Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

What are they afraid of?

طلحہ سجادطلحہ سجاد On a French leavePosts: 1,000 Pool Champion
I encounter such types of players, IDK if others do. Just want to know they'll play only when their opponent is low-ranked? Otherwise they'll refresh. Is it their way to maintain that percentage?
pi1v8zont6s5.png
o91vr9v3uxpq.png

Comments

• CorbyCorby Posts: 428 Pool Pro
    I've never seen this message, if i select a game and get matched that's it i win or lose. No backing out.
  • David RohrerDavid Rohrer Posts: 705 Pool Expert
    I've only seen it if/when their (or every now and then MY ) connection is weak to the host. It was more on the fb and old version for me that i encountered that message.
  • طلحہ سجادطلحہ سجاد On a French leavePosts: 1,000 Pool Champion
    I've only seen it if/when their (or every now and then MY ) connection is weak to the host. It was more on the fb and old version for me that i encountered that message.

Those players are too chicken to play, lol. :D
  • *Aurora**Aurora* Posts: 6,550 Pool Forum VIP
    I've always thought that this is a connection issue.
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Batty Old BagPosts: 9,990 Pool Forum VIP
    Not all chickens are chicken...

98f3yv65ih9y.gif
  • joe.joe. Posts: 410 Pool Pro
    edited January 6
    I get this a lot! I thought It'd be just a high tier issue with coin transferrers, but nope I get it in Tokyo and Las Vegas
    joe. wrote: »
    I get this a lot! I thought It'd be just a high tier issue with coin transferrers, but nope I get it in Tokyo and Las Vegas

If you play with a low-level account they'd play. But when it comes to high level opponents, they'll just refuse to play and 'refresh'
  • joe.joe. Posts: 410 Pool Pro
    joe. wrote: »

If you play with a low-level account they'd play. But when it comes to high level opponents, they'll just refuse to play and 'refresh'

Why tho lol :D Takes a lot of effort to refresh, they must really care about a win streak/percentage
  • COOLOCKERCOOLOCKER A real HAppy new yearPosts: 2,897 Pool Champion
    Yep, its a bit mad if they do refresh. I see a tier higher than me and i start to rub my hands with glee. The higher the better.
  • SunidhifanSunidhifan Earthbound....Posts: 5,631 Pool Forum VIP
    IMO, it is two-fold issue..... ;)

Sometimes, it is a player who just refreshes as soon as they see who they are matched with....for whatever reason....whether with nefarious intent or they are looking for a certain player or they are intimidated by your stats/level......

But I believe a big factor is also like Aurora said....it is a connection issue....you might have the best high speed and system and internet connection in the world....but if your opponent has poor quality service or system, or the servers are heavily burdened, this can actually be very detrimental to establishing a good connection....if the systems cannot sync up, you get that message.....

A waste of time, but what does 40 extra seconds of your life really matter?.....relax and smell the coffee.... ;)

X5lbOom.gif
  • cidercodercidercoder Posts: 984 Pool Expert
    edited January 6
    Happens to me all the time. This was from about 20 mins ago, obviously wants to keep his fantastic winning secret to himself, after all , he's won 55 games and only potted 6 balls, what a super star :neutral:
    i478dbbaup1p.jpg
  • Davy DacueDavy Dacue Qui Audet Adipiscitur.Posts: 1,929 Pool Champion
    George Sweeper might be interested in him . ^^^
  • Jason_360Jason_360 Posts: 211 Pool Pro
    I thought it means a connection issue as well. And I never heard of backing away from a game in order to maintain their stats. Once the table is set, it's either win or lose and stats are affected.
    Jason_360 wrote: »
    I thought it means a connection issue as well. And I never heard of backing away from a game in order to maintain their stats. Once the table is set, it's either win or lose and stats are affected.

It most often is a connection issue IMO....especially in lower tiers...very little incentive for nefarious activity there, but some do in all probability......even beginner nefarious types need to practice their nefarious methods before going after higher tiers.... ;)

But there is no doubt, there are quite a few low level players who will see your level at initial match-up and fearing a loss, hit refresh...as long as they do the refresh before the rack is made, the connection is lost.....no rack, no effect on stats...sometimes, you will just go back to the lobby when they do...but most of the time, you will get that stupid "waiting for your opponent...." message... :s

It happens to me at least 4 times a day.....the vast majority of the ones that do it are very low level players (under 40) who I am positive are intimidated by the level and will not play.....
    This is evidenced by the number of threads made on here regarding unfair level matching.... ;)
    I am sure most honest beginners, having not mastered the nuances of the game yet, feel it is very unfair to get matched with a 100+ player just to get denialed or a run-out if they make a mistake....so they refresh....nothing nefarious in that IMO....just a very conservative beginner.... ;)

But I could be wrong on any or all of that....lol...been wrong more than a few times in my life.... :*

X5lbOom.gif
  • Jason_360Jason_360 Posts: 211 Pool Pro
    But there is no doubt, there are quite a few low level players who will see your level at initial match-up and fearing a loss, hit refresh...as long as they do the refresh before the rack is made, the connection is lost.....no rack, no effect on stats...sometimes, you will just go back to the lobby when they do...but most of the time, you will get that stupid "waiting for your opponent...." message... :s

That's interesting...In my opinion, it's somewhat ironic. There are times when I win against much higher ranked players with little issue but I struggle to beat players with a much lower rank. I guess it goes to show that you can't judge someone's skill by their rank sometimes.

edited January 6
    Have said that many a times.....just like you cannot judge a book by it's cover.....level is meaningless IMO.... ;) Only game play can indicate skill level....

As long as the level indicator can only keep going up, and never down, regardless of wins/losses, then there is no accuracy of skill measurement, only that you played or paid a lot to get there....lol..

And there are many, many high level players who create 'ringer' accounts for fun or specific challenges.....so no way to tell if a low-level player is genuinely a beginner or an alt.... ;)

X5lbOom.gif
    Sunidhifan wrote: »
    IMO, it is two-fold issue..... ;)

Sometimes, it is a player who just refreshes as soon as they see who they are matched with....for whatever reason....whether with nefarious intent or they are looking for a certain player or they are intimidated by your stats/level......

But I believe a big factor is also like Aurora said....it is a connection issue....you might have the best high speed and system and internet connection in the world....but if your opponent has poor quality service or system, or the servers are heavily burdened, this can actually be very detrimental to establishing a good connection....if the systems cannot sync up, you get that message.....

A waste of time, but what does 40 extra seconds of your life really matter?.....relax and smell the coffee.... ;)

X5lbOom.gif

It could be connection issue for some players... But some deny to play on purpose...
    cidercoder wrote: »
    Happens to me all the time. This was from about 20 mins ago, obviously wants to keep his fantastic winning secret to himself, after all , he's won 55 games and only potted 6 balls, what a super star :neutral:
    i478dbbaup1p.jpg

Oh dear, that guy has nothing to lose :D But wait is it the same country every time? :D
  • *Aurora**Aurora* Posts: 6,550 Pool Forum VIP
    edited January 7
    cidercoder wrote: »
    i478dbbaup1p.jpg

These players should be contacted. They might know some answers how to prolong life. 6 balls potted and 55 games won. That is amazing. Or maybe they could teach us something about abstinence.

Problem solved? ;)

• cueninja1975cueninja1975 Posts: 246 Pool Pro
    only one thing/player should be feared........X47, the best there is, was and will be at this game
  • Rowunbeat!Rowunbeat! Posts: 1,467 Pool Champion
    only one thing/player should be feared........X47, the best there is, was and will be at this game

heard he reached legend streak, 10k and counting, right?