Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

The word troll and its definition?

G11gamingG11gaming It's all good :) Posts: 2,460 Pool Champion
Do you all know what it actually means?.... I've had the misfortune of being labeled a Troll - something that has never been said to me in all my 25 years on the internet.

So i would like to know why this word gets banded around far to easily now a days?

Comments

• *Aurora**Aurora* youtoo?Posts: 6,013 Pool Forum VIP
    May I point out that it's two different things to be called a troll or talk about the action of trolling. I'm not usually keen an name calling, I tend to interfere with actions not personality.
  • SunidhifanSunidhifan Earthbound....Posts: 4,986 Pool Champion
    edited October 7
    Troll definition:

In Internet slang, a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

In my experience, most trolls on here try to get things started betwixt others while trying to appear innocent of such activity or direct involvement/interface of any kind.....They usually try to start things off by knowingly making threads, posts, and/or statements with the goal of getting others to spar over hot-topic issues....always masked in so-called innocent expression of opinions... ;)

Like all forums and social sites....we have our fair share no doubt..... :*

I have of course been guilty of some trolling myself....our little Chinese language spammer who we had flooding the forum a while back comes to mind.....I spent a lot of effort in trolling that twit as much as possible..... ;) :* :D

As the old saying goes...even though I cannot say the actual saying, everyone should catch my drift -
    Stuff Happens..... :p

X5lbOom.gif

• MozoidMozoid Posts: 20 Pool Player
    A troll hides under the bridge until the goat James Brown is taken to the bridge, **** him off using his horn section and the troll floats off downstream, suitably relaxed, mind switched off. So maybe the person calling you a troll was projecting... but there's a field on the other side of the middle 8 and plenty off grass, so, switch off, relax and float downstream and take me to the bridge.
  • The ScobesterThe Scobester Posts: 2,194 Pool Champion
    Mozoid wrote: »
    A troll hides under the bridge until the goat James Brown is taken to the bridge, **** him off using his horn section and the troll floats off downstream, suitably relaxed, mind switched off. So maybe the person calling you a troll was projecting... but there's a field on the other side of the middle 8 and plenty off grass, so, switch off, relax and float downstream and take me to the bridge.

Jeje, sounds good, lets all go to the bridge.... :p
    In Norway it was believed that trolls turned to mountains. They had plenty of trolls there.

800px-Troll_becoming_a_mountain_ill_jnl.png
  • G11gamingG11gaming It's all good :) Posts: 2,460 Pool Champion
    Mozoid wrote: »

Jeje, sounds good, lets all go to the bridge.... :p

I like the floating part.. o:)
    *Aurora* wrote: »
    In Norway it was believed that trolls turned to mountains. They had plenty of trolls there.

800px-Troll_becoming_a_mountain_ill_jnl.png

That's the origin of a troll , forgive me if i'm not smart enough to recognize that. :)
    Oh, wow, someone has listed various types of trolls.

The 18 Types Of Internet Trolls
    lol @aur

i like this one.

2. The Priggish Grammar Troll :D
    edited October 7
    And just for @Mozoid I could knit a troll. ;) <3

lotte.jpg
    G11gaming wrote: »
    lol @aur

i like this one.

2. The Priggish Grammar Troll :D

Number 4 is risky territory, but it goes on lol. :'(
    And just for @Mozoid I could knit a troll. ;)

lotte.jpg

oh wow, what a looker, is she single? :* <3 :D
    White Knights - have you met any lately?

Good question! I think I see a wedding ring, lol.

My type of bird. :p

Typical male point of view, I'd say. They rather go after married women, because they figure that these women were good enough for another guy. It's the risk with single ladies, maybe they are too hard to get along with. Or is it because men want to conquer a woman from someone else? There's no such competition with single women. Which is it?

Typical male point of view, I'd say. They rather go after married women, because they figure that these women were good enough for another guy. It's the risk with single ladies, maybe they are too hard to get along with. Or is it because men want to conquer a woman from someone else? There's no such competition with single women. Which is it?

Not from me lol - there are womanizers out and about, but that aint me love. ;) Of course the single ones, and yeah there is a bit of competition from other singletons - depending on your location whether it be a pub or a club. :*