Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

Beginner :(

Polo48882aPolo48882a Posts: 2 New Member
I'm beginner in this 8 ball pool game and watch a few youtubers play and they actually choosing and using the perfect cue for his style, as beginner which cue i should use?! Let's say i got 3k which one should i pick?!.

Comments

• Dalton ModeratorDalton Moderator Forum Moderator Los Angeles, CAPosts: 6,902 mod
    Hi @Polo48882a,

Welcome to the forum! As a beginner player, I would suggest trying to master the standard cue first. After, consider which attributes seem most appealing to you, i.e. force, aim, spin, time. For an immediate change, the classic cue and the oak cue are nice upgrades from the standard cue. :)

Best of luck, and happy gaming!
    Dalton
  • joe.joe. Posts: 234 Pool Pro
    Buy the "standard" cue as soon as you can, you may be able to now? Cue doesn't matter too much once you have at least the standard cue. Good luck...
  • David RohrerDavid Rohrer Posts: 595 Pool Pro
    edited December 2
    Hi @Polo48882a,

Welcome to the forum! As a beginner player, I would suggest trying to master the standard cue first. After, consider which attributes seem most appealing to you, i.e. force, aim, spin, time. For an immediate change, the classic cue and the oak cue are nice upgrades from the standard cue. :)

Best of luck, and happy gaming!
    Dalton

I used the Classic cue up into rank 80's or 90's it's a VERY nice cue for having just basic, or "average powers". Much agreed
  • CorbyCorby Posts: 398 Pool Pro
    I use the Titanium cue.
    120 coin recharge and it gets the job done.
  • COOLOCKERCOOLOCKER Been there, done that.Posts: 2,638 Pool Champion
    In my opinion, It all depends on what cash/coins you have to be honest, as the game is set up so that you have to either spend or use the winnings you have gathered in the game, and on your own skill set. If you have some knowledge of the game IRL, then you should be able to see how the game plays out as to real life here. Dont get me wrong, as there are plenty of players who use the standard cue (without spending real money on the game), and who win most of the time using that cue. But having that option of a more powerful cue does work, myself included. But also bare in mind i have never spent a single dime on the game either.

So im going to give you my perspective on someone who hasnt spent anything on the game. As a player who hasnt spent anything on the game, i see players who come on all the time saying they spent a bundle of real life money, only to be fooled by the system that this game throws up all the time. I then sit there thinking why on earth do these people do this, when i know for a fact that the game is designed to get as much money out of you as possible?

If you really wany to buy a cue as a starter in the game, then i can only recommend the country cue. Its a stable cue that that will lead you into a more knowledge based game, and one that you can work from to build up the confidence to see what you really want in the future.
  • thirteenfive2kthirteenfive2k Posts: 2 New Member
    The GunMan cue is a good choice. It costs 1750 coins and recharging take 175 coins.
  • cidercodercidercoder Posts: 912 Pool Expert
    edited December 3
    Just get the Standard Cue. If you get good with that you should be able to beat most people no matter what cue they are using. Remember, it's not the cue, it's the skill and the guile of the player using the cue !
  • CorbyCorby Posts: 398 Pool Pro
    cidercoder wrote: »
    Just get the Standard Cue. If you get good with that you should be able to beat most people no matter what cue they are using. Remember, it's not the cue, it's the skill and the guile of the player using the cue !

True
  • David RohrerDavid Rohrer Posts: 595 Pool Pro
    no doubt. there's days where i could have the best cue in the game and i'm just "not on it" with my game or just having a stroke of that fun luck you sometimes get in there. Nothing seems to go right no matter what power your cue has. It could have the holy patron of poolshot Saint's blessing on it and the game or myself would find a way to dork it up :D but when you're on it, and confident in it, and are not only doing the power right but the "leave" for the next shot or sequential shots, you could be using a broom stick and win :wink: