Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
If you are not currently able to login via Facebook login, please right click on the Facebook icon and choose the option to "open in a new tab". Thank you for understanding
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

How would you grow the forum?

Comments

• G11gamingG11gaming Rock out :BPosts: 4,555 Pool Champion
    *Aurora* wrote: »
    Yes, but I don't understand how would someone trick another by modifying a pic they are looking at?

The interwebs is a complex affair. Unless you know what you are looking for. ;) glad i have IT on my side. :smiley: i'll pm you.
  • David RohrerDavid Rohrer Posts: 851 Pool Expert
    mine says secure, with lock icon, where yours has the "info" button G11. Chrome up to date?
  • SunidhifanSunidhifan Earthbound....Posts: 6,412 Pool Forum VIP
    edited November 2017
    mine says secure, with lock icon, where yours has the "info" button G11. Chrome up to date?

This has been going on for quite a while now.....I made a few videos to show it.... ;)

But I made this just now....using all three fully up to date browsers....in fact, lol..Firefox updates when I open it in this video...But as you can see, it is the only way I can get on the forum anymore.... @Nanny Ogg 's method of right clicking and @Zanna136 's method of clicking on any persons name both stopped working for me.....I HAVE to "allow unsafe script" on every browser, every time I sign in...... :s

It does not effect everyone.....no idea what the criteria is to be one so effected, but lucky me got chosen..... :D ...MiniClip cannot replicate the issue on their end, so the problem does not exist... :*

X5lbOom.gif
  • SilentR4ySilentR4y Machismo Town Posts: 2,460 Pool Champion
    How would you grow the forum?

I would put it on a sunny windowsill and pour water every other day.
  • David RohrerDavid Rohrer Posts: 851 Pool Expert
    I think MC sponsored Tournaments, organized and tracked through the forums, like the private ones we coordinate, could be way to bring more to the forum and initiate positive active participation over here. Several rooms where multiple tournament challenges can occur simultaneously and have neutral moderators "admin" the games in fair play. You could use the rules of higher tier PAID games, but without the coins cost for fun/sport play of tournaments here. That way the indirect 8ball shots, and foul shot rules are already in place and would automatically give the opponent the ball if you fouled. the only thing i (we) might like to add is that you do NOT move the cue after a foul. if it were not a scratch and is still on table it is shot from there or one ballspace away like real pool if it is totally blocked. if it is a scratch foul it is shot from the FOUL LINE. Just a thought. Anyone else like to see something like this occur over here? It would be fun i think.
  • *Cheetah Girl**Cheetah Girl* Queen Bee Posts: 4,493 Pool Champion
    edited December 2017
    Give multiple forum accounts to seasoned forum members. That should do it.

To order to grow the forum you need stop making accounts and let the new members to join the forum. The more the better. Please stop creating account @wafflewoman
    With growth comes proposals - do mc have anything they would like to suggest to improve the forum?
    edited January 4
    G11gaming wrote: »
    With growth comes proposals - do mc have anything they would like to suggest to improve the forum?

If they want to grow the forum , they would of done it by now. The reason is there isn't enough people on the forum to grow the forum. This is how it is going to be. A few people can't grow the forum . What can be do as members that we can tell our friends, family ,etc to come join the forum. There wouldn't be much proposal for few members on the forum. ;)

Edit , We can do our best only
    So, is it official then? They don't want to grow the forum.

It is not my saying . I am just a member like you . It is my opinion only.
    The forum wouldn't grow if the admins/mods visit it once in a blue moon

What does that have to do with anything. Only member could grow the forum . When did you see a mod or admin made a topic ? Only members like us only.
    The forum wouldn't grow if the admins/mods visit it once in a blue moon

It can grow with enough input from folk here and the admin putting across some ideas so we can discuss those ideas and come up with future possibilities for improvement/growth etc " never give up " on improving... :)
    Well, if nobody can't log in to forum or don't even know about its existence, it's hard to grow it.

That is my point and let me look for opinion that i gave a long time ago .
    Well, if nobody can't log in to forum or don't even know about its existence, it's hard to grow it.

This is very true and has been discussed i believe. Not fixable, right?
    A link from the mobile to the forum.

A like thumb up with counter. No names.

A Kudos system for those who help out.

A polling vote option.

A shout box.

More ranks as you post.

A massive array of different smilies.

I think they should more pop ups on the games, which games they choose, so they could come and join the forum. They should make the forum more noticeable so people come and join them. ;)

Found it @*Aurora*
    Opinions don't make this forum grow either. Actions are needed.

Very true. Look this is MC's Official forum that is not easily accessible, come on they have TV advertisements and folk can't log in to the forum. Something can and should be done about that. Maybe it's lack of funding for MC's pool game ( web ) i dunno.

Very true. Look this is MC's Official forum that is not easily accessible, come on they have TV advertisements and folk can't log in to the forum. Something can and should be done about that. Maybe it's lack of funding for MC's pool game ( web ) i dunno.

I think different @G11gaming . They already have so many people playing pool right ? I think the should go through the forum to go to pool in my opinion . If they have that many people playing pool and how come we can't get people to join the forum ?
    They've seen us and don't like what they see?

If they have or haven't . I do not know. Only for us we can do our best. If we can't change it and no one will change it for us. Do our best and hope for the best. Lets see what is going be done by October of this year. One year will be passed by October . :p

I think different @G11gaming . They already have so many people playing pool right ? I think the should go through the forum to go to pool in my opinion . If they have that many people playing pool and how come we can't get people to join the forum ?

You can't force a forum on people some like it some don't. But there should be a visible option open to all.
  • JJoeJJoe OLD PC/MOBILE Posts: 958 Pool Expert
    The Facebook supergroup seems to act as a forum, except for a different sort of community - in fact the sort of community that MC seems to favour atm (though maybe not on purpose, probably just as a result of making the mobile game work how it does)...you know the hacking, team players, no respect type....

As the old version is phased out, MC need to come up with a way for the game to keep it's good, friendly and relaxing atmosphere, as that's what a forum needs to keep a stable community. As part of that, MC need to devote a lot of time, and therefore money, in making sure the forum can act as a support system for members when they ask question that need a moderator/admin answer; if the general population of regular players know that if they have a query, they can go to the forum for a quick, no fuss response, then that will grow that side of the forum. Importantly, in turn this could serve as a first point of entry for these types of members to become part of the actual community, when they obviously talk to us.

Just my thought :)
  • COOLOCKERCOOLOCKER Secluder.Posts: 3,801 Pool Champion
    There is already some great ideas that have been put down in this thread. And if they where acted on, im sure it would go a long way to improving/growing the forum. All it takes to see how it works out is for the staff at miniclip to act upon them.

Asking for ideas, and then doing nothing about it seems to me like miniclip dont care, or they are working on something in the background. It would be nice though if a mod came on here and gave us an update.