Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

Longest streak in 9 ball pool 10M

Peter LeijstenPeter Leijsten Posts: 60 Pool Player
Because of the one-trick-pony's and their breakoff shots to immediately pot the 9-ball, I rarely play 9 ball. But because I finally want to win some pool cash, this week I concentrated on that game in order to accumulate weekly winnings fast. Well then, it went just as I thought: 9 ball pool is an extremely volatile game, with huge swings both ways. Boring and frustrating at times, especially when these one-trick-pony's pull their shots off and you encounter three lifetime 35% winners in a row who just blast their way to cleaning up the rack.
Anyway, I am about to achieve my goal, I accumulated more than 5 billion in weekly winnings and stand cash a nice amount of pool cash. Downside: my lifetime career % has gone down from 64.4 to 64.2, although my coin balance has gone from 4.7 billion to 5.2 billion.

Anyway, just wondering, what is your guys longest winning streak in 9 ball pool? I was wondering because I just hit the end of the road of an incredible upswing of 15 wins in a row in 10 million 9 ball pool. Which, because of the volatility of the game, I think is kinda freakish. I got all the breaks in this passage of play. On 12 wins one dude was on the easiest of 9 balls, then fluffed his final pot. On 14 wins this dude scratched when he was guilty of fancy play syndrome in a winning position. Finally my run ended on 15 wins when I scratched mysef and my opponent cleared the table.

Winning streaks of 15 games in a row occur regularly in 8 ball pool where I think luck plays less of a factor. In total I have achieved 4 streaks of over 20 wins in a row. But I have never before reached a streak of 15 in 9 ball pool.

Oh yeah, I also ran into an 8 game losing streak this week. Like I said, 9 ball pool is, at times, a frustrating game, even for a lifetime 64% plus player.

Comments

• G11gamingG11gaming United Kingdom Posts: 2,040 Pool Champion
    9 ball is just grrrrrrrrrr. As you say frustrating as ****. Sorry to say i gave up on it - only ever layed down 500's and got a ring, but no!!!... too much luck there, not enough skill. :wink:
  • AmericanWhiteAmericanWhite Posts: 124 Pool Pro
    I don't know how you 15 games at 10 million in a row. I'm lucky to get 2 before you get stuck with a 5000 game due to lack of players

• Me-O-U-NotMe-O-U-Not Posts: 7 Pool Player
    I don't know how you 15 games at 10 million in a row. I'm lucky to get 2 before you get stuck with a 5000 game due to lack of players

Exactly...
    I accumulated more than 5 billion in weekly winnings and stand cash a nice amount of pool cash. Downside: my lifetime career % has gone down from 64.4 to 64.2, although my coin balance has gone from 4.7 billion to 5.2 billion.

If you've won 5 Billion this past week, shouldn't your coin balance go from 4.7 Billion to 9.7 Billion?

Or did you mean you won 0.5 Billion, because adding 0.5 Billion to 4.7 Billion equals 5.2 Billion?

But in addition, if you've played all these games in the 10M category, and your net coin balance increased by 5 Billion at the end of the week, then you were surely winning more games than losing... And yet your lifetime percentage went DOWN from 64.4% to 64.2%? How could that be???
  • Carl TalesCarl Tales Posts: 322 Pool Pro
    It's possible to win 10 billion or even 100 billion and for your coin balance not to increase at all or even go to 0. What PL is referring too is his weekly winnings not his coin balance.

He's lost more than 64.4 % of his games this week for his win % to go down but won more than 50% for his coin balance to go up by 500 million.