Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
If you are not currently able to login via Facebook login, please right click on the Facebook icon and choose the option to "open in a new tab". Thank you for understanding
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

Why bother team playing?

2»

Comments

  • COOLOCKERCOOLOCKER Secluder.Posts: 3,801 Pool Champion
    edited December 2017
    Carl Tales wrote: »
    but they are not competing against us.

    The problem is that most folks (not me, im not interested) will try and win the leagues by playing their own game/accounts. So i would have to disagree with that statement above. Team playing deprives these folks of a chance of winning any leagues fairly. So fairness is right out the window on this one, and therefore team playing is cheating.

    I know you dont agree with it (team playing) either Carl.
  • Carlos TalesCarlos Tales Posts: 1,477 Pool Champion
    Yes I agree and all local leagues are linked to the higher leagues so players only interested in competing in their local league may be up against a team competing for the world league. MC can sort this out but chose not too even though it gets brought up time and time again.

    The last world league was won by Raquel, Dalton, George and Alisia :joy:
  • creativehottycreativehotty rainy season atmPosts: 2,206 Pool Champion
    Talha wrote: »
    Carl Tales wrote: »

    The last world league was won by Raquel, Dalton, George and Alisia :joy:

    Eh? Where's Big Rob? lol

    GOOD QUESTION !!!! :D
  • JJoeJJoe OLD PC/MOBILE Posts: 958 Pool Expert
    Carl Tales wrote: »
    Not really sure why me using the word 'Prestige' has caused so much fuss. LOL I answered the OP question and like it or not there is prestige in winning the league for these team players. Most of us on here (Me included) don't have the widespread respect and admiration for these team players but they are not competing against us. They compete against other teams and to prove their team is the best they all want to win the league.

    @joe. Here you go, Give this a try if you'd like to compare your ability. - https://www.miniclip.com/social/8-ball-pool/forum/en/#/discussion/25632/denial-challenge/p1

    The fuss came because you didn't give OP a full answer, and others then commented expanding on your answer - you explained the 'prestige', which then others let the OP know this prestige is superficial and would be a waste of his time to become too investing in this 'prestige'.

    And aha thanks, I'll have to have a go at that challenge.

    Anyway, if you ever fancy a race to 10 @Carl Tales, I'll be up for it...only play PC old version though :smile:
  • Carlos TalesCarlos Tales Posts: 1,477 Pool Champion
    edited December 2017
    My answer was full and accurate. It was also based on the opinion of someone who’s won the world league 5 times. I was just happy to share their reasons for playing in teams with the Forum.

    Happy to show any doubters proof through pm.

    Sorry can’t take you up on your offer. I only play Mobile.
  • yakoubyakoubyakoubyakoub Posts: 805 Pool Expert
    I’m new to this forum so Hi all.
    After catching up and reading through threads. It seems that many users are actually team players. Why bother? It’s not like real money is involved.
    Or am I missing something?

    im in a lot of 8bp facebook groups. and i believe most do not know that team playing is against MC's rules. so they try to top their country but fail to by them selves so they get help from some of their friends. but some actually pay people money to keep playing on their account on 24/7. i honestly do not know why. trying to be the highest level in the Game is the only reason i can think of, which is ( in my opinion ) the dumbest thing you can ever do. losing your hard earned money paying some 12 year olds to play on your account. lol
  • ATG8ballpoolATG8ballpool Posts: 473 Pool Pro
    Nanny Ogg wrote: »
    Carl Tales wrote: »
    Not really sure why me using the word 'Prestige' has caused so much fuss. LOL I answered the OP question and like it or not there is prestige in winning the league for these team players. Most of us on here (Me included) don't have the widespread respect and admiration for these team players but they are not competing against us. They compete against other teams and to prove their team is the best they all want to win the league.

    @joe. Here you go, Give this a try if you'd like to compare your ability. - https://www.miniclip.com/social/8-ball-pool/forum/en/#/discussion/25632/denial-challenge/p1

    It might have something to do with the fact that every time you say you don't agree with their tactics you end the sentence with some sort of caveat.....

    You "understand" where they are coming from.
    They are playing "fairly" against each other.
    Or as you say by cheating.
    Widespread respect and admiration.


    There's no grey area here, either they are cheating or they are not.
    There is no "understanding", unless that includes condoning cheating due to circumstances.
    Cheating is cheating whatever the circumstances.
    They are not playing in isolation from the rest of the 8ball world, therefore just because they are playing each other does not mean they are playing "fairly".
    They are cheating, regardless of whatever I, or anyone else says, it's an undeniable fact.
    No excuses.
    None.
    As far as I am aware there is no "widespread respect and admiration" for these barrel scrapings.
    Maybe amongst other cheats there may be, but the opinions of cheats are worth less than dirt on the bottom of my shoe.

    Making excuses for cheats, condoning their practices because "everyone else is doing it" is just the thin end of a very dangerous wedge whereby over time less principled people may come to accept that wrong is right, that black is white, that 2 + 2 = 5, and I, for one, am not going to stand for it.




    But the sad part of the story is their are more cheats than genuine players and miniclip remain as a mute spectator. ..Miniclip knows everything about such team players but don't take any action in a way they are encouraging players to practice such unfair means
  • (Silver Surfer)(Silver Surfer) Posts: 229 Pool Pro
    This guy i think has been reported a number of times and nothing is done.
    qeq8mpuk609f.png

2»
Sign In or Register to comment.

Who's Online15

*Cheetah Girl*
*Cheetah Girl*
Salman Yousuf
Salman Yousuf
UnEquiVocaL EnD
UnEquiVocaL EnD
+12 Guests