Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

Which Kind of Cues you are looking for in the future?

*SpIdEr*Ba!!*SpIdEr*Ba!! Posts: 21 Pool Player

Comments

• G11gamingG11gaming Contributor XDPosts: 2,832 Pool Champion
    Ones that win me plenty of games. ;)
  • *Aurora**Aurora* Join the N0V8MB8R League!Posts: 6,227 Pool Forum VIP
    How about levels where both have to use same cue regardless of what they own.
    *Aurora* wrote: »
    How about levels where both have to use same cue regardless of what they own.

A setting maybe that you can tick box to say - match opponent with same cue only - the matchmaker skips all legendary's, high powered cues etc.

Slightly off - topic, but meh.
  • *Cheetah Girl**Cheetah Girl* Queen Bee Posts: 613 Pool Expert

Magic cue. A cue that you can hit it anyway you like and it goes straight into the pocket. :p
  • Carl TalesCarl Tales Posts: 669 Pool Expert
    I've thought about this a few times and what i'd like to see is a 'build your own cue' So for example arguably the best cues on the market today are the Archon, King, Demon & Conqueror I base this on they all have 35/40 power. Archangel, Galaxy, dynamo, sniper and Valkyrie have 36/40. The new cue would come with 34/40 power points which can be assigned individually by its owner. Would be less powerful than the others but with it being customized would make it the best cue in the game
  • COOLOCKERCOOLOCKER Been there, done that.Posts: 2,445 Pool Champion
    The only thing i would be looking for is a longer line, and a bit of stopping power with the spin. Time is irrelevant to me as i usually see the shots well in advance. And the basic cue has enough power to get up and down the table anyways.

The longer line is because my eyesight isnt what it used to be, and i can sometimes miss the straightest shots thinking its lined up ok. And the stopping power (spin) just for control of the cue ball.
    COOLOCKER wrote: »
    The only thing i would be looking for is a longer line, and a bit of stopping power with the spin. Time is irrelevant to me as i usually see the shots well in advance. And the basic cue has enough power to get up and down the table anyways.

The longer line is because my eyesight isnt what it used to be, and i can sometimes miss the straightest shots thinking its lined up ok. And the stopping power (spin) just for control of the cue ball.

Hi Coolocker, Time is my least preferred attribute so I would max out the others and have minimum time extension however did you know the higher the tier the less time you get at each shot which decreases even faster after each shot. So in Mumbai for example making a clearance the last few shots you only get a few seconds and are often rushed when using a low power Time cue.
    Carl Tales wrote: »
    COOLOCKER wrote: »

Hi Coolocker, Time is my least preferred attribute so I would max out the others and have minimum time extension however did you know the higher the tier the less time you get at each shot which decreases even faster after each shot. So in Mumbai for example making a clearance the last few shots you only get a few seconds and are often rushed when using a low power Time cue.

I wasnt aware of that Carl, but i dont venture that high to notice , lol. Is it the same for PC (old version) as mobile? Im not into chasing leaderboards or leagues etc, and i know the higher tiers are riddled with some nefarious type players, lol. Either way, i am happy enough with it at the moment.
    I would guess the same. I first notice the big difference in time between shots when I play Paris with a new (ish) account with low power cue. Making a denial is much harder due to time.
    Carl Tales wrote: »
    I would guess the same. I first notice the big difference in time between shots when I play Paris with a new (ish) account with low power cue. Making a denial is much harder due to time.

Interesting Carl. As i say, ive never noticed it, and have actually never heard it said before. If it is Carl, then its a clever marketing ploy. Take away whatever power you have as you go up through the tiers, so that you have to upgrade to stay in the race, as it where.

Anyone else able to confirm if the time decreases when playing the much higher tiers on the old version of PC?
  • *SpIdEr*Ba!!*SpIdEr*Ba!! Posts: 21 Pool Player
    Agreed, the time is important, and if we can customize our cues that will be funny and great
  • hoss 53hoss 53 Posts: 9 Pool Player
    Real pool players don't need cues with guidelines.
  • David RohrerDavid Rohrer Posts: 412 Pool Pro
    hoss 53 wrote: »
    Real pool players don't need cues with guidelines.

Although i get what you're saying, REAL pool players play REAL pool and in 3d not a 2d screen. But i don't like the long guidelines either :wink:
  • Deimos666Deimos666 Posts: 464 Pool Pro
    Well they have the tiers with no guidlines, so just play there if that bothers you, it is an option at least. Combo shots are rather difficult without the guids, otherwise with a bit of time you don't really need them. I don't mind the guidlines, very few would get into playing this game if they never had them, as again it takes a good bit of time to get the hang of it without them.

As for the cues, I would love to go back to when all the cues were the same! This is not possible I know, but perhaps they could add a table where both players use the same cue, then it comes down to ball control and shot selection.
  • ObelObel Posts: 8 Pool Player
    Nice idea. Same cue at a certain table.
  • Slartibartfast6Slartibartfast6 Posts: 368 Pool Pro
    Pretty happy with all I have but I would give almost anything for an Alpaca fur lined case to carry em to & from the tables. Maybe with a faux rhino horned detachable thermos cup to sip some Folgers from in between turns. An Emu skinned shoulder strap would make the whole thing devastatingly intimidating to poser opponents
    Pretty happy with all I have but I would give almost anything for an Alpaca fur lined case to carry em to & from the tables. Maybe with a faux rhino horned detachable thermos cup to sip some Folgers from in between turns. An Emu skinned shoulder strap would make the whole thing devastatingly intimidating to poser opponents

lolling hard here Sir Slarti.... :smiley:
  • Unleash The FuryUnleash The Fury Posts: 443 Pool Pro
    The fur cue. And anyone who doesn't like it can go 'fur c' themselves

lol mind you don't get reported for a slight violation of the swear filter ...haha :# :)
  • Unleash The FuryUnleash The Fury Posts: 443 Pool Pro
    G11gaming wrote: »

lol mind you don't get reported for a slight violation of the swear filter ...haha :# :)

If the swear filter is anything like the cheat detection system, someone completely innocent will get punished and I'll remain untouched :)