Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

N0V8MB8R League for PC Players [Old version]

Comments

• David RohrerDavid Rohrer Posts: 781 Pool Expert
    i saw her on yesterday evening..... hmmm. i think Joe won but would be close after Talha's games. i was a close 2nd til his and my games when he packed his lunch and brought some Chestah Cheatahs :D and some hackaroni and cheese :D
  • طلحہ سجادطلحہ سجاد Posts: 1,226 Pool Champion
    i saw her on yesterday evening..... hmmm. i think Joe won but would be close after Talha's games. i was a close 2nd til his and my games when he packed his lunch and brought some Chestah Cheatahs :D and some hackaroni and cheese :D

LOL :D I couldn't play 1 game and the league winner is supposed to have highest points which is Joe in present case as he leads the points table by 26 points whereas I got 25.
    Had I not lost 1 frame against you, this league would've been ended in a draw *laughs* :D :joy:
    maybe you can open paint, and "draw" for us, how sad that makes you about that :D :D :D LOL
    edited December 2017
    You asked for it
    No, I can't :joy:
    Talha wrote: »
    You asked for it

can't? or shouldn't? LOL :D now i just think you're chicken hahaha :D
    edited December 2017
    You asked for it

can't? or shouldn't? LOL :D now i just think you're chicken hahaha :D
    Why did it take you so long to realize that? :D

EDIT: I am not at all sad. That was the reason I why couldn't I do what you said.
    Anybody seen Aurora? lol......
    edited December 2017
    If any one hasn't he can see here:
    arnx6e3mzw43.png
    If any one hasn't he can see here:
    arnx6e3mzw43.png

Hey look!! The Aurora Boring-All-Us (with waiting, lol :D )
  • Md Arshad KhanMd Arshad Khan Posts: 1 New Member
    bhai mere id me paise dalo
  • JJoeJJoe ___________________________________________________________________________________________________Posts: 541 Pool Expert

Please speak in English, as we're not all multilingual :) :D

If you want to join a tourney, look at "PC 8 ball league" thread by me, and definitely look at the recent proposal by Coolocker, "possible monthly tournament" :smile:
    joe. wrote: »

If you want to join a tourney, look at "PC 8 ball league" thread by me, and definitely look at the recent proposal by Coolocker, "possible monthly tournament" :smile:

He's asking for coins :D
    "bhai mere id me paise dalo "= "Bro, put coins in my ID/account"
  • *Aurora**Aurora* Sorry, I'm a lady...Posts: 6,666 Pool Forum VIP
    That is so funny! :D Any word that looks familiar there is "paise"... abscess in Finnish. :#
  • JJoeJJoe ___________________________________________________________________________________________________Posts: 541 Pool Expert
    joe. wrote: »

He's asking for coins :D
    "bhai mere id me paise dalo "= "Bro, put coins in my ID/account"

Ah I see :D :D thanks
  • G11gamingG11gaming Mr lover, lover. :)Posts: 3,828 Pool Champion
    I was wondering where to put this statement so i thought i'd put it here as we have a mix of pc and mobile players in this thread and i did not want to make a new thread regarding this , so here goes....

I have had 2 weeks off of the mobile gaming version of 8 Ball Pool. I've been concentrating on the old PC version - the original! and i've been loving it, it flows very nicely on a wider screen, and personally i think it is harder than the mobile , there is more distant pots, and more angles to contend with, i think the physics engine is much better than the mobile too, sorry to say @Carlos Tales and @VJGunners i do think that the PC version of pool is a lot harder than the mobile. :)

My summation; B)

Mobile is easier and more addictive due to the constant bells and whistles that MC keep introducing!!... it will have you coming back for more with their box's and upgrades and that sense of winning.

PC pool (old version ) is more oldskool and relaxed and a very friendly environment to be in, like at your local pool hall - respect and hand shakes and overall politeness . Where does the new version of 8 ball fit in!? I wonder as do so many others.... you can't force new into old. Or vice versa.
    G11gaming wrote: »

Mobile is easier and more addictive due to the constant bells and whistles that MC keep introducing!!... it will have you coming back for more with their box's and upgrades and that sense of winning.

I'll just reply to one of your points, as I don't think a debate of 'difficulty' is useful at all... :D

This point I definitely agree with, and in an ideal world, all the odd money-grabbing extras MC have added won't be a thing - and we'd all have simply an environment to pass time playing virtual pool - but I know that would never succeed in a commercial sense. So you can't blame MC too much.... ;)
  • Carlos TalesCarlos Tales Posts: 1,042 Pool Champion
    When I go on about which is harder I base it on something I feel you are overlooking. The game itself is as easy or as hard on either platform. Above average players will make denials above 70% most of the time.

It’s been discussed by PC players playing Mobile that it’s more difficult to make denials because there are more dry breaks on Mobile therefore harder to win as high % as it is on PC.

Also the tier system works better on mobile because if actually works unlike PC where your having to wait 10 mins to get a match. Therefore because the tier system works the better players are found in the highest tiers. PC platform good players are found on the lower tiers because of the problems with coin transferrs refreshing their browsers so it’s harder to know what level player your actually playing against.

So ok let’s debate it G11. How many Seoul mumbai or Berlin games have you played on Mobile? If not many then I fail to see justification in any of your points. A game is easy if you can win easily. Playing low tier mobile games winning a high % doesn’t make it easy. So my challenge to you G11 is play 10 Seoul 10 mumbai and 10 Berlin games and see how many you can win. You can use your alt account called Sonic ;) ;) to give it a go if your up for the challenge?
  • *Aurora**Aurora* Sorry, I'm a lady...Posts: 6,666 Pool Forum VIP
    My claim is that it is generally easier for mobile players to switch the platform and play better on PC than vice versa.

I like mouse controlled games in general and using PC rather than mobile for anything. This is same for many other older people. They will not be that good with changing the device as mobile users, whom I think are (often) younger and overall more adapting to different devices.

We can't easily compare the platforms by playing random opponents on both because of what Carl says, finding opponents of similar level is not the same.

I could play mobile if I wanted to, I have a mobile phone and a tablet available, but I have very little experience of the mobile version simply because it's not operated by mouse. If I could dedicate time to explore how well I could advance in a mobile game, I would do it, but currently have no desire for it.

The old PC version made me desperate because I was struggling to keep any coins on my account. I could never play higher tiers on it. Fortunately for me I got enthusiastic over the rings they have on new PC version and there I was able to level up easier. Just because the game had easier opponents, who hadn't played as much as the average old version players. Also there are many high-level coin transferrers who quit after not matching with the account they were looking for and made me richer.

Also, even though I can play sometimes better than an average random player, I'm still not as skilled as the best players here. It would be too stressful for me if I tried to beat every opponent I have with the best performance I can do, so for comparing which version is the best it would take more competitive or dedicated players to examine it.
  • Carlos TalesCarlos Tales Posts: 1,042 Pool Champion
    It’s just like chess being played on 2 different but similar boards. It’s not how easy or hard chess as a game is to play on either of the boards it’s how good your opponent is that will determine how difficult or easy the game/match is.

If on either pool platform an average player is up against a really good player who achieves a high % of denials the average player will most likely lose in a RT10 9/10 times. That average player may then say the game is difficult. The good player will be think the game is easy.

It’s not the game that’s easy or hard it’s determined on the skill level of your opponent.

Thats why I challenged G11 to play the highest tiers on mobile to see if he still then thinks Mobile is easy.

Hyperthetically if he was to only win 45% or less of those games then it’s safe to say he had found playing Mobile difficult but if he wins above 65% then It was far easier.

Just the same with anything. Anything is easy when your good at it. If your not good then you’ll find it hard.
    That's how i leveled up so quick too Aurora. When new V first came out i went ring hunting and in turn as i earned ring for each tier and advanced to next i was mega millionaire and then multibillionaire (and lost it all, more than once :D ). I actually got a warning, first and only time EVER, and it was about coins and i'm pretty sure about transfering. I have searched, thinking surely i screenshotted that because i REMEMBER being angry of being accused falsely and wanted to bring it to someone's attention but i can't find it. Anyway, did NOTHING nefarious, just did exactly like you said and went from like level 69 to over 100 in 3 or 4 days time, lol. Some of those upper tiers you level up every 1 or 2 games from lower level rank. There's a LOT that's "inviting" in the n ew one, and HONESTLY, i STARTED this game, ON the mobile but it was my own stubbornness and desire to figure out HOW can i play this with a MOUSE? that got me on fb version, then miniclip and eventually to the forum.

Everyone's going to have their opinion on which is better, which is harder, which takes more skill, etc. All that really matters is are you getting the ENJOYMENT out of whatever version/platform you are playing? The friendly competition in tournaments here is awesome because it's not "random" people (or as random as folks you DON'T interact with in a forum), but as i've stated before i'm here for the fun and good games. For me, that is on PC, in my comfortable chair, with a 42" 3D HDTV, a laser gaming mouse, and tunes rocking out on 7.1 surround with two happy pups at my feet. Bliss :wink: