?
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Member of the Year 2016Posts: 9,097 Pool Forum VIP
    edited August 13
    Sorry Carl but showing how to win lower tier leagues by playing your alt accounts is the worst possible way to show an average player how it's done, and that's meant in the best possible way.
    You are simply too good, so you're not actually proving anything to anyone, except perhaps that the leagues should not even be open to alt accounts as it makes it patently unfair to the lower levels.

    As a very average player myself, the only reason I won a league once was because I was playing an alt and was matched up with players with far less experience than myself.

    Jeff ( Sunidhifan ) is right, there is no such thing as an easy way to win a league, unless you are deliberately putting yourself up against people who have little or no chance of beating you.
  • KatyKittyXKatyKittyX aka Crazy mad dotty duckPosts: 3,504 Pool Champion
    edited August 13
    Carl Tales wrote: »
    Heres a few screen shots to show how easy it can be to win leagues by logging in later in the week.

    I've played 1 game in each and have been in first place for over an hour
    15gkwpy8iexr.png
    65wbwioz769k.png
    lv6qno8or8kw.png


    Look little Timmy, I told you it can be done...
    9cnjiichzsel.jpg
  • *Aurora**Aurora* youtoo?Posts: 6,052 Pool Forum VIP
    Clearly by now you have realized @Carl Tales that this forum is for average players. The most excellent players hardly post here.

    There is no reason to restrict how many accounts one can play.
  • Carl TalesCarl Tales Posts: 574 Pool Expert
    edited August 13
    The title of the thread is 'how do you top the league easily'. I'm obviously being laughed at by several members for giving my ideas. The OP is a low tier player so The easiest way for him or anyone else to win the league is to log in for the first time later in the week what's so hard about that?

    Sorry I'm obviously talking to a bunch of muppets incapable of seeing a post that gives good advice to one that Sun gave which was useless and demoralising.
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Member of the Year 2016Posts: 9,097 Pool Forum VIP
    edited August 13
    I'm not laughing at you, in fact I have kept my comments perfectly respectful, why can't we have a difference of opinion with it getting heated and descending into name calling ?
  • Carl TalesCarl Tales Posts: 574 Pool Expert
    I'm talking about the stupid pictures people keep posting. I expect a difference in opinion and I dont mind the debates being heated.

    I'd like to hear some better advice that anyone can give to this topic??
  • Carl TalesCarl Tales Posts: 574 Pool Expert
    Vijay, yes both those accounts logged in for the first time today. There will be plenty that don't realise that the leagues will start from the day you first log in and therefore it can make it easier to compete for the pool cash.

Sign In or Register to comment.

Who's Online18

Carl Tales
Carl Tales
George Sweeper
George Sweeper
khanasad9922
khanasad9922
+15 Guests