Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
If you are not currently able to login via Facebook login, please right click on the Facebook icon and choose the option to "open in a new tab". Thank you for understanding
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

How would you grow the forum?

13567

Comments

  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Growing Old DisgracefullyPosts: 10,890 Pool Forum Veteran
    G11gaming wrote: »
    Nanny Ogg wrote: »
    It could well be a first, but I actually agree with the previous poster.
    I warned you admins about the abuse and misuse of the off topic section months ago.
    Your reply was along the lines of "oh well what can we do ".
    So let's not hear any complaints when people decide that if you can't beat them then you might as well join them.

    y35unu75k1bx.png

    How about mod/admin merge all music into 1 thread only?

    Wow another previous poster that I don't normally agree with, and yet that was the exact suggestion I made to the admins months ago. They refused to even entertain the idea.
  • G11gamingG11gaming Rock out :BPosts: 4,555 Pool Champion
    Nanny Ogg wrote: »
    G11gaming wrote: »
    Nanny Ogg wrote: »
    It could well be a first, but I actually agree with the previous poster.
    I warned you admins about the abuse and misuse of the off topic section months ago.
    Your reply was along the lines of "oh well what can we do ".
    So let's not hear any complaints when people decide that if you can't beat them then you might as well join them.

    y35unu75k1bx.png

    How about mod/admin merge all music into 1 thread only?

    Wow another previous poster that I don't normally agree with, and yet that was the exact suggestion I made to the admins months ago. They refused to even entertain the idea.

    B) Also they could introduce a posting timer, to stop post after post, not sure though would that effect quoting on other topics/threads etc?
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Growing Old DisgracefullyPosts: 10,890 Pool Forum Veteran
    edited November 2017
    How hard would it be to just move the music threads to a dedicated sub-category in the same vein as "forum games" ?
    But even that idea was ignored.
  • G11gamingG11gaming Rock out :BPosts: 4,555 Pool Champion
    Indeed, i would also like them to add a sub - section for mobile players.
  • SunidhifanSunidhifan Earthbound....Posts: 6,412 Pool Forum VIP
    edited November 2017
    *Aurora* wrote: »
    When are you going to add more sections to forums? Or do any changes at all?

    Technically the Off-Topic section has become one huge Posting Games forum.

    dskvcp90ival.jpg

    I am not really clear on what the issue is you are complaining about here..... :* ....Not trying to start an argument at all....just curious...

    A little clarity would help....is it;

    1. The number of threads with different subjects?
    2. Or the number of posts made by individuals in different threads?

    If it is number 1, too many threads created by the same person - Then here is what I have found:

    I reviewed the last 10 pages of most recent posts and found the number of threads created by the same person to be:

    *Auroa* = 33
    G11gaming = 15
    Nany Ogg = 6
    Michael Huang = 5
    Ahsan Player = 4
    Muhamad Naqvi = 3
    Melody = 3
    zip = 3
    Many others with 2 and 1...including me with 1...yet you made sure your image contained myself as making recent posts in the top three threads and Nanny Ogg making many in the following threads....however, the true issue is, who has created the most threads in the Category...making it a Huge Posting Games section.... :*

    So I ask, is that your real issue?...if so, that brings up point number 2

    If it is number 2, too much posting by the same individual in many different threads/bumping - Then I would have to ask, does that not contradict completely the point you were making here in the "What makes you angry" thread:

    *Aurora* wrote: »

    It's been a welcome bump, don't you think, for the sake of conversation, not to up his post count. You get more threads where to up yours. ;)
    *Aurora* wrote: »
    I know you wouldn't mind about your post count, but why criticize someone else's attempts to post? One has to start somewhere. The forum is meant for talking! It's often the long-standing members who tell others how to post, it's not always good. But I hear you, you were just expressing your feelings and it's of course, what the thread is about. You are entitled to that!

    I read between the lines that you are referring to double-yakoub bumping threads recently. Are you trying to hide this? Now that could be called definitely bumping, but at least he has done something to recreate discussion. He's not bumping his own threads. What's even more important he's delivered some new content as well, not repeated the same old.

    By posting in seemingly random threads new members have barely upped their post account by few numbers. I still assume that they can't post new threads everywhere so they will have to find some thread. Unfortunately some people don't have that good English that they would get things right the first time.

    PS: I won't be here long upping my post account, so bare with me. Just a temporary nuisance. ;)

    I was under the impression from the above that you want more people to make more posts to make the forum more interesting and used by many...versus a few exclusive individuals dominating the forum and discussions.....

    The primary function of the forum itself is that it exists, is made for and designed to discuss issues regarding the 8 Ball Pool Game..... As a side benefit, they provide a specific Category for Off-Topic subjects for everyone to create and add to, comment on, and cover almost any subject under the sun they wish to.... ;)

    Now I have to agree, the number of threads created on the same subject are an issue in all Categories....I cannot even recount how many duplicate threads have been created regarding the same issue...such as "I forgot my email" and "This person is a hacker" and "I am having trouble logging in to game" just to name a few.....most are deleted or closed....
    I do have to agree that one subject in particular has far too many duplicate or semi-duplicate threads, that of course being the music Category....there must be 20+ of those, and probably rightfully deserve a Sub-Category of their own....
    However, even with that said, it is probably the only topic that deserves it's own sub-category per se....I honestly think it would be far to difficult and confusing to divide and categorize all the other various threads in the Off-Topic Category.....the only way I can see to do so would be something like the color categories in Trivial Pursuit, the game,...Sports & Leisure, Entertainment, Food & Drink et al... but again, very complicated and confusing.....I think anyone interested in Off-Topic issues should have no problem either reviewing the existing threads or utilizing the "search" feature to see if an issue they are interested in shows up.....Whether one must search for a subject using the "search" feature, or actually reviewing the entire category, having several sub-categories will not change the fact that you have to review numerous threads in one category or many threads in numerous sub-categories..... The number of music threads justifies it's own sub-category...yes....but IMO, all the rest of the Off-Topic threads are best kept in one location for ease of access.... ;)

    If there is something I am missing, please fill me in..... How would you propose dividing the Off-Topic section into Sub-Categories.....Having multiple sub-categories would actually be more confusing in my honest opinion...and we all know that most people (especially new members) would just post wherever they want anyway.....Policing the numerous comments made in various threads to make sure they match the specific sub-categories would become far more cumbersome and time-consuming than would be either worth doing or finding someone willing to do so....and again, who would decide whether every post actually belonged in the specific thread....it would come down to matter of opinion in the end....

    So bottom line for me is that yes, the music threads should probably have their own Sub-Category... And a Sub Category for Mobile players would probably be justified in the Community Category as per G11gaming's suggestion......but everything else should be left as is..... :)

    But again, that is just my opinion....and everyone is, of course rightfully allowed their own on the matter, just wanted to add mine....

    Play nice and have fun.... :)



    X5lbOom.gif


    Post edited by Sunidhifan on
  • COOLOCKERCOOLOCKER Secluder.Posts: 3,801 Pool Champion
    edited November 2017
    *Aurora* wrote: »
    The issue is the topics. After that come the posters, but topics first.

    The issue should not be about who creates a thread. It's what is in the topic. Everyone should be welcome to join the discussion to discuss the topic. Of course, in the forums someone may decide that they are not going to "contribute" to a certain thread because it was created by a certain person. OK, that's fine, when someone makes an individual decision to stay out of the someone else's threads, but it becomes a problem when several people do so deliberately or by an agreement and simultaneously contribute to other threads of people, whom they like. This is what's called cliques. People form them and it shows in the forums IF the structure is not fixed and posting rules not obeyd.

    Posting games -type posts, where you repeat your similar replies over and over again, should go to Posting Games section. Personal threads like Sunid's Adventures should go to some section where personal threads are welcome. My achievements thread in Community section should go to separate section where talking about ME and MY game achievements is more allowed. I made the title as an example [ACHIEVEMENTS] *Aurora*. It used to be like that in the original forums.

    What if we all created a thread of our own in the general topics section? It would be like the old Anagrammatic forums. Everyone had their personal threads there, if you tried to create a thread with a topic, it was bumped down by someone posting in all other threads just to say hello. It would become a popularity competition of whose thread is up there on first index page. Staying on first index page was to show which people were important there.

    Is this happening here?

    Now that you look at the screen shot I sent, how is that welcoming to a newcomer? Since we are talking about growing the forums. It could be other names as well, but with the same scenario. A new member sees the board and always the same people "taking it", thinks it looks like I have to get along with just these few people to get along in these forums. Does he want that? He does not know them and has maybe not come to forums to look for buddies but to talk about interesting topics or have fun with anyone that thinks alike.

    The idea of a forum has been misunderstood here. Clearly this won't fix itself until staff makes changes.

    You posting stats about started topics and Coolocker once telling me that my threads all die. To me this is evidence enough that I am being boycotting as a topic starter because there is a clique that wants to favor other threads. I don't mind if it is MY threads that die, it's more about diversity not being welcomed. We all know that threads here are being bumped down. We all know how it happens.

    What comes to community section, it would need an active moderator to delete duplicate threads, link wanderers to correct places. It would be important that the mod knows the games he's talking about, all versions of them, just to be able to relate with users' problems.

    People, stop spamming and let go of your ego trips.

    Ok, i wasnt going to say anything on this, but your intent on causing trouble by naming me in there has caused me to do just that......reply. Funny how you didnt tag me this time like you usaually do? Maybe my past posts on the forum to you about that exact subject (tagging me, and dragging me into another argument) is finally getting through to you? No, obviously not. You still named me here, instead of maybe using the word "somebody". Your intent is crystal clear. Maybe you thought it would fly under the radar? Im not sure, but naming me is the same as tagging me in my book.

    First things first. I did not say your threads all die. What i said was something along the lines that some of your threads have been deleted, and pointed out the reasons why. And those reasons are mainly because you start a row in those threads. It has nothing to do with boycotting or cliques, and has more to do with your own agenda. And to be honest, that agenda more than likely does contain its own cliques, but thats your own Prerogative.

    So, i could break down your post here and reply to every paragraph you posted above. But im not going to. All i am going to do is to ask you once again to stop dragging me into your arguments. Thank you.
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Growing Old DisgracefullyPosts: 10,890 Pool Forum Veteran
    *Aurora* wrote: »
    The issue is the topics. After that come the posters, but topics first.

    You posting stats about started topics and Coolocker once telling me that my threads all die. To me this is evidence enough that I am being boycotted as a topic starter because there is a clique that wants to favor other threads. I don't mind if it is MY threads that die, it's more about diversity not being welcomed, if someone sees it important to count them. We all know that threads here are being bumped down. We all know how it happens.

    Firstly, some of your threads don't die because of any non-existent cliques.
    That's just too paranoid for words.
    They die because they're simply not very interesting to other people.
    No-one would dispute the fact that you are very good at organising tournaments
    and your efforts in that respect are well known, but you would be better off
    sticking to what you're good at.

    Accept the fact that you are just not very good at finding subject matter
    that can motivate other people to reply and join in the discussion.
    With one exception... when you deliberately try and provoke a negative reaction.

    Your claim that there is a clique of people all sitting around a table
    with nothing better to do than to plot and plan and talk about you would
    be laughable if it wasn't so sad. There is no evil mastermind behind the
    fact that people don't respond to some of your posts. The majority of
    people in this forum simply find your off topic attempts a little bit
    boring.

    You do start rows, everyone knows it, it's not an opinion.
    It is a fact.
    I challenge the admins to go back and read every historical fight
    that you have been involved in here and check to see who made the first
    comments that instigated the subsequent rows.
    And while some of us are prepared to call you out on your negative behaviour
    the vast majority simply do not want to get involved in all the bickering.

    Why do you keep complaining about how other people want to run things,
    or how they think they are some sort of de facto leader, when it is always
    you who thinks you know better, whether it be how to run a forum or a school ?

    Why do you think you know better than the very people who are actually
    qualified in their fields, where you are quite patently not ?

    Your idea of how to run a forum is a decade out of date, it is far too
    regimented and strict, and it would be far more offputting to new members
    than multiple postings, especially since todays generations are more used
    to the less structured approach of social media like Twitfakebook et al.

    The issue isn't topics. The issue isn't even posters.
    The issue is mind your own dam business.


    @Talha

    Talha, forget bygones be bygones, I'm looking forward to gone byebyes.
  • COOLOCKERCOOLOCKER Secluder.Posts: 3,801 Pool Champion
    edited November 2017
    *Aurora* wrote: »

    Why are you so tense about being named? You are posting here behind your name. It is not somebody posting, it is you. You clearly have had an issue with my posting, so take responsibility of your words, also. You like to hide in a bigger group and post group-minded opinions.

    What this thread needs is George to give his reviews. I've replied to Sunid's questions as he wanted my reasoning, it included your words to me. I don't mind him asking, but I could have as well ignored, because these things don't advance unless staff takes care of what they have started here. They asked the questions, they should evaluate given opinions.

    Also, your statement about me starting rows, is your opinion, not a fact.

    You, for example, calling me sick in the head, how is that not classified as starting a row? FYI, just like mods advised, I took these conversations to private, but you didn't dare to reply.

    I just want to address this, and then i will leave it at that.

    *Aurora* wrote: »
    Why are you so tense about being named?

    I have told you a multitude of times why. I even mentioned why in my previous post. You keep on deliberately dragging me into your arguments. You have absolutely no right to do that, but you keep on doing it.
    *Aurora* wrote: »
    You are posting here behind your name. It is not somebody posting, it is you.

    I am not sure what you are trying to say here? But if you are trying to say that i dont want my name on the forum, then thats just ridiculous. I wouldnt be posting on a forum if that was the case.
    *Aurora* wrote: »
    You clearly have had an issue with my posting, so take responsibility of your words, also.

    Yes i do. And my issue is that i have requested that you stop tagging me and dragging me into your fights many many times. But you insist on doing it, just like above. That is what is called "causing trouble". They are your fights, not mine, so please stop doing that.
    *Aurora* wrote: »
    You like to hide in a bigger group and post group-minded opinions.

    I am doing all my talking in an open forum, from my own mind. Your paranoia about this suggests to me that you have a problem in thinking its all about you. I want folks here to see that, and try to understand that it is not me who starts this off all the time. Or maybe its just your way of trying to make me look like some kind of trouble maker. The fact that you actually mis-quoted me twice in your last few posts will attest to that. You have made it look like i have started something by twisting my words, and without giving out the full details. I will come back to that later.
    *Aurora* wrote: »
    I've replied to Sunid's questions as he wanted my reasoning, it included your words to me.

    And that is exactly why i have responded to your first post. Like i said, you continously drag me into it by using or tagging me all the time. I have asked you not to do that.
    *Aurora* wrote: »
    Also, your statement about me starting rows, is your opinion, not a fact.

    The evidence of that is right here in front of your eyes.
    *Aurora* wrote: »
    You, for example, calling me sick in the head, how is that not classified as starting a row?

    Twisting my words and not giving out the full details number 1. I dont remember saying that, and i probably more than likely did say it. And if i did say it, then it was more than likely in the middle of a heated conversation. The fact that it would be in the middle of a heated conversation only goes to show that it was not a "start" of a row. To suggest that i started a row with these words is trying to make me look bad again. And i know for a fact that i did not start of any messages or posts to you with those words. As i said, it could have been in the middle, but definitely not the start. There is a huge difference in that, so you might want to think that one over?
    *Aurora* wrote: »
    and Coolocker once telling me that my threads all die.

    Twisting my words and not giving out the full details number 2. From your first post, and i have already addressed that.

  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Growing Old DisgracefullyPosts: 10,890 Pool Forum Veteran
    edited November 2017
    *Aurora* wrote: »
    I appreciate your reply, Coolocker. I'm not in an argument with Sunid. Sunid asked, I replied, and you were mentioned as an example. I was trying to be as thorough as him explaining my reasoning. I don't copy these things in order to bring them back up later, so I may have wording correct. I don't memorize them word by word either.

    You also agree with me, that these things have happened. I don't see you as an troublesome poster, but you have been caught between other people's issues. What you see as difference between our replies is that, albeit agreeing with me, you see me as a monster, because you don't understand where I'm coming from. You excuse yourself by explaining that your less nice words happened in a heated conversation. I can accept that.

    Right above you is an example of how an instigator works. We all involved know that some of my private words with G11 have been spread to a bigger group of people, after I added you to our conversation. These words are now used in posts against me, from that I have examples to present to admins. I assume you copied the content and sent it to others?
    Nanny Ogg wrote: »
    Why do you keep complaining about how other people want to run things, or how they think they are some sort of de facto leader, when it is always
    you who thinks you know better, whether it be how to run a forum or a school ?

    So it's kind of moot to claim that there are no people talking behind the scenes. You know it very well yourself. And it looks like I am being now blackmailed with some private issues.

    Just to add to my earlier screen shot, the idea was not to present Sunid as a spammer. The spamming issue was with someone else - mainly Nan and G11. They have been competing and they should really admit it themselves.

    PS: We could have done all this talking in private or with admins, your choice.

    I've lost count of the number of times you have told me that
    you. Just as I have lost count
    of the number of times you have told us all that you could
    run this and the other forum better than those that already
    do. So where's the blackmail ?
    If you don't want your words to come back and bite you, don't say them.
    Post edited by AlisaNTonik on
  • SunidhifanSunidhifan Earthbound....Posts: 6,412 Pool Forum VIP
    *Aurora* wrote: »
    The issue is the topics. After that come the posters, but topics first.


    I see.....well I shall address each section from my point of view....

    *Aurora* wrote: »
    The issue should not be about who creates a thread. It's what is in the topic. Everyone should be welcome to join the discussion to discuss the topic. Of course, in the forums someone may decide that they are not going to "contribute" to a certain thread because it was created by a certain person. OK, that's fine, when someone makes an individual decision to stay out of the someone else's threads, but it becomes a problem when several people do so deliberately or by an agreement and simultaneously contribute to other threads of people, whom they like. This is what's called cliques. People form them and it shows in the forums IF the structure is not fixed and posting rules not obeyd.

    Of course everyone is welcome to join any topic as long as they contribute to the topic, I personally have never had any issue with that at all....and I could care less who does it, or how many they do, as long as bumps of old threads remain on topic....bumping an old and dead thread on a totally off-topic post is an unacceptable way to up their post count....but on topic is perfectly OK in my book...but I get ahead of myself....
    The reason someone elects to join any given discussion is completely irrelevant....they either want to join or not, whether it is because they have no interest in the subject or they dislike the creator is moot.... Cliques are a part of human nature and happen in all aspects of life....some people naturally like each other and some people will never get along at all....except of course as needed in their professional or personal lives to make things work....part of life, always has been, always will be.... I see no way that policing of who posts when in where in your vision of 'fairness' could be enforced....lol...when you start telling people they have to post just as much in Johnny's thread as they do in Timmy's, it would empty of people faster than a pay-per-post (pool coins (gag) of course) feature.... :*
    But reacting to such a perceived belief that people are actually sitting in pm's or other social sites plotting against anyone and or deciding which threads they will respond to and which ones not is, tbh, bordering on Paranoia.....IMO.... :|

    *Aurora* wrote: »
    Posting games -type posts, where you repeat your similar replies over and over again, should go to Posting Games section. Personal threads like Sunid's Adventures should go to some section where personal threads are welcome. My achievements thread in Community section should go to separate section where talking about ME and MY game achievements is more allowed. I made the title as an example [ACHIEVEMENTS] *Aurora*. It used to be like that in the original forums.

    What if we all created a thread of our own in the general topics section? It would be like the old Anagrammatic forums. Everyone had their personal threads there, if you tried to create a thread with a topic, it was bumped down by someone posting in all other threads just to say hello. It would become a popularity competition of whose thread is up there on first index page. Staying on first index page was to show which people were important there.

    Is this happening here?

    As you say....Posting game type threads should be placed in the Posting Games sub-category...such as this one should have been:
    https://www.miniclip.com/social/8-ball-pool/forum/en/#/discussion/25309/forum-bingo/p1
    To be guilty of the subject about which one is complaining about does not lend much support to one's point .... if you know what I mean.... :*

    All challenge type threads should be in the sub-category of challenges...but that pretty much stopped a while ago and they are numerous throughout the Community Category....
    Same is true with Tournaments of any kind.....they should all be in the proper sub-category....but they are not, they are also all in the Community Category as well....
    No argument with you there at all ...... but there is, as most of us know, including you since you run your tournaments there, a very good reason for that....... Stuff disappears into a vacuum when put in a sub-category....people do not have the patience to search through all kinds of different places, they want everything front and center...if there were hundreds of active and participating members instead of the tens that there are, that would all be more proper, effective and easy to do....but as is..... if you want to guarantee obscurity, post in those sub-categories.... ;)

    Sorry my personal thread offends you so much and that you felt the best way to demonstrate your displeasure was to create your personal achievement thread in protest...and that nobody seemed to make that connection.....but we are both limited to posting what is currently available...and at least my personal thread is in the most appropriate Category available....
    As to the worry of whether everyone would start doing the same, it is a bit moot since no one else has....I found a new toy after getting my new transportation...and I wanted to share...so I posted it in the only section available and applicable....again, sorry my topic offends you....Personally, I have no problem at all with personal achievement threads in the Community Category either, they relate to the game...and despite the fact that there are at least 10 different 'Achievements' type threads currently available to post in........and, as you say, there is no personal section available on this forum as on the original forum....but, this forum is not the old forum in many ways.....the old forum of course covered all of the MiniClip games and thusly, had, as I said above, hundreds of active and regular posters....it could handle the many sections and categories available and had multiple and active Admins, Mods and developers aplenty to monitor and maintain it....the devs all disappeared at MiniClip direction....and this forum is dedicated solely to Pool...even though it is their most popular game... The majority of players do not make it here, most who join seem to only find this place out of frustration with game issues and come here to complain or seek assistance...then disappear just as quickly.....As I said above, there are only tens of people who could be labeled as regular, long-term active members...and a few on and off semi-regulars.....the mods and admins do not participate here much on a full-time basis by any means...adding to their duties and responsibilities of policing even more sub-categories and posting activity is not realistic.... As I said in my initial post in this thread, and you obviously agree, more active participation by staff is a MUST to grow the forum...the community itself cannot make it grow and flourish...as you said as well, structure is needed...but so is consistent and regular monitoring and maintenance....

    As to the Anagrammatic section....lol...who cares...seriously....if anyone wanted to participate, you easily could...I did on occasion and was made to feel welcome.....but the regulars all played multiple times every day...and all with each other...of course they all posted and talked to each other...it was their game and section after all........I never saw them having regular discussions as being exclusionary...or planned in order to ostracize anyone intentionally....I did not see it as a popularity contest on their first index page....just the place where they talked the most.....
    And frankly, from what I see, no...it is not happening here..... :|

    *Aurora* wrote: »
    Now that you look at the screen shot I sent, how is that welcoming to a newcomer? Since we are talking about growing the forums. It could be other names as well, but with the same scenario. A new member sees the board and always the same people "taking it", thinks it looks like I have to get along with just these few people to get along in these forums. Does he want that? He does not know them and has maybe not come to forums to look for buddies but to talk about interesting topics or have fun with anyone that thinks alike.
    The idea of a forum has been misunderstood here. Clearly this won't fix itself until staff makes changes.

    You posting stats about started topics and Coolocker once telling me that my threads all die. To me this is evidence enough that I am being boycotted as a topic starter because there is a clique that wants to favor other threads. I don't mind if it is MY threads that die, it's more about diversity not being welcomed, if someone sees it important to count them. We all know that threads here are being bumped down. We all know how it happens.

    What comes to community section, it would need an active moderator to delete duplicate threads, link wanderers to correct places. It would be important that the mod knows the games he's talking about, all versions of them, just to be able to relate with users' problems.

    People, stop spamming and let go of your ego trips.

    PS: Also, since it bothers you, Yakoub-yakoub did a favor to the forums during a silent spell by digging up some perfectly fine old threads with topics. I found many topics which I hadn't noticed before or I was - like many others - too lazy to go look beyond the first index page.

    PPS: I miss Scootz.

    Lol....love the way you put it in the first paragraph that your image as posted is off-putting to newcomers...as if our names there are more so than as when you put in your cute ending Post Script....that when yakoub-yakoub did it, it was interesting and a good thing for the forum when he did it making the Category intriquing and useful for you..... but if a more regular member does it, such as me and @Nanny Ogg it is bad and intimdating to a newcomer.... ....so what you are saying is that when your friend does it, as in here:

    gAaC4ke.png

    It is valuable and useful, but us two doing it is damaging and off-putting for the forum .....but more particularly....to you personally.... :*

    First off....how would a newcomer know who is a longstanding member and who isn't?.....How would they have any clue that mine or Nanny's or yours or yakoub-yakoub or any other regular is a so-called dominate member that they need to kow-tow to?......They are new....they have no idea who is who or what is what...like all newcomers....They need to feel the place out a bit to start out....
    We do agree that more staff presence is needed to get things going and operating properly...again, see my initial post in the thread....

    You made the complaint that the off-Topic section was out of control in becoming a Posting Games thread with way too many topics ....... I simply pointed out that in the last ten pages, you started 33 threads...many on similar topics as existing threads....so I merely pointed that out....hardly an indication of a boycott against your threads.....In point of fact, I happily joined your new music thread regarding cover bands.....you soon lost interest and discontinued posting there....so who was ignoring who?..... If you yourself lose interest in your own threads, are you boycotting yourself?
    When you complain that there are too many threads and topics, my commenting on the fact you created more than twice as many as the next most, who you also now say is spamming the forum, and in addition, almost ten times as many as the vast majority of members was not really supportive of your premise.....again, hardly an indicator of a boycott of any kind...just a fact.... :|
    And what pray-tell does what @COOLOCKER once said to you (no source quoted, just a random comment made somewhere) have to do with this thread?....Just more fodder for your misplaced and slightly paranoid belief that there is vast conspiracy against you here....I can assure, I have not discussed any concerted effort to target you here..... You pick and choose your battles as you see fit.....if you have alienated many with your sharp tongue and bossy attitude, that is on you, not me....You also have a long-standing and well-known habit of trying to draw others who have no involvement in an ongoing discussion.....such as mentioning Coolocker here...and David Roher in the describe yourself thread during our discussion there....you caught him off-guard with that I believe.... based on his reaction.... :* ...Who is doing all this bumping down?.....so if anyone makes posts that end up bumping your threads off the 1st index page, the only reason is to do so?....they are not just adding posts to threads that interest them during the time they are online and you are off, but specifically targeting your threads?.....laughable at best......everyones threads get bumped off there whenever they are not around and no one else is posting.....such as my personal thread you despise so much, not very many post responses there...lots of views, but few comments.....so it often gets bumped off the index page until I make another post......have never felt it was a coordinated and intentional plan being implemented....just that people wanted to post in other threads .....
    And now who is telling others how to behave?....lol...People need to stop spamming and let go of their egos...since that is all everyone else is doing, while you on the other hand are only contributing valuable material to the forum.... :* ....hardly a fact......just your opinion....

    I will finish with how you still think yakoub-yakoub bumping threads bothers me in some way....That subject was covered and closed in the "What makes you angry" thread......you just refuse to accept it and still think what you inferred was what I said....when I clearly showed that not to be true....but again, you are right and everyone else is wrong...even the post author.... :D

    You miss Scootz......I miss m4rt1n......but if he was here, we would not even be having this discussion..... :)

  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Growing Old DisgracefullyPosts: 10,890 Pool Forum Veteran
    edited November 2017
    @Sunidhifan

    I do hope I don't get told off for posting this in the "wrong" thread and section, but after reading your beautifully thought out, well researched and well prepared responses and rebuttals in here I wanted to dedicate this song to you :D ;) olu1natk5qrf.gif


    Post edited by Nanny Ogg on
  • creativehottycreativehotty rainy season atmPosts: 2,206 Pool Champion
    Nanny Ogg wrote: »
    @Sunidhifan

    I do hope I don't get told off for posting this in the "wrong" thread and section, but after reading your beautifully thought out, well researched and well prepared responses and rebuttals in here I wanted to dedicate this song to you :D ;) olu1natk5qrf.gif



    he just died yest :( :(
  • creativehottycreativehotty rainy season atmPosts: 2,206 Pool Champion
    *Aurora* wrote: »
    Sunidhifan wrote: »
    You miss Scootz......I miss m4rt1n......but if he was here, we would not even be having this discussion..... :)

    You know, it's all too long for me to read and digest, let alone reply. I have realized that it's not a big deal to me, what the changes will be, if there's any.

    Miniclip should in fact turn this forum into anything you, Nanny and anyone you agree with want it. You have so much passion for it. You'd go any lengths to get what you want.

    Martin should also return, but I would have thought, he had already suffered enough.

    if you dint read it, how come ur replying ? seems odd to me ... just sayin :o
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Growing Old DisgracefullyPosts: 10,890 Pool Forum Veteran
    Nanny Ogg wrote: »
    @Sunidhifan

    I do hope I don't get told off for posting this in the "wrong" thread and section, but after reading your beautifully thought out, well researched and well prepared responses and rebuttals in here I wanted to dedicate this song to you :D ;) olu1natk5qrf.gif



    he just died yest :( :(

    Awww how sad :'(
    I knew he was in hospital and had been suffering with dementia for some years, but that is sad news to hear. He was such a beautiful boy in his early career.
  • creativehottycreativehotty rainy season atmPosts: 2,206 Pool Champion
    Nanny Ogg wrote: »
    Nanny Ogg wrote: »
    @Sunidhifan

    I do hope I don't get told off for posting this in the "wrong" thread and section, but after reading your beautifully thought out, well researched and well prepared responses and rebuttals in here I wanted to dedicate this song to you :D ;) olu1natk5qrf.gif



    he just died yest :( :(

    Awww how sad :'(
    I knew he was in hospital and had been suffering with dementia for some years, but that is sad news to hear. He was such a beautiful boy in his early career.

    yest it was very sad, and he SURE was hehehe and ooh charles manson died too but who cares on that one eh :|
  • G11gamingG11gaming Rock out :BPosts: 4,555 Pool Champion
    Definitely as mentioned get the log-in issues ironed out, the page un-safe script thing resolved, make it a trusted site. Folk will feel more comfortable with the MC Pool Forum. Also create more links to the forum from say the mobile platform and those that are hosting your game on their site or sites. Oh and make it mobile friendly too, for example if you try to log in via your phone you can't , you have to tick a check box to enable it to go full site, okay i get that and many others do, but some don't and will just give up on it. So an easy access option to the MC Pool Forum is a must for forum growth , just my opinion ofc. B) :)
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Growing Old DisgracefullyPosts: 10,890 Pool Forum Veteran
  • G11gamingG11gaming Rock out :BPosts: 4,555 Pool Champion
    @George Sweeper @Raquel Oliveira this is what folk don't want to see.

    raejcpxvtbqn.jpg

    It doesn't look professional.imo.
  • G11gamingG11gaming Rock out :BPosts: 4,555 Pool Champion
    *Aurora* wrote: »
    What does that mean?

    Just the info i got from Chrome browser.
  • SunidhifanSunidhifan Earthbound....Posts: 6,412 Pool Forum VIP
    edited November 2017
    *Aurora* wrote: »
    Yes, but I don't understand how would someone trick another by modifying a pic they are looking at?

    Probably not a very applicable issue with this forum in particular....but on other sites that are more image based in their purpose, such as celebrity pictures sites, news sites, information research sites, et al, the same security issue could be far more applicable and damaging .....

    I believe the warning itself is kind of generic and shows up for any site that has a security coding issue.....something that started happening on the forum a few months back...and still exists to this day....I personally can never log into the forum at any time without having to "allow" unsecure site access.....it can be seen in a number of videos and images I uploaded in the past couple months and are in a few threads, but primarily in this thread:

    https://www.miniclip.com/social/8-ball-pool/forum/en/#/discussion/25404/is-www-miniclip-com-a-safe-and-secure-website

    I saw an official response from MiniClip that in their opinion, it is a non sequitur issue since they cannot replicate it at their facility, therefore it does not exist..... ;)

    But again, as I said above, probably not a very big issue here on the forum..... :*


    X5lbOom.gif
Sign In or Register to comment.

Who's Online10

10 Guests