Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

Why bother team playing?

2»

Comments

• COOLOCKERCOOLOCKER Been there, done that.Posts: 2,624 Pool Champion
    edited December 5
    Carl Tales wrote: »
    but they are not competing against us.

The problem is that most folks (not me, im not interested) will try and win the leagues by playing their own game/accounts. So i would have to disagree with that statement above. Team playing deprives these folks of a chance of winning any leagues fairly. So fairness is right out the window on this one, and therefore team playing is cheating.

I know you dont agree with it (team playing) either Carl.
  • Carl TalesCarl Tales Posts: 705 Pool Expert
    Yes I agree and all local leagues are linked to the higher leagues so players only interested in competing in their local league may be up against a team competing for the world league. MC can sort this out but chose not too even though it gets brought up time and time again.

The last world league was won by Raquel, Dalton, George and Alisia :joy:
  • TalhaTalha Posts: 663 Pool Expert

Eh? Where's Big Rob? lol
  • creativehottycreativehotty THE GREAT WHITE NORTHPosts: 1,617 Pool Champion
    Talha wrote: »

Eh? Where's Big Rob? lol

GOOD QUESTION !!!! :D
  • joe.joe. Posts: 221 Pool Pro
    Not really sure why me using the word 'Prestige' has caused so much fuss. LOL I answered the OP question and like it or not there is prestige in winning the league for these team players. Most of us on here (Me included) don't have the widespread respect and admiration for these team players but they are not competing against us. They compete against other teams and to prove their team is the best they all want to win the league.

@joe. Here you go, Give this a try if you'd like to compare your ability. - https://www.miniclip.com/social/8-ball-pool/forum/en/#/discussion/25632/denial-challenge/p1

The fuss came because you didn't give OP a full answer, and others then commented expanding on your answer - you explained the 'prestige', which then others let the OP know this prestige is superficial and would be a waste of his time to become too investing in this 'prestige'.

And aha thanks, I'll have to have a go at that challenge.

Anyway, if you ever fancy a race to 10 @Carl Tales, I'll be up for it...only play PC old version though :smile:
  • Carl TalesCarl Tales Posts: 705 Pool Expert
    edited December 5
    My answer was full and accurate. It was also based on the opinion of someone who’s won the world league 5 times. I was just happy to share their reasons for playing in teams with the Forum.

Happy to show any doubters proof through pm.

Sorry can’t take you up on your offer. I only play Mobile.
2»