Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

What's your favorite? (Keep it clean)

Comments

• Nanny OggNanny Ogg Grumpy Old MoosePosts: 9,580 Pool Forum VIP
    Sunidhifan wrote: »
    Why yes..as a matter of fact....I did know all that.... ;)
    I once spent a whole night in a bar in Boston with my buddy Cliff Claven trying to get all the other patrons to understand such lofty subject matter...... B)
    As to item number 41....it is actually based on the fact that a photon starting at the center of the Sun and changing direction every time it encounters a charged particle would take between 10,000 and 170,000 years to get to the surface...and then another 8.3 minutes to reach our atmosphere......... :o :)

"Klaatu barada nikto" - The Day the Earth Stood Still 1951

or

"If you ain't first, your last" Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby 2006

What's your favorite seasoning?..... :*

See what I mean ? This thread is quickly turning into a bit of an education lol

My favourite seasoning is SALT and did you know...

1. Right up to the 20th century, pound bars of salt (called amoleh) were the basic currency in Abyssinia (now called Ethiopia).

2. The amazing Salar de Uyuni (the world’s largest salt flat at 4,000 square miles) in Bolivia becomes mirrorlike when a thin layer of water lies on top. This reflectivity makes it a very useful tool in calibration scientific equipment from outer space. This amazing salt flat also contains half of the world’s supply of lithium. The salt flat is pictured below.

6sbpqm8yl7xs.jpg

3. Salt is so essential to the body that if you drink too much water it can flush it out of your system and cause fatal Hyponatremia. This is what killed Jennifer Strange who entered a “Hold your wee for a wii” competition.

4. Consumption of too much salt can be deadly – you need to take about 1 gram of salt per kilogram of weight to die and this was used as a method of ritual suicide in China – especially amongst the nobility as salt was so expensive.

5. Good quality sea salt contains many essential minerals for the body. The best type of sea salt should be slightly wet from the sea it was taken from.

6. There is a very common misconception that Roman soldiers were paid in salt (hence the word Salary), but in fact they were paid in normal money. The connection with salt is possibly through the fact that the soldiers protected the salt roads leading to Rome (Via Salarium). Roman Soldiers were private employees – rather than state employees.

7. In the early 1800s salt was 4 times as expensive as beef on the frontier – it was essential in keeping people and livestock alive.

_________

What is your favourite foreign City ?

• SunidhifanSunidhifan Earthbound....Posts: 5,305 Pool Forum VIP
    edited August 17
    It would be a toss up between Sydney Australia and Auckland New Zealand..... <3
    Had a blast in both of them..... B)

What's your favorite kind of fruit?....

p.s. -Salt is my favorite also.... ;)

X5lbOom.gif
    Kiwi Fruit

dmglbav0lws6.jpg

What is your favourite breed of dog ?
    I would have to go with any Rescue dog from a reputable shelter....I have a penchant for Heinz 57 dogs....lol.....usually better tempered than most purebreds.....from my experience.... ;)

Kiwi is a good choice...but I prefer bananas myself....maybe because I am.... :D

What's your favorite type of liquid refreshment?......

(hint, there is only one correct answer - Rum & Coke.... :*..... :D :D :D )

X5lbOom.gif

Even after all my vodka related posts from times past, I would say that my favourite is just simple flavoured water :D

What is your favourite forum category ?

• Melody456Melody456 Posts: 403 Pool Pro
    Off Topic.

What's your favorite 5 minute meal ? (5 minutes to cook)
  • Davy DacueDavy Dacue Qui Audet Adipiscitur.Posts: 1,688 Pool Champion
    Was going to say beef stew but that takes long time . Scrambled Egg and Toast

Whats your fav Fish to eat.
    edited August 18
    @Davy Dacue There is a way to make Beef Stew in less than 5 minutes:
    aiElZsU.jpg
    Not that it will taste as good as homemade of course.....
    :D

Beer Battered Cod or fresh caught Walleye....yum ;)

What's your favorite kind of bread?.... :*

X5lbOom.gif

edited August 19
    Sourdough bread. Love it my mom used to make huge batches of it and we went to a swap meet sold it and we'd also cook pumpkin bread in cans and sell it. Miss those days I was little and didn't have much on my shoulders. :D

What's your favorite kinda cake?
    The best cake I have personally had was in Australia....I am not sure what kind it is or what it was called....but it was a sheet cake of some kind with two layers, one was a chocolate cake of some kind, the other was a white cake of some kind that I have never tasted before or after.....in between was a strawberry jam type substance and the entire cake was covered with a cream cheese based icing......it was dreamy good..... <3

What's your favorite Board Game?...... :*

X5lbOom.gif
    Chess.

What is your favourite bird ( excluding birds of prey ).
  • Davy DacueDavy Dacue Qui Audet Adipiscitur.Posts: 1,688 Pool Champion
    edited August 19
    Swan

What is your fav hobby / pastime.
  • SabahSabah Posts: 2,556 Pool Champion
    Playing or watching football

What's your favourite Olympic sport?
    edited August 20
    Summer - Gymnastics ..........Winter -Skiing

What's your favorite fabric for clothing?.....

X5lbOom.gif
    edited August 21
    I'd say baggy t-shirts, over size sweaters/ hoodies or my Jeggings.

What's your favorite football team?
    What's your favorite fabric for clothing?.....

Polyester ( no ironing LOL )

Melody456 wrote: »
    What's your favorite football team?

Can't stand footie ( or rugby or golf or cricket or tennis or snooker or darts or synchronised swimming which is NOT a sport thank you very much but especially golf and cricket which are even more boring than Coronation St or Emmerdale )

Which leads me on to...
    What's your favourite soap ?
    Body Soap - Zest....
    Dishwashing Soap - Dawn Liquid
    Laundry - Purex
    Car Wash Soap - ArmorAll

What's your favorite Fairy Tale?....

X5lbOom.gif
    Cinderella. I like how it goes from her being in a bad spot to ending up in a good spot at the end.
    Life would be so much easier if it worked like that.

What's your favorite book/ book series?
    edited August 22
    Very tough choice for sure.......huuhmmmm...

Toss up between three

J.R.R Tolkien's - Lord of the Rings....
    Frank Hebert's - Dune....
    Mark Twain's - Adventures of Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn...

Gonna have to go with J.R.R. Tolkien's - Lord of the Rings.....

What's your favorite Body of Water?.....

X5lbOom.gif
  • zip11737azip11737a Posts: 1,612 Pool Champion
    edited August 22
    I would have to go with any Rescue dog from a reputable shelter....I have a penchant for Heinz 57 dogs....lol.....usually better tempered than most purebreds.....from my experience.... ;)

Kiwi is a good choice...but I prefer bananas myself....maybe because I am.... :D

What's your favorite type of liquid refreshment?......

(hint, there is only one correct answer - Rum & Coke.... :*..... :D :D :D )

X5lbOom.gif

*Lake Buchannan* or the one with the nuddie beach :D .... Odd you mentioned this Jeff. My wife and I picked up a dumped dog this week (sad but common in the country).) The animal was very emaciated and probably would not lived much longer. Yes a mutt. We took her in for all her shots and tested for heart worms etc. All negative :) . Will have her spaded in two weeks. Vet even said the Hienz make the best dogs. She learns fast and is very protective of her new home. Dumped dogs are not usually taken in and die from disease, starvation, or killed by predators. Back on subject: In my drinking days I enjoyed a well aged Kentucky Bourbon mixed with Vernors Ginger ale. What is your favorite cheese cake?