Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

Lost coins -

DronarDronar Posts: 2 New Member
Hi miniclip Pool team,
My son was playing the game he lost the coins while he kept the tab idle and was doing some other things. his id is 254-885-285-2
He finished one game and he kept the tab idle(kept the screen open) and went for some other things. Buy the time he came back he realised that the game automatically went into"Jakarta Volcano" table, i.e 100K table and he lost 50K coins...
He felt cheated by the game and is really sad about...
Can you please check and let me know if you can help him on this.

Thanks in advance,
Sid's father.

Comments

• SunidhifanSunidhifan Earthbound....Posts: 5,631 Pool Forum VIP
    edited January 8
    Hello and welcome to the forum...... :)

I am just a fellow player and forum member, so this is nothing official.... ;) ...Just my strong personal belief and opinion..... :|

MiniClip S. A. prided themselves on, and obviously was very dedicated to kids and kids gaming online in their first 10 years of existence.......they received, and lobbied on the forum for votes toward a third award given annually by the UK government regarding best children's focused entertainment ....
    I cannot remember the name of the award, but I lobbied strongly for it back in 2011 and 2012..... :*

However....in December of 2012, after the game of Pool took off so big for them, they decided that introducing the coins (gag), the gambling aspect with all it's associated woes and pitfalls, micro-transactions, and focusing solely on profits was a good thing for their children's base of players.....although they are not the only ones responsible...it was us adults that made the game so popular to start with.... ;) ...They just saw that fact as making it the potential cash cow it turned out to be.... :*

Smart business I guess.... :|

However, with that said, they also moved in the direction of not caring one bit about how all this would effect kids who play their games as well..... As I said, since they are primarily concerned with the profit aspect now...the game is now geared towards, focused on, and set to default for pushing those blasted coins (gag), the sale of them and other associated fluff...regardless of consequences, disappointment and loss that always comes with gambling.....

IMO, this is not a lesson kids need to learn.....ALL gambling of any kind should be reserved for after reaching adulthood.....but that is just me.... :*

With all that said.....I regret to tell you, that from past observations of historical incidents and requests I have seen, there is nothing MiniClip will do regarding this issue for you..... A very tough lesson for your child to learn I believe wholeheartedly.....but the decision is not up to me by any means (if it was up to me, he would get a full refund of his virtual coins (gag)....)....

Until they decide to take children and their vulnerabilities back into consideration, I am afraid all children who play the game will continue to be subject to such lessons...at too young an age.... :s

Best of luck though.... :)

X5lbOom.gif
    Post edited by Sunidhifan on
  • DronarDronar Posts: 2 New Member
    you have point. But I wanted to see how the community managers of Miniclip responds to this request.
    I am working on similar industry so really wanted to see how these people work on such request. Do they just ignore or really care about each message?
    Let see, and thanks for your comment.
  • christhecueballchristhecueball Posts: 217 Pool Player
    think the absence of replies from staffmembers should give you a clue!
  • Dalton ModeratorDalton Moderator Forum Moderator Los Angeles, CAPosts: 6,937 mod
    edited January 9
    Dronar wrote: »
    Hi miniclip Pool team,
    My son was playing the game he lost the coins while he kept the tab idle and was doing some other things. his id is 254-885-285-2
    He finished one game and he kept the tab idle(kept the screen open) and went for some other things. Buy the time he came back he realised that the game automatically went into"Jakarta Volcano" table, i.e 100K table and he lost 50K coins...
    He felt cheated by the game and is really sad about...
    Can you please check and let me know if you can help him on this.

Thanks in advance,
    Sid's father.

Hi @Dronar,

Unfortunately this is not something we would be able to assist you with on the forum. Instead, please contact our customer service department and open a new support ticket. Please provide as many details as possible, including step-by-step events leading up to the issue.

To open a new support ticket, please visit https://miniclip.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Regards,
    Dalton
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online13

Salman Yousuf
Salman Yousuf
Sunidhifan
Sunidhifan
UnEquiVocaL EnD
UnEquiVocaL EnD
+10 Guests