Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

PC 8 Ball League

joe.joe. Posts: 410 Pool Pro
edited December 2017 in Community
https://scheduler.leaguelobster.com/317871/8-ball-pool-pc-league/1/
Copy - Refer to this link here for fixtures!
Unfortunately, I can't input scores as soon as each game is played because of the awkward league generator, but will still keep track, no problem :smile:

Rules are simple:
  • On each fixture week, the games can be played on any day, any time, and we should aim to keep all fixtures within the week its on. Exceptions will obviously be made if people are simply too busy that week, though
  • Matches are best of 19, first to 10.
  • Timer whilst playing should be ignored. If a player runs out of time, just pass it back to them with a tap of the cue-ball.
  • Flukes not allowed. No penalty for a fluke though, but if a fluke was the only pot, the player should just tap the cue-ball, giving the opponent the shot. The opponent will not have ball in hand after this, importantly.
  • Relating to flukes, if a player is playing an indirect shot, they must nominate the intended pocket.

@aurora
@The Titan!
@G11gaming
@Unleash The Fury
@David Rohrer
@coco29
@The-Indian

Hope you all enjoy this forum league!! :) ;)

Comments

• joe.joe. Posts: 410 Pool Pro
    When do you want to play @coco29 ? :smile:
  • The-IndianThe-Indian Posts: 1,938 Pool Champion
    edited December 2017
    I am ready to play right now.

@joe. And what about cue?
    The-Indian wrote: »
    I am ready to play right now.

@joe. And what about cue?

All cues are fine!
  • David RohrerDavid Rohrer Posts: 705 Pool Expert
    edited December 2017
    joe. wrote: »
    Unfortunately, I can't input scores as soon as each game is played because of the awkward league generator, but will still keep track, no problem :smile:

Rules are simple:
    **they are simple but need some clarification**
    [*] On each fixture week, the games can be played on any day, any time, and we should aim to keep all fixtures within the week its on. Exceptions will obviously be made if people are simply too busy that week, though I assume "fixture" is our "matches" to 10? and you never said which version in these rules. I assume also, it is old V or are we trying to push the new? I'm fine with either version,
    for the record.

[*] Matches are best of 19, first to 10.
    [*] Timer whilst playing should be ignored. If a player runs out of time, just pass it back to them with a tap of the cue-ball.
    [*] Flukes not allowed. No penalty for a fluke though, but if a fluke was the only pot, the player should just tap the cue-ball, giving the opponent the shot. The opponent will not have ball in hand after this, importantly. i can see where both ends of this rule could "cause static" but we'll see how it goes :smile:
    [*] Relating to flukes, if a player is playing an indirect shot, they must nominate the intended pocket.
    other than pointing to the ball you intend to pot and then the pocket you plan to indirectly shoot it to, how do we intend to communicate these intentions? and what if the person was reaching for their drink and didn't see me "designate" the pocket? just curious and trying to point out where that could cause some issue.

@aurora
    @The Titan!
    @G11gaming
    @Unleash The Fury
    @David Rohrer
    @coco29
    @The-Indian

Rules are simple:
    **they are simple but need some clarification**
    [*] On each fixture week, the games can be played on any day, any time, and we should aim to keep all fixtures within the week its on. Exceptions will obviously be made if people are simply too busy that week, though I assume "fixture" is our "matches" to 10? and you never said which version in these rules. I assume also, it is old V or are we trying to push the new? I'm fine with either version,
    for the record.

[*] Matches are best of 19, first to 10.
    [*] Timer whilst playing should be ignored. If a player runs out of time, just pass it back to them with a tap of the cue-ball.
    [*] Flukes not allowed. No penalty for a fluke though, but if a fluke was the only pot, the player should just tap the cue-ball, giving the opponent the shot. The opponent will not have ball in hand after this, importantly. i can see where both ends of this rule could "cause static" but we'll see how it goes :smile:
    [*] Relating to flukes, if a player is playing an indirect shot, they must nominate the intended pocket.
    other than pointing to the ball you intend to pot and then the pocket you plan to indirectly shoot it to, how do we intend to communicate these intentions? and what if the person was reaching for their drink and didn't see me "designate" the pocket? just curious and trying to point out where that could cause some issue.

@aurora
    @The Titan!
    @G11gaming
    @Unleash The Fury
    @David Rohrer
    @coco29
    @The-Indian

Yeah its ideally the old version, though if we can't find each other again it might have to be new version for just our game :D

Yeah, it's the matches for each week.

What do you mean by 'cause static' sorry? The purpose of this rule is simply the same as the reason in games above Tokyo tier are call shot, to eliminate flukes. Just my attempt to replicate that in a friendly game.

And yeah, only way is by pointing. This rule isn't really completely watertight for sure, but it will help reduce 'luck'.

Thanks for questions as I did forget to clarify all that originally :smile:
    No probs Joe and thanks for answering. "cause static" means some might take issue with both. i see where you're coming from and as along as all understand it initially and agree and comply it might all work out. I'm ready to challenge or be challenged but i have to load old V. gimme about 3min. need drink refill too :D
    No probs Joe and thanks for answering. "cause static" means some might take issue with both. i see where you're coming from and as along as all understand it initially and agree and comply it might all work out. I'm ready to challenge or be challenged but i have to load old V. gimme about 3min. need drink refill too :D

I see, hopefully no static is caused ;)
    one last thing, since my name is "David" in old version, i need to know is everyone on that list, listed exactly as their game name is in old version? Otherwise finding/adding to do "fixtures" is going to be fun....... :D
    one last thing, since my name is "David" in old version, i need to know is everyone on that list, listed exactly as their game name is in old version? Otherwise finding/adding to do "fixtures" is going to be fun....... :D

Yeah sure you're opponent will tell you, if you can even find each other that is... :D
    edited December 2017
    So, where's my opponent?
  • G11gamingG11gaming Contributor XDPosts: 3,393 Pool Champion
    So, where's my opponent?

I'll play you in half hour?
    So, where's my opponent?

You're supposed to be playing @aurora, but if you want to play G11gaming early that's fine. Just a bit awkward because the score can't be reliably recorded until the set date
    G11gaming wrote: »
    So, where's my opponent?

I'll play you in half hour?

Alright.
    So, where's my opponent?

You're supposed to be playing @aurora, but if you want to play G11gaming early that's fine. Just a bit awkward because the score can't be reliably recorded until the set date

It's fine with me. I can play both of them today.
    So, where's my opponent?

Hey Joe just had a look at the tables, it's not going to be easy keeping to the those time slots and days. What ya reckon?
    So, where's my opponent?

Hey Joe just had a look at the tables, it's not going to be easy keeping to the those time slots and days. What ya reckon?

The days and time don't matter haha, couldn't change them. It's just the weeks that we should roughly stick to, looks like they'll be some flexibility - that's fine, but scores can't be properly recorded until later
    So, where's my opponent?

The days and time don't matter haha, couldn't change them. It's just the weeks that we should roughly stick to, looks like they'll be some flexibility - that's fine, but scores can't be properly recorded until later

Okay well i'm here from now until late, so if anyone wants to play me, thet's get it on. B)
    I'm here.
    Cheers Joe 8-5 to you.... B)
    8-5 to me Vs G11gaming, but then he left.

@G11gaming you back soon to finish game?? Wow I was playing awful, couldn't focus

Also, you fluked once and carried on... ;)