Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

What's your routine when you start playing ?

Nanny OggNanny Ogg Growing Old DisgracefullyPosts: 10,624 Pool Forum Veteran
edited September 2017 in Community
Do you even have a set routine ?

My routine is a fairly recent one but it goes like this...

First thing I do when I decide to play is to go to the beta version for my free spin.
The reason for getting it there is because it is the only way I will ever have a chance of owning one of those overpowered sdsf cues, since I will never ever spend any real money on this game.

Then I log out of my account and go to the old version to "warm up" as a "guest" for between 5 and 20 games, depending on whether I get any good opponents.
You might be surprised at just how good some of the guest players can be, even with that beginners broomstick. Which leads me to believe that there are probably a whole lot of members that also like to warm up too !
It's also a good place to warm up my bankshots.

Then I go into the old version on PC and play for a few hours, usually about 10 to 20 games at a time, then a break then back into the game.

Later in the day I will spend an hour or two in the beta version and on another 8ball site, before going back into the "real" game.

When I am having a bad day or two I will give "Nanny Ogg" a rest and play my alt, I'm still managing to keep my WP at around 80% on that one LOL

When I've had enough of banging balls I'll log out and go and shoot some zombies in the face or rob a bank or two LOL

Comments

• Deimos666Deimos666 Mobile / AndroidPosts: 586 Pool Expert
    I don't have a routine, some days I play, some I don't. Generally when I'm not doing much I'll grab my tablet for a number of games. I might play one game, might play 20, if I play badly I generally stop for a while or the rest of the day depending, no sense in letting my blood pressure get out of hand from my mistakes. :* :D I have some bad days where I feel like a noob. :#

I never warm up, I go straight into it; I think I'd be tired of playing by the time the warm up frames were over. lol

lol at shooting zombies and such. :D

I tried playing as guest when practicing the web version, but hated to switch back and forth since it takes for ever for the game to load up, lol. Just easier to use my regular account. Good idea though and certainly a good way to get some practice in.
  • guest9764312580guest9764312580 Posts: 2 New Member
    Guest account is the only way to play this game, no coins or bloated egos.
    Bubbling under: you might get some good games

• G11gamingG11gaming Rock out :BPosts: 4,555 Pool Champion
    Guest account is the only way to play this game, no coins or bloated egos.
    lol ? Who has bloated egos? :# :joy:
  • Carlos TalesCarlos Tales Posts: 1,398 Pool Champion
    edited September 2017
    Nanny, surely after robbing a bank or 2 you can use the proceeds to buy one of the over powered cues? :D

I don't have a routine either. I loaded the game for the first time last night since coming back from holiday. Played Rio using my new conqueror cue, first game I made a denial. 2nd game my opponent broke and missed his last ball and I made a clearance. The final I made another denial (Bloated ego :joy:)

I would def recommend the conqueror cue to anyone who's willing to part with some real cash :#
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Growing Old DisgracefullyPosts: 10,624 Pool Forum Veteran
    kickin-mac wrote: »
    Nanny Ogg wrote: »
    Do you even have a set routine ?

not really......right hand at the mouse, left hand to a warm, cosy place and lets go........ :D

OMG that's way too much information thank you hahaha :D

Carl Tales wrote: »
    Nanny, surely after robbing a bank or 2 you can use the proceeds to buy one of the over powered cues? :D

I don't spend money on here Carl, not because I can't afford to but on principle, I flatly refuse to support the blatant money grubbing, profit before people, screw the customer for every penny attitude that this company has taken over the last 5 years or so.
    Yea I get that but I don't think they are much different to any other company out there. I will always have an Iphone even though Apple may win the race to be the first trillion $ company.
  • CorbyCorby Posts: 493 Pool Pro
    My routine is to just start playing and try not to let my OCD kick in. Lol
    Talha wrote: »
    I would def recommend the conqueror cue to anyone who's willing to part with some real cash :#

Galaxy cue is a better choice :D

Agreed a better choice for unskilled players not able to control the full spin power :D
  • VijayGunnersVijayGunners Posts: 813 Pool Expert
    I spend a couple of minutes in practice offline just to see if the short guideline glitch is happening.

If it's fine then I'll challenge a few players or play a few tournament games. If the glitch is there then i'll exit the game and re open it to test again, I'll keep doing that until it's fixed.

5wgvfgijb9fz.png
    This is the glitch.
  • SunidhifanSunidhifan Earthbound....Posts: 6,096 Pool Forum VIP
    First...I remove all my clothing, neatly fold everything and place it on the couch....then I sit down to play.... ;)

That way...I can always claim ignorance at the table....since I am a 'nudie' in the game..... :D

X5lbOom.gif
  • G11gamingG11gaming Rock out :BPosts: 4,555 Pool Champion
    Sunidhifan wrote: »
    First...I remove all my clothing, neatly fold everything and place it on the couch....then I sit down to play.... ;)

That way...I can always claim ignorance at the table....since I am a 'nudie' in the game..... :D

X5lbOom.gif

OMG :# I'm never playing you again. :#

crodq7e6s93x.gif
  • COOLOCKERCOOLOCKER Now you know.Posts: 3,690 Pool Champion
    edited September 2017
    I just get straight into the game without practice frames or anything. But what i tend to do is, if i start badly, i will leave. And if i start well, then i will continue playing until i get bored, or have something to do.

On a side note. I couldnt find the thread where we discussed legend status a short while back, so i might as well post it here while im here. Yayyyy.

4g39k8tvx4wo.jpg
  • creativehottycreativehotty could be summerPosts: 2,029 Pool Champion
    Sunidhifan wrote: »

X5lbOom.gif

:+1: rofl !!
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Growing Old DisgracefullyPosts: 10,624 Pool Forum Veteran
    COOLOCKER wrote: »
    I just get straight into the game without practice frames or anything. But what i tend to do is, if i start badly, i will leave. And if i start well, then i will continue playing until i get bored, or have something to do.

On a side note. I couldnt find the thread where we discussed legend status a short while back, so i might as well post it here while im here. Yayyyy.

4g39k8tvx4wo.jpg

Fantastic News Jimmy ! Welcome to the Club ! <3

wlxs18c9nrw8.gif

u9hxowot02c4.gif

• UnEquiVocaL EnDUnEquiVocaL EnD Posts: 531 Pool Expert

Yeah I also have that cue but you lose your bonus XP if you use it.
    i like the Shangri La Cue and Thor Hammer cues until I get the Archangel.

I'm 2 pieces away from Archangel. Possibley need 1500 more pc to get it. Levelling up isn't so much of a priority to me so I rarely use legendries. That may change once I own the Archangel
  • VijayGunnersVijayGunners Posts: 813 Pool Expert

I'm 2 pieces away from Archangel. Possibley need 1500 more pc to get it. Levelling up isn't so much of a priority to me so I rarely use legendries. That may change once I own the Archangel

I wonder if the Archangel pieces will still be rare once the new cues are released.
    I think yes. I imagine at least 8 possibly 9 new cues will be ahead of the Archangel. 2000 - 2500 more pc for me might be enough to get them all. I've already used approx 2000.
  • wafflepiratewafflepirate ring rash roadPosts: 636 Pool Expert
    i always wear heatsocks when i start playing, it stops my dogs licking my toes :D
  • guest9764312580guest9764312580 Posts: 2 New Member
    Thank you fellow guests for some good games! Guest game is like a glory hole, you never know who's there but it might be a pleasant surprise!