Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

How would you grow the forum?

Comments

• Davy DacueDavy Dacue To He!! and Back.Posts: 2,543 Pool Champion
    Incorporate some incentive like another ring/cue or even table design (which needs reinventing)
    and link it to forum activity/membership on both the new PC version and mobile version.

Once they get the forum ring etc will they keep coming on here.
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Growing Old DisgracefullyPosts: 10,650 Pool Forum Veteran
    Sunidhifan wrote: »
    If none of my initial post was felt to be applicable....then my secondary way to grow the forum would be to find a nice spot with good loam soil, dig a 2.5" hole, place the forum in it and cover loosely....water thoroughly every day for a few days.....wait a while and see what pops up.... :)

Edit: I would probably sprinkle some Miracle Grow on the spot as well......that stuff works wonders..... :D

X5lbOom.gif

That would work actually but only if you buried a select few of the forum members along with it. Once these have gone the forum can blossom once again :D

Only problem with that of course is reincarnation. They make a habit of coming back from the dead which wouldn’t be so bad if they had caught up with the times!!

w8zgz5nds09j.jpg
  • UnEquiVocaL EnDUnEquiVocaL EnD Posts: 531 Pool Expert
    Davy Dacue wrote: »
    Incorporate some incentive like another ring/cue or even table design (which needs reinventing)
    and link it to forum activity/membership on both the new PC version and mobile version.

Once they get the forum ring etc will they keep coming on here.

Depends on how Miniclip manage it.
    First you need to attract the customer to the forum.
    Using maybe something like what I suggested as the incentive to join the forum.
    I known that the majority of players like to collect all the products Miniclip will offer and they will flock for any high stake reward to add to their collection.
    Then you need to supply an incentive to keep them visiting.

If you re inventing designing your pool table you could offer incentives that way.
    Or you could introduce teams/firms to play in monthly leader boards, where the forum is the focal point for joining.

• *Cheetah Girl**Cheetah Girl* Queen Bee Posts: 3,867 Pool Champion
    edited February 7
    My opinion will be some sort reward coin offer to come to the forum. Mostly like five hundred coins daily offer to just come to the forum? :smirk:
  • G11gamingG11gaming Rock out :BPosts: 4,555 Pool Champion
    My opinion will be some sort reward coin offer to come to the forum. Mostly like five hundred coins daily offer to just come to the forum? :smirk:

I used to get a 1000 coins daily by email for playing the mobile game, now i only get 200, what's all that about LOL
    edited February 7
    G11gaming wrote: »

I used to get a 1000 coins daily by email for playing the mobile game, now i only get 200, what's all that about LOL

I wasn't talking about the game . I was just talking about the forum. As you sign in to the forum daily . You get that five hundred coins ? <3 :#

I wasn't talking about the game . I was just talking about the forum. As you sign in to the forum daily . You get that five hundred coins ? <3 :#

Yeah i see what you mean ....i think the only flaw with that idea, is folk logging in and out all day to get the **** lol. :) :kissing_heart:

Yeah i see what you mean ....i think the only flaw with that idea, is folk logging in and out all day to get the **** lol. :) :kissing_heart:

Once a day will be good to get people in the forum

Once a day will be good to get people in the forum

Indeed, good idea. :*
  • COOLOCKERCOOLOCKER Secluder.Posts: 3,710 Pool Champion

Has been suggested already, or similar:
    COOLOCKER wrote: »

You could be a member here for 5 years, and not post much, or even visit the forum, but your still a member. I think you would have to tie in visits to the forum if anything, and it would have to be just a daily thing, and not the amount of times you visit daily. Folks could log on and off all day like i do thinking the more times they visit, the more they will get.

Although im not a fan of the coins etc, some are. So maybe break it down a little.

Visit the forum every day of the week, get some coins.

Visit the forum every day of the month, get some cash.

Has been suggested already, or similar:

You could be a member here for 5 years, and not post much, or even visit the forum, but your still a member. I think you would have to tie in visits to the forum if anything, and it would have to be just a daily thing, and not the amount of times you visit daily. Folks could log on and off all day like i do thinking the more times they visit, the more they will get.

Although im not a fan of the coins etc, some are. So maybe break it down a little.

Visit the forum every day of the week, get some coins.

Visit the forum every day of the month, get some cash.

Must not seen it until today. I just hope they consider it
    I would give out Green Shield Stamps daily . :D
    I would give out Green Shield Stamps daily . :D

Don't forget the tufty badges ... :D
    And we won't mention the oh golly on the jam jar.
    And we won't mention the oh golly on the jam jar.

Oh blimey yeah... :o :p :/ :D
    My opinion will be free pool games with friends in the new version .
    My opinion will be free pool games with friends in the new version .

Is that with free coins to bet with .
    Being at one with everyone and everything, and forgiving and forgetting, and just generally getting along, will aid forum growth in the long run imo. :D :) ;) :* <3 o:)
    Oh yes like one big happy family , never gonna happen . :*
    Oh yes like one big happy family , never gonna happen . :*

It can Davy .... and it will. :+1: <3