Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

Can't connect to opponents or friends

leon316leon316 Posts: 4 New Member
I can't connect to challenged friends, or other opponents. It just keeps scrolling though opponents, without stopping/finding someone to play against; challenging friends & they accept, but nothing happens, just keep scrolling... was working fine until the newest update.. Any ideas?? :(

Comments

• leon316leon316 Posts: 4 New Member
    Uhh... how do I change my username?? I don't know what this is about??
  • SunidhifanSunidhifan Earthbound....Posts: 5,637 Pool Forum VIP
    edited December 2017
    Hello and welcome to the forum...... :)

The best suggestion I can make is to clear your cache and cookies...then do a sure you refresh, and if you can talk with your friends you are trying to play, make sure they refresh as well.....
    The next thing to try would be to use a different browser....some of them have issues with the game in different locales.... ;)

As to changing your user name, there are only two legitimate ways I know of.....

1. Link your account with Facebook and use your FB profile name....personally, I do not recommend that one though......IMO, FB causes more issues than it is worth..... :*
    2. Submit a request to the Help Center explaining all the reasons you want to change it....they will sometimes allow it with a valid enough reason.... :|

You can also try and see if the new admin, @Mónica Garden might be able to help......as per this thread:

https://www.miniclip.com/social/8-ball-pool/forum/en/#/discussion/27509/new-forum-administrator-please-welcome-monica-to-our-team

But I would strongly suggest you submit a request with the Help Center first at the link below.....the admins here cannot initiate any account specific actions.... they need a ticket number from the Help Center before they can escalate an issue.... ;)

https://support.miniclip.com/hc/en-us

Good Luck with it.. :) ..I know I would go crazy with such an issue.... :s

X5lbOom.gif

I didn't pick my username here, so I don't get that, & i don't see a way to change it. Miniclip pool & app are having trouble connecting to opponents & friends both. since the app update. ok thanks. miniclip needs some changes, it looks like :/
  • G11gamingG11gaming Contributor XDPosts: 3,440 Pool Champion
    leon316 wrote: »
    I can't connect to challenged friends, or other opponents. It just keeps scrolling though opponents, without stopping/finding someone to play against; challenging friends & they accept, but nothing happens, just keep scrolling... was working fine until the newest update.. Any ideas?? :(

Do you play in the new PC version ? - if so some of the tiers are not populated, and that would explain the constant spinning and searching for opponents/friends.

If you play on mobile you will have no trouble at all, unless you are trying to connect to your friends that are offline?
    No, mobile version. My friends (also mobile) are trying to challenge each other, & it's only working about 1 time out of 10 tries; I have been trying to play other tiers, & it just keeps scrolling through opponent avatars, without stopping. This has been since this recent iOS app update. I haven't tried online yet, as I have been busy working.
  • G11gamingG11gaming Contributor XDPosts: 3,440 Pool Champion
    leon316 wrote: »
    No, mobile version. My friends (also mobile) are trying to challenge each other, & it's only working about 1 time out of 10 tries; I have been trying to play other tiers, & it just keeps scrolling through opponent avatars, without stopping. This has been since this recent iOS app update. I haven't tried online yet, as I have been busy working.

Have a read here https://www.miniclip.com/social/8-ball-pool/forum/en/#/discussion/1028/how-to-contact-customer-support/p1

• AlisaNTonikAlisaNTonik Forum Moderator BiHPosts: 1,659 mod
    Hello @leon316 and welcome to the Forum,

There's a bug that appears while trying to invite/play a friend. The responsible team is already aware of and working to fix it as soon as possible.
  • David RohrerDavid Rohrer Posts: 709 Pool Expert
    Hello @leon316 and welcome to the Forum,

There's a bug that appears while trying to invite/play a friend. The responsible team is already aware of and working to fix it as soon as possible.

Coolness. Not sure if related but you might mention that in new version, i have added two people as friends (one Joe, from forum here for tournament, other a friend for many years) and it doesn't seem to retain them in the list in new version after adding them. Also, when i went to search him again, although his unique id came up first time no problem, he missed the challenge and wanted me to challenge again and system couldn't find his unique id to save our souls........both had to refresh game and then search found him again but again, didn't retain him in list after adding and playing. Thanks in advance.