Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

How do you top the league easily?

Comments

• VijayGunnersVijayGunners Posts: 461 Pool Pro
    I've used an alt account and have won the league with it but the players I was competing against were not the average joe with a 30(ish) rating, its happened more than once so I assume that this happens more often than people expect.
    Is it unfair for innocent newbies? I'd say yes but unfortunately it will still happen.
  • Carl TalesCarl Tales Posts: 574 Pool Expert
    edited August 13
    There are 300 in each league so theres bound to be some good lower ranked players in any of the leagues. This thread was to ask how to win leagues easily. There's no easier way than logging in for the first time for any given week on a Sunday and playing for a few hours. Winning any of the tier leagues and building up pool cash is possible deploying this tactic as I know you found out last week :)
    Being good in the diamond league isn't enough to win the league unless your willing to reach at least 15 billion winnings. That will take approx 40 hrs game play and still wouldn't guarantee first place.

Logging in for the first time when the league start on Mondays you will almost certainly be up against die hard players and even 40 billion may not be enough.

For anyone serious about winning their league and have limited amount of time then refrain from logging in until at least Thursday or wait till Sunday
  • VijayGunnersVijayGunners Posts: 461 Pool Pro
    Carl Tales wrote: »
    Being good in the diamond league isn't enough to win the league unless your willing to reach at least 15 billion winnings. That will take approx 40 hrs game play and still wouldn't guarantee first place.

Logging in for the first time when the league start on Mondays you will almost certainly be up against die hard players and even 40 billion may not be enough.

For anyone serious about winning their league and have limited amount of time then refrain from logging in until at least Thursday or wait till Sunday

I logged in on Friday night and my league leader is around 4.5b as of now, I attempted it when he was at 1.5b but I gave up after reaching 600m because he keeps increasing it and I can't keep up.
  • *Aurora**Aurora* youtoo?Posts: 6,052 Pool Forum VIP
    re4mnan wrote: »
    what i mean is, who df cares?
    when you good enough to win leagues, you dont need them anymore...

When you're ultimately good you don't need the game anymore.
    The OP cares. Admitedly many of us don't.

To compete in the 100k tournaments pool cash is needed so unless you buy it with real cash then the leagues are the way to get the cash
  • KatyKittyXKatyKittyX aka Crazy mad dotty duckPosts: 3,504 Pool Champion
    Sorry I'm obviously talking to a bunch of muppets incapable of seeing a post that gives good advice to one that Sun gave which was useless and demoralising.
    I'm talking about the stupid pictures people keep posting.

Bunch of muppets lmao geez cheer up Carl they just bants them two pics in the thread no need to get a bag on n feel offended over nothing that's my job lol
    6akibfe13jo7.jpg

• KatyKittyXKatyKittyX aka Crazy mad dotty duckPosts: 3,504 Pool Champion
    KatyKittyX wrote: »
    Sorry I'm obviously talking to a bunch of muppets incapable of seeing a post that gives good advice to one that Sun gave which was useless and demoralising.
    I'm talking about the stupid pictures people keep posting.

Bunch of muppets lmao geez cheer up Carl they just bants them two pics in the thread no need to get a bag on n feel offended over nothing that's my job lol
    6akibfe13jo7.jpg

dont be so mean dotty :D

Dotty the dragon on a rampage :rage: aha
  • G11gamingG11gaming It's all good :) Posts: 2,495 Pool Champion
  • SunidhifanSunidhifan Earthbound....Posts: 5,030 Pool Forum VIP
    edited August 13
    Sun, I will pick out the comment you made about helping people where ever you can. Well the only reason I disagreed with your first comment was because you told the OP he would be unlikely to accomplish winning the league unless he played at a high level for hours at a time. That wasn't helpful at all and very negative and so I gave the OP the advice that could help him.

I played an alt account yesterday level 40. I was placed in a new league. I played less than 10 times won 2 million and this morning I'm in 3rd place. A little more to do to get first but it wouldn't be that hard to achieve.

Well...we simply disagree on the subject..... ;)

Since you again state that my advice to an up and comer was not helpful and yours was perfect....I will make one last attempt to open your eyes to my point of view....

Let us say that you and a friend go to a gambling facility and you have a bankroll of $10,000.00 and your friend has a bankroll of $1000.00 .....

For you, going to straight to the $500.00 minimum bet table is not a very risky adventure...you will be following the generally wise rule of thumb in gambling by betting less than 10% of your total bankroll on any given single bet.....However, advising your friend to also join you at the same table with his $1000.00 bankroll means you are advising him to bet 50% of his bankroll from the gitgo....that is called making a 'suckers bet' in the world of gambling.......

You should never bet more than you can afford to lose......you both entered the facility with a given amount that you were willing to lose....In this example, you followed the general gambling rule of wagering 10% or less (which should never, ever be more than 25% under any circumstances to gamble wisely and plan on being there for a while) while you advised your friend to gamble with 50% of his bankroll....

I would have advised your friend to go to the $100.00 dollar minimum wager tables (or less)...thusly giving him at least 10 attempts to win....your advice gave him two shots at winning.....

Who gave the better advice?.....

You completely missed the point again altogether....
    An up and coming player has his one and only primary account with all of his winnings at stake...you advice him to go to the high end tables (Dubai) as soon as he can afford it...thusly risking his entire bankroll hedging on the fact that he will win.....whereas in reality, if his opponent gets a denial against him in that first match, he is back to square one and has to build up his bankroll again.... My advice is for him to take the time to hone his skills while retaining and building his bankroll until he reaches a level of play where he can afford to take the risk/reward of entering the higher tiers and pursue his goal in a realistic fashion.... ;)

Your advice is based on the position of an established and skilled player creating an alt account to do the same thing...and if he quickly builds his bankroll on that account and enters the high tiers as soon as he has the sufficient amount to do so, whether he wins or loses is irrelevant and meaningless to him since it is a "throw-away" account that he cares nothing about...he still has his primary account with millions or billions to go and play with.....

That poor up and coming player you have advised to do so does not have that luxury or cushion to fall back on.....In my opinion, your advice to him was not helpful, wise, or worthwhile at all..... :s

This is my last post on this subject..... I am trying to help the up and coming player to reach his goal in a realistic manner without him risking his entire bankroll on one or two shots at the glory....
    And IMO...you are trying to prove how good you are .... there is a big difference.... :*

I say, let the up and coming player decide which advice he thinks is best for him....
    Interestingly, out of three pages of comments now, I have not seen a single post from him (or any other up and coming player for that matter) on the subject since his OP.... :*

Good luck either way... I am now out of this discussion...so carry on however you may wish to do.. :)

X5lbOom.gif
    Post edited by Sunidhifan on
  • *Aurora**Aurora* youtoo?Posts: 6,052 Pool Forum VIP
    *Aurora* wrote: »
    what i mean is, who df cares?
    when you good enough to win leagues, you dont need them anymore...

When you're ultimately good you don't need the game anymore.

how does the "queen of beta" thingy goes forward?

Can't get over the moat.
    Sun - The advice I gave to the OP was to log in later in the week. Not sure what's so difficult to understand about that. It doesn't take huge cash amounts to win the lower tier leagues with this tactic. Like i mentioned it's possible to win the lower leagues with just one Paris game so winning it with 50 jatkarta is also possible which can be achieved by most players I'm sure.

Your advice was to not try at all because it's an hopeless situation!! Not the greatest advice to give IMV. I imagine you've told plenty of people to give up on their dreams and goals to avoid failure and disappointment?

Yes we disagree on most things but at least I tried to put a positive spin when answering the question.
    edited August 13
    Sun - The advice I gave to the OP was to log in later in the week. Not sure what's so difficult to understand about that. It doesn't take huge cash amounts to win the lower tier leagues with this tactic. Like i mentioned it's possible to win the lower leagues with just one Paris game so winning it with 50 jatkarta is also possible which can be achieved by most players I'm sure.

Your advice was to not try at all because it's an hopeless situation!! Not the greatest advice to give IMV. I imagine you've told plenty of people to give up on their dreams and goals to avoid failure and disappointment?

Yes we disagree on most things but at least I tried to put a positive spin when answering the question.

Yeah...right....my goal in life has always been to crush the hopes and dreams of any and all I have ever met in life.....such a lofty goal.... :*

You now lay claim to only half the advice you gave him in your initial post....I refresh your memory:

"My best tip for you to win the platinum league next week providing you can win at least 50% of your games would be to start playing (log in for the first time) half way through the week. You will be placed in a new league from the day you first log in. Then start playing Dubai and go to Paris as early as possible."

Another refresher for you:

Comments such as that are what in my opinion elicit the type of responses as made by @Slartibartfast6 .... ;)

I do not consider giving an up and coming player realistic and sensible gambling advice to be useless or demoralizing..... I consider it as trying to help him reach his goal in a realistic and useful manner.....I consider telling him to bet his whole bankroll "as early as possible" to be harmful and unrealistic.....risking his entire bankroll "as early as possible" is not conducive to a continuing career in the game.....my advice was that he needs to lower his sights for goals until he has the necessary skills, confidence and bankroll to accomplish the goal in the OP..... I consider that as realistic and helpful....and obviously, you see risking everything "as early as possible" as being helpful, positive and uplifting ...... difference of opinion.... ;)

And I did my advising without resorting to saying you are useless or that you intentionally enjoy dashing the hopes and dreams of others based on your advice/opinions... or that anyone who disagrees with you are a bunch of muppets incapable of recognizing your brilliance versus my stupidity.......but to each their own as they say....

.....Carry on now Carl.....bye... :)

X5lbOom.gif
    @ Burgo As you can see from my screen shot it can be very easy to compete for pool cash by deploying the tactic I have gone over in this thread.

Although I did not win I came 2nd by playing just one game. I would of achieved a similar result by winning 22 Jakarta's or 11 Toronto games.

So competing for Pool cash isn't a lost cause like some on this forum suggest.

Good luck paying in your next league

pd825ebi0vy5.jpeg

• BurgoBurgo Posts: 7 New Member
    We'll update guys, I got to 350k coins and then went on the biggest losing streak! Now I'm at 5k, I'm so angry right now!!! I almost want to quit the game after that...
  • BurgoBurgo Posts: 7 New Member
    I'm now at 23k, slowly climbing back up
    edited August 15
    Sorry to hear you had a losing streak..... :/

Just keep working on your skills and work your way back up..... ;)

I stand by my suggestion that you should not enter tiers with an entrance fee above what you will feel comfortable to lose..... :*

Gaining skills and the confidence in them is very important to maintain a winning percentage... :) ....
    IMO, topping your league is not the most important aspect in enjoying the game..... B)

Edit: And my apologies for not taking into consideration you wanting to get "Pool Cash" as part of your goals in the discussion here....I noticed you had tagged it...but did not see any discussion in your post about it....
    I was under the impression the entire post and subject matter was about "Topping your League".....my bad.... :*

X5lbOom.gif
  • Slartibartfast6Slartibartfast6 Posts: 352 Pool Pro
    edited August 16
    Sunidhifan wrote: »

Edit: And my apologies for not taking into consideration you wanting to get "Pool Cash" as part of your goals in the discussion here...

X5lbOom.gif

yh1214lmcbcm.png
    edited August 16
    Yes...brilliant.... ;) ...you managed to figure out that that portion was there for your benefit I see....even though you failed to include the entire statement..... :*

Eureka indeed.... ;)

@ Burgo As you can see from my screen shot it can be very easy to compete for pool cash by deploying the tactic I have gone over in this thread.

Although I did not win I came 2nd by playing just one game. I would of achieved a similar result by winning 22 Jakarta's or 11 Toronto games.

So competing for Pool cash isn't a lost cause like some on this forum suggest.

Good luck paying in your next league

pd825ebi0vy5.jpeg

The very first mention, discussion of, or reference of any kind to "Pool Cash..... :*
    Absolutely no one (including the OP author, even in his most recent post) anywhere in the entire thread mentioned anything at all about Pool Cash.....or competing for it.....Until that post.....

Show me a quote where I said anything at all about competing for "Pool Cash" is a lost cause!

The ENTIRE topic, thread and discussion was about "Topping The League Easily"...... Something that you were short of doing by a mere 88.01 million......such a Eureka moment indeed.... :D

I also noticed that the OP author managed to garner a maximum of 350K shiny pieces of golden fecal matter in his quest.....just a bit shy of the Dubai entry fee wouldn't you say?..... :* :*

But nice effort..... :p

I rest my case..... ;) :)

Carry on Eureka..... :)

X5lbOom.gif