Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

Ten Thousand Posts At Last...

2

Comments

  • COOLOCKERCOOLOCKER Now you know.Posts: 3,697 Pool Champion
    Deimos666 wrote: »
    Kudos to you Nann, I can't fathom posting that much! Scary thing is, I've seen people with 50+ thousand posts on other forums. My hands would hurt typing that much. :D

    Certainly takes some effort to achieve that!

    I'm not sure how people manage to rack up extreme post counts. I've been a member of many different forums for well over 10+ years, and this is the only forum I've hit the 500 mark on (mostly music posts I'm sure). Granted I've "typed" at least double or triple that, but if I see someone else post before I finish with a similar answer, or I skim the post and feel my input isn't really needed, I often delete my post before posting, lol. :D Though I do toss in my 2 cents on occasion. Truth be told, I don't chat much in real life even these days, so I guess that carries over to my online world, lmao.

    Well done on your 10K!

    Nice post Deimos, Something i think we can all agree on here without prejudice is that Nan gives her opinion in a truthful manner, and does not suffer fools in any way, shape or form. I like a person who speaks their mind, and that is what forums are for. Your own post follows this trend, and its not disrespectful in any way at all. Kudos my man.

    I like your post for its truth, in that you give us your own view on it, and that is class, and admirable. This is the part that i really like from your own post:
    Deimos666 wrote: »
    Granted I've "typed" at least double or triple that, but if I see someone else post before I finish with a similar answer, or I skim the post and feel my input isn't really needed, I often delete my post before posting, lol.

    That is such an honest statement, that i doff my hat to you. Many forum members here (not all) just post drivel to boost up their own post counts, just for the hecck of it. But if your looking for a real debate, or an educated discussion on most things, then the top poster on this forum sure as heckk can give you one.

    Top poster in my opinion.
  • Deimos666Deimos666 Mobile / AndroidPosts: 586 Pool Expert
    COOLOCKER wrote: »
    Deimos666 wrote: »
    Kudos to you Nann, I can't fathom posting that much! Scary thing is, I've seen people with 50+ thousand posts on other forums. My hands would hurt typing that much. :D

    Certainly takes some effort to achieve that!

    I'm not sure how people manage to rack up extreme post counts. I've been a member of many different forums for well over 10+ years, and this is the only forum I've hit the 500 mark on (mostly music posts I'm sure). Granted I've "typed" at least double or triple that, but if I see someone else post before I finish with a similar answer, or I skim the post and feel my input isn't really needed, I often delete my post before posting, lol. :D Though I do toss in my 2 cents on occasion. Truth be told, I don't chat much in real life even these days, so I guess that carries over to my online world, lmao.

    Well done on your 10K!

    Nice post Deimos, Something i think we can all agree on here without prejudice is that Nan gives her opinion in a truthful manner, and does not suffer fools in any way, shape or form. I like a person who speaks their mind, and that is what forums are for. Your own post follows this trend, and its not disrespectful in any way at all. Kudos my man.

    I like your post for its truth, in that you give us your own view on it, and that is class, and admirable. This is the part that i really like from your own post:
    Deimos666 wrote: »
    Granted I've "typed" at least double or triple that, but if I see someone else post before I finish with a similar answer, or I skim the post and feel my input isn't really needed, I often delete my post before posting, lol.

    That is such an honest statement, that i doff my hat to you. Many forum members here (not all) just post drivel to boost up their own post counts, just for the hecck of it. But if your looking for a real debate, or an educated discussion on most things, then the top poster on this forum sure as heckk can give you one.

    Top poster in my opinion.

    I certainly had no intentions of being disrespectful. Knowing it can be interpreted differently by people from being text only post, hopefully no one thinks of my post as ill towards Nann! On the contrary, I like Nanny very much and enjoy her posts! I was bummed when she got banned! I know you understood my post fine COOL, and thanks, but I thought I better make sure my message was clearer.

    Instead of saying congrats or whatever, I figured I'd use my post to include a thought I've wondered for many years: ten thousand + posts, that is a lot! It's what first came to mind when I read the thread title; how does one post that many (obviously it comes down to personality and how much one likes to engage with others). Even posting drivel such as music, as I've done a lot of, still seems like it would take forever!

    Nanny is most definitely a top poster / member, and a great contributor to the forum, as well as many of you guys. I come here because I like to see what you guys / gals are chatting about, and while I may not engage in many of the threads, I do read a lot of them, and I toss in my opinion on occasion as well.
  • Urban SpacemanUrban Spaceman Emergency Landing Posts: 721 Pool Expert
    edited January 19
    @COOLOCKER why would anyone want to post drivel to boost their count , if it's just to be called pool champion or expert it does not make sense or do you get some privileges i know nothing of , those titles are meaningless .
  • COOLOCKERCOOLOCKER Now you know.Posts: 3,697 Pool Champion
    @COOLOCKER why would anyone want to post drivel to boost their count , if it's just to be called pool champion or expert it does not make sense or do you get some privileges i know nothing of , those titles are meaningless .

    lol, thats what beats me Urban. I havent got a clue why anyone would do it, but we know it happens.
  • COOLOCKERCOOLOCKER Now you know.Posts: 3,697 Pool Champion
    Deimos666 wrote: »
    COOLOCKER wrote: »
    Deimos666 wrote: »
    Kudos to you Nann, I can't fathom posting that much! Scary thing is, I've seen people with 50+ thousand posts on other forums. My hands would hurt typing that much. :D

    Certainly takes some effort to achieve that!

    I'm not sure how people manage to rack up extreme post counts. I've been a member of many different forums for well over 10+ years, and this is the only forum I've hit the 500 mark on (mostly music posts I'm sure). Granted I've "typed" at least double or triple that, but if I see someone else post before I finish with a similar answer, or I skim the post and feel my input isn't really needed, I often delete my post before posting, lol. :D Though I do toss in my 2 cents on occasion. Truth be told, I don't chat much in real life even these days, so I guess that carries over to my online world, lmao.

    Well done on your 10K!

    Nice post Deimos, Something i think we can all agree on here without prejudice is that Nan gives her opinion in a truthful manner, and does not suffer fools in any way, shape or form. I like a person who speaks their mind, and that is what forums are for. Your own post follows this trend, and its not disrespectful in any way at all. Kudos my man.

    I like your post for its truth, in that you give us your own view on it, and that is class, and admirable. This is the part that i really like from your own post:
    Deimos666 wrote: »
    Granted I've "typed" at least double or triple that, but if I see someone else post before I finish with a similar answer, or I skim the post and feel my input isn't really needed, I often delete my post before posting, lol.

    That is such an honest statement, that i doff my hat to you. Many forum members here (not all) just post drivel to boost up their own post counts, just for the hecck of it. But if your looking for a real debate, or an educated discussion on most things, then the top poster on this forum sure as heckk can give you one.

    Top poster in my opinion.

    I certainly had no intentions of being disrespectful. Knowing it can be interpreted differently by people from being text only post, hopefully no one thinks of my post as ill towards Nann! On the contrary, I like Nanny very much and enjoy her posts! I was bummed when she got banned! I know you understood my post fine COOL, and thanks, but I thought I better make sure my message was clearer.

    Instead of saying congrats or whatever, I figured I'd use my post to include a thought I've wondered for many years: ten thousand + posts, that is a lot! It's what first came to mind when I read the thread title; how does one post that many (obviously it comes down to personality and how much one likes to engage with others). Even posting drivel such as music, as I've done a lot of, still seems like it would take forever!

    Nanny is most definitely a top poster / member, and a great contributor to the forum, as well as many of you guys. I come here because I like to see what you guys / gals are chatting about, and while I may not engage in many of the threads, I do read a lot of them, and I toss in my opinion on occasion as well.

    I dont think anyone would think you had different intentions at all Deimos, on the contrary. Just wanted to to point out i really liked your post, and what you said. Cheers man.
  • Deimos666Deimos666 Mobile / AndroidPosts: 586 Pool Expert
    COOLOCKER wrote: »
    Deimos666 wrote: »
    COOLOCKER wrote: »
    Deimos666 wrote: »
    Kudos to you Nann, I can't fathom posting that much! Scary thing is, I've seen people with 50+ thousand posts on other forums. My hands would hurt typing that much. :D

    Certainly takes some effort to achieve that!

    I'm not sure how people manage to rack up extreme post counts. I've been a member of many different forums for well over 10+ years, and this is the only forum I've hit the 500 mark on (mostly music posts I'm sure). Granted I've "typed" at least double or triple that, but if I see someone else post before I finish with a similar answer, or I skim the post and feel my input isn't really needed, I often delete my post before posting, lol. :D Though I do toss in my 2 cents on occasion. Truth be told, I don't chat much in real life even these days, so I guess that carries over to my online world, lmao.

    Well done on your 10K!

    Nice post Deimos, Something i think we can all agree on here without prejudice is that Nan gives her opinion in a truthful manner, and does not suffer fools in any way, shape or form. I like a person who speaks their mind, and that is what forums are for. Your own post follows this trend, and its not disrespectful in any way at all. Kudos my man.

    I like your post for its truth, in that you give us your own view on it, and that is class, and admirable. This is the part that i really like from your own post:
    Deimos666 wrote: »
    Granted I've "typed" at least double or triple that, but if I see someone else post before I finish with a similar answer, or I skim the post and feel my input isn't really needed, I often delete my post before posting, lol.

    That is such an honest statement, that i doff my hat to you. Many forum members here (not all) just post drivel to boost up their own post counts, just for the hecck of it. But if your looking for a real debate, or an educated discussion on most things, then the top poster on this forum sure as heckk can give you one.

    Top poster in my opinion.

    I certainly had no intentions of being disrespectful. Knowing it can be interpreted differently by people from being text only post, hopefully no one thinks of my post as ill towards Nann! On the contrary, I like Nanny very much and enjoy her posts! I was bummed when she got banned! I know you understood my post fine COOL, and thanks, but I thought I better make sure my message was clearer.

    Instead of saying congrats or whatever, I figured I'd use my post to include a thought I've wondered for many years: ten thousand + posts, that is a lot! It's what first came to mind when I read the thread title; how does one post that many (obviously it comes down to personality and how much one likes to engage with others). Even posting drivel such as music, as I've done a lot of, still seems like it would take forever!

    Nanny is most definitely a top poster / member, and a great contributor to the forum, as well as many of you guys. I come here because I like to see what you guys / gals are chatting about, and while I may not engage in many of the threads, I do read a lot of them, and I toss in my opinion on occasion as well.

    I dont think anyone would think you had different intentions at all Deimos, on the contrary. Just wanted to to point out i really liked your post, and what you said. Cheers man.

    Text can often be interpreted in different ways, you know how that goes! Cheers to you too man!
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Growing Old DisgracefullyPosts: 10,644 Pool Forum Veteran
    Wow, thank you for the kind and lovely sentiments @Deimos666 and @COOLOCKER :)

    I know that many people do not consider post counts to be of any importance, and as long as posts in the "forum games" section are counted they have a point.
    That issue was discussed and debated over in the unofficial forum quite recently in fact, and the admins took the decision to stop counting posts in their "forum games" section in everyones' post counts.
    I would be happy to see that situation re-enacted over here, even though I freely and happily admit that in the last month or thereabouts I started participating in the forum games section when I suddenly realised just how close I was getting to the 10k post milestone ( something I, and probably the admins here since they have not established a rank for that number, never expected to see ).
    It might have taken me another few weeks to reach 10k without forum games, but I would have done so eventually anyway, considering how much I like to talk LOL

    With regard to the posting of music, I recall in the early days of the forum, we were posting lots of music back then ( yes, myself included ) but we also used to have some nice little discussions about the music rather than just posting and forgetting. That is simply an observation before anyone gets up in arms thinking it's a criticism. It's just the way things were,

    Online forums are usually there as "discussion" forums and games and music are usually just a sideline for entertainment purposes rather than the major source of contributions as they are today.
    Again that is just an observation.
    Don't take my opinions as a criticism, they are just opinions and everyone has their own.

    As the first person to reach ten thousand posts, and to have done so with the vast majority of my contributions being quality over spam, I feel justly proud of the fact that I have made forum history.

    A high post count may not mean very much when it can be boosted so easily in the non-discussion sections but it can also be an indicator of who in the forum is actually contributing towards the overall success of the forum, and I can sit here with pride and say, factually, that I have contributed more to this forum than any other person in the last two and a half years.

    My participation has been tailing off lately, but let's face it every dog has it's day and I have certainly had mine.

    So I am happy to pass the baton on to the next generation of forum contributors and wish them, whoever they may be, as much success and fun as I have had here.
    Don't worry I will still be around, but no-one can keep going at the pace that I used to LOL

    Thank you again to all the people kind enough to acknowledge my achievement in here, your support and friendship is very much appreciated and highly valued :) <3
  • christhecueballchristhecueball Posts: 379 Pool Pro
    give that lady a medal! :D

    71FMVgWPAxL._SL1500_.jpg
  • Urban SpacemanUrban Spaceman Emergency Landing Posts: 721 Pool Expert
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Growing Old DisgracefullyPosts: 10,644 Pool Forum Veteran
    LOL thanks chris and urban :D
  • COOLOCKERCOOLOCKER Now you know.Posts: 3,697 Pool Champion
    Congrats on your new forum status Nan. One and only, eh? lol.
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Growing Old DisgracefullyPosts: 10,644 Pool Forum Veteran
    edited January 23
    LOL thanks Jimmy, it's a shame I had to put it in there myself though but hey, as I always tell other people, if you expect nothing then you will never be disappointed LOL

    I wouldn't be human if I didn't feel a little disappointment at MC admins though, not even a single acknowledgement ?
    Ah well, I should take note of my own aphorisms more often LOL
    Post edited by Nanny Ogg on
  • christhecueballchristhecueball Posts: 379 Pool Pro
    Nanny Ogg wrote: »
    LOL thanks Jimmy, it's a shame I had to put it in there myself though but hey, as I always tell other people, if you expect nothing then you will never be disappointed LOL

    I wouldn't be human if I didn't feel a little disappointment at MC admins though, not even a single acknowledgement ?
    Ah well, I should take note of my own aphorisms more often LOL

    who complained about my modesty? :D

    smiley-weiter.gif

  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Growing Old DisgracefullyPosts: 10,644 Pool Forum Veteran
    edited January 24
    Nanny Ogg wrote: »
    LOL thanks Jimmy, it's a shame I had to put it in there myself though but hey, as I always tell other people, if you expect nothing then you will never be disappointed LOL

    I wouldn't be human if I didn't feel a little disappointment at MC admins though, not even a single acknowledgement ?
    Ah well, I should take note of my own aphorisms more often LOL

    who complained about my modesty? :D

    smiley-weiter.gif

    Because when a man blows his own trumpet everyone says he's strong and independent and to be admired, but when a woman does it she's just a loud mouthed bíatch LOL

    It's 2018 and we still have a long way to go before most men pay more than just lip-service to equality.

    Plus if you don't ask you don't get, and it's about time more women realised that men will NOT give you equality, or respect, or admiration just because you deserve it.
    And even when you deserve it.
    You have to go out there and grab it by the balls and TAKE it LOL
  • christhecueballchristhecueball Posts: 379 Pool Pro
    ok, hands down mrs legend :D
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Growing Old DisgracefullyPosts: 10,644 Pool Forum Veteran
  • SunidhifanSunidhifan Earthbound....Posts: 6,096 Pool Forum VIP
    edited January 26
    Big Congrats on being the first Legendary Forum Poster @Nanny Ogg .... ;) :)

    Pretty big accomplishment for sure.....keep up the great work.... ;) B) :)

    Sorry for late posting, but I was a bit pre-occupied for a day or 6.... :D


    X5lbOom.gif
    Post edited by Sunidhifan on
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Growing Old DisgracefullyPosts: 10,644 Pool Forum Veteran
    Sunidhifan wrote: »
    Big Congrats on being the first Legendary Forum Poster @Nanny Ogg .... ;) :)
    Pretty big accomplishment for sure.....keep up the great work.... ;) B) :)
    Sorry for late posting, but I was a bit pre-occupied for a day or 6.... :D

    Considering your situation at the moment Jeff I'm more than grateful you took time out to gratz me, take care of yourself and have a speedy recovery :)

  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Growing Old DisgracefullyPosts: 10,644 Pool Forum Veteran
    edited February 7
    Well they took their own sweet time to do it and I admit I got just a tad impatient with them for doing so, but all's well that ends well and I finally got a new rank LOL

    It may not be the one I was hoping for, makes me sound like an old soldier LOL but maybe I can be an official "Forum Legend" when I make 20000 posts instead LOL
    Post edited by Nanny Ogg on
  • COOLOCKERCOOLOCKER Now you know.Posts: 3,697 Pool Champion
    Nanny Ogg wrote: »
    Well they took their own sweet time to do it and I admit I got just a tad impatient with them for doing so, but all's well that end's well and I finally got a new rank LOL

    It may not be the one I was hoping for, makes me sound like an old soldier LOL but maybe I can be an official "Forum Legend" when I make 20000 posts instead LOL

    lol, loving it.
2
Sign In or Register to comment.

Who's Online16

*Cheetah Girl*
*Cheetah Girl*
Obel
Obel
+14 Guests