Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

Why do they leave?

Moe W.Moe W. Posts: 146 Pool Pro
A lot of time while i am playing and about to win, the opponent leave so fast before i hit the black ball.

Why he/she needs to leave so fast ?

I really hate this.

Comments

• Nanny OggNanny Ogg Bah Humbug !Posts: 9,608 Pool Forum VIP
    If I win the first game I will offer my opponent the chance to play again.

But if my opponent wins the first game I will leave the way you describe... for the simple reason that something like 49 out of every 50 opponents that beat me in the first game will not offer me a second game so I'll be dammed if I will give them the satisfaction of leaving me hanging.

I refuse to go begging for another chance, not in any sphere of life.

Don't blame your opponents, blame Miniclip for introducing the leagues that actively discourage coin chasers from playing more than 1 game per opponent.
  • Moe W.Moe W. Posts: 146 Pool Pro
    Well, if your opponent won the first game, then easy hit the "Back to menu".

But leaving the game before your opponent hit the black ball, actually i call this disrespect.

Put yourself in this position. When you are about to hit the black and your opponent left , how do you feel? you feel like oh he/she is not respecting the game to be finished.

Something not nice to do , i am talking in general :D not pointing at you LOL
  • CorbyCorby Posts: 398 Pool Pro
    I've had my opponent leave while the black ball that i shot is on It's way to miss.
    Corby wrote: »
    I've had my opponent leave while the black ball that i shot is on It's way to miss.

Lol well, you are lucky then hehe
    edited December 4
    Corby wrote: »

I leave only if I'm 100% certain in my mind that my oppo is not going to miss, based on the skills he has shown on the preceeding 7 balls.
    Moe W. wrote: »
    Well, if your opponent won the first game, then easy hit the "Back to menu".

But leaving the game before your opponent hit the black ball, actually i call this disrespect.

Put yourself in this position. When you are about to hit the black and your opponent left , how do you feel? you feel like oh he/she is not respecting the game to be finished.

Something not nice to do , i am talking in general :D not pointing at you LOL

Actually, no I don't feel disrespected, I just feel grateful for the win.
    I've got their coins and their surrender, what's not to like about that ?
    In fact someone has just done it to me right now, and all I feel is satisfaction at the fact that I outplayed them LOL
    hahahaha
  • The_Hurricane75The_Hurricane75 Posts: 11 Pool Player
    I have no problem with this. It’s just a satisfying as potting the black ball. Your opponent knows that they are beat so concedes.
  • joe.joe. Posts: 234 Pool Pro
    To be honest, I absolutely hate it when people do this, very annoying...Tho must be worse for them as they have to wait for page to reload etc, instead of just clicking on menu
  • Ryan CawdorRyan Cawdor Posts: 283 Pool Pro
    A lot of time while i am playing and about to win, the opponent leave so fast before i hit the black ball.

I really hate this.

I do it because I'm usually irritated about losing. In fact, I just did it twice in the last 5 minutes. One of those games I was playing a level 170, table was wide open, and I got hooked. While I made the kick, the ball didn't go into a pocket, and he had any shot to choose on the table. That irritated me so I left. The chance of him winning was about 99%.
  • Ryan CawdorRyan Cawdor Posts: 283 Pool Pro

I really hate this.

I do it because I'm usually irritated about losing. In fact, I just did it twice in the last 5 minutes. One of those games I was playing a level 170, table was wide open, and I got hooked. While I made the kick, the ball didn't go into a pocket, and he had any shot to choose on the table. That irritated me so I left. The chance of him winning was about 99%.

Just did it again twice since I wrote that post. Level 90 made 3 balls on the break, balls all scattered everywhere. No point in continuing. While there is a chance he could screw up, probably not likely. The other game I scratched on the break against a level 100+ player, so I left.
  • SunidhifanSunidhifan Earthbound....Posts: 5,313 Pool Forum VIP
    edited December 5
    People have lots of different reasons for leaving early in a game..... :*

I always just presume a fire broke out in their kitchen and they had to go......and move on to the next game.....That way, it never even crosses my mind in regards to respect ..... ;)

X5lbOom.gif
  • ZogggZoggg Posts: 944 Pool Expert
    You should never leave a game, it is amazing how many players stuff up a really easy chance to win a game.
    edited December 5
    @Sunidhifan @Nanny Ogg @Zoggg @Ryan Cawdor @joe. @The_Hurricane75 @Corby

But honestly,

Sometimes i like this kind of Leaves

LOL! Lol! Lol! LOL!

xy185dsubknk.png
  • creativehottycreativehotty THE GREAT WHITE NORTHPosts: 1,617 Pool Champion
    Sunidhifan wrote: »
    People have lots of different reasons for leaving early in a game..... :*

I always just presume a fire broke out in their kitchen and they had to go......and move on to the next game.....That way, it never even crosses my mind in regards to respect ..... ;)

X5lbOom.gif

ROFL !!! ive thought that b4, or ofc screaming kids would be a close second lol

But honestly,

LOL! Lol! Lol! LOL!

xy185dsubknk.png

LOL Moe, 5m for free ! You're so lucky LOL
    Nanny Ogg wrote: »

But honestly,

LOL! Lol! Lol! LOL!

xy185dsubknk.png

Actually, Usually i am playing all the time on Tokyo , So let me tell you what happened before i win the 5m.

I was playing Tokyo, i lose, then i get a little angry, so i decided to play Las vegas so i will have 10k, I played and i lose , i became more angry and decided to play the Jakarta :/ so in hope to win 50k LOL , okay i lose jakarta , i get more and more angry i decided to play the Toronto "No guide Line" and i lose .. SO NOW I AM NERVOUS. I Said i will play on "PARIS CHATEAU" and if i lose i will close the game and sleep :/

Game started with a pakistani who transfering coins, so he noticed that the 2 browsers he opened did not match and he left making me win 2.5m for free :p aaaaah now i am so happy , no more angry LOL ..

But honestly,

LOL! Lol! Lol! LOL!

xy185dsubknk.png

Actually, Usually i am playing all the time on Tokyo , So let me tell you what happened before i win the 5m.

I was playing Tokyo, i lose, then i get a little angry, so i decided to play Las vegas so i will have 10k, I played and i lose , i became more angry and decided to play the Jakarta :/ so in hope to win 50k LOL , okay i lose jakarta , i get more and more angry i decided to play the Toronto "No guide Line" and i lose .. SO NOW I AM NERVOUS. I Said i will play on "PARIS CHATEAU" and if i lose i will close the game and sleep :/

Game started with a pakistani who transfering coins, so he noticed that the 2 browsers he opened did not match and he left making me win 2.5m for free :p aaaaah now i am so happy , no more angry LOL ..

Hahaha what a lovely story ! I have done the same when I get angry at losing too, but I always stopped at Jakarta LOL

But honestly,

LOL! Lol! Lol! LOL!

xy185dsubknk.png

Hahaha what a lovely story ! I have done the same when I get angry at losing too, but I always stopped at Jakarta LOL

Lol this kind of leaves, happened with me 5 times in a row when i tried to play Mombai "30m" and the 5 times they left like that and hOOOOp all the millions for Moe ;p
  • David RohrerDavid Rohrer Posts: 595 Pool Pro
    when i was ring hunting the last 4 upper tiers or so are full of those. i was like WOOHOOOO free $$$$ :D of course then i lost it all at Berlin trying to get that ring :tongue: :tired_face: :D