Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

What would you do in this spot?

Comments

• JJoeJJoe UKPosts: 788 Pool Expert
    joe. wrote: »
    oh! I read carl's post wrong at first, he means the 6 passes the 8? May do actually, problem solved if so - though I'd just screw up past the 6 with the 5, to then play the 6, not have to try to play it in middle, just play it in bottom right

yeah, 5 to the middle is suicide.....for me lol

Lol same, I'm hopeless with middles, even more so on mobile. I don't doubt it's the right shot for Carl though, if he's used to those shots!

Just i'd prefer cutting the 5 back in the corner and **** up past the 6, can't go wrong even if you have no idea how to aim lol
  • christhecueballchristhecueball Posts: 323 Pool Pro
    edited January 18
    5 centre is as basic a shot as you can hope to take on so lol all you like. The only problem I’d face is whether the gaps there to pot the green.

I think you’re post proves why I was quick to defend myself when you commented on my videos. I’ve proven I make a high % of denials and rarely miss. I believe I would of made a denial if that was my table! wheras your option is 80% chance of losing.

yeah you are the greatest, i forgot :D
    still, 2 hitnhopers in 5 racks lol
  • odlllboodlllbo Posts: 295 Pool Pro
    oh! I read carl's post wrong at first, he means the 6 passes the 8? May do actually, problem solved if so - though I'd just screw up past the 6 with the 5, to then play the 6, not have to try to play it in middle, just play it in bottom right

Lol same, I'm hopeless with middles, even more so on mobile. I don't doubt it's the right shot for Carl though, if he's used to those shots!

Just i'd prefer cutting the 5 back in the corner and **** up past the 6, can't go wrong even if you have no idea how to aim lol

Yea I like that shot Joe. Just backcut the 5 with a touch below centre and float uptable. Or 5 in the middle and use the 3 to get uptable.
    5 centre is as basic a shot as you can hope to take on so lol all you like. The only problem I’d face is whether the gaps there to pot the green.

I think you’re post proves why I was quick to defend myself when you commented on my videos. I’ve proven I make a high % of denials and rarely miss. I believe I would of made a denial if that was my table! wheras your option is 80% chance of losing.

Not sure what ur referencing but sample size is everything ;) . Not sure which option is 80% loser tho :p as I think the defensive options still have solids as a favorite.
    since you like challenges so much, here is one
    qfp all in order, lets see how good you are with the cueball!

odlllbo wrote: »

Yea I like that shot Joe. Just backcut the 5 with a touch below centre and float uptable. Or 5 in the middle and use the 3 to get uptable.

Not sure what ur referencing but sample size is everything ;) . Not sure which option is 80% loser tho :p as I think the defensive options still have solids as a favorite.

ofc you are fav in both options since you have tablecontroll, carls comment only shows his lack of understanding! being a potting moster isnt everything....lol

Video is blocked! :(

cant you watch it on yt?
  • Carlos TalesCarlos Tales Posts: 1,343 Pool Champion

cant you watch it on yt?

It says it's blocked on copyright grounds? Might be just because I'm in the UK

Interesting! Very good finish, just I'd have never gone to the trouble of having to play so many shots (miss-able) before the break out. What do you think of just playing back spin on the cut back of the 5 in the corner just to float back up to where you used the 4 in the video to go past the 8? The shot that goes past the 8 should be the second shot you play on the finish imo
  • G11gamingG11gaming Rock out :BPosts: 4,555 Pool Champion
    Chris and Carl both very good precise play i see from both of your videos. :+1: if only i could haha... i'm like Jimmy white a bit lol get a good streak going and crumble when it counts haha :D :# :)
    I tried to play it out as I told it in my previous comment. I just couldn’t remember which ball I said for the 2nd shot. It’s the first shot that Chris laughed at which was the easiest amongst them all.

@christhecueball My lack of understanding just won me the game. What makes me laugh about you Chris is a thread is posted asking how we would all play the game out. For what ever reason you laughed at my answer so I have given a demo to prove it’s your lack of understanding that’s laughable. We would all have a few seconds to decide how to play each shot but at least my videos show I make good calls by winning the games.

I can’t watch your video either!
    I tried to play it out as I told it in my previous comment. I just couldn’t remember which ball I said for the 2nd shot. It’s the first shot that Chris laughed at which was the easiest amongst them all.

@christhecueball My lack of understanding just won me the game. What makes me laugh about you Chris is a thread is posted asking how we would all play the game out. For what ever reason you laughed at my answer so I have given a demo to prove it’s your lack of understanding that’s laughable. We would all have a few seconds to decide how to play each shot but at least my videos show I make good calls by winning the games.

Oh yeah, I know, I didn't mean that.

Just I wondered why you preferred that route as opposed to just cutting the 5 back? if you look at the original screenshot OP posted, CB is very controllable after the cut

Each to their own though! You played your route very well, and you chose the harder route imo, so it's impressive you even got out the hard way
    I think I know what you mean but I didn’t have the shot on to move the black until after potting the green. If I’d got better position I would of moved the black earlier.

cant you watch it on yt?

It says it's blocked on copyright grounds? Might be just because I'm in the UK

changed the music, should work now

read back, i corrected myself....... and still i never would play the 5 to the sidepocket! but thats prolly only me lol
    I think I know what you mean but I didn’t have the shot on to move the black until after potting the green. If I’d got better position I would of moved the black earlier.

I mean you'd have got the exactly same position as you did after like 4 shots, if you just cut the 5 back into the bottom right, while using backspin to go up past the ball you'll use to go past he 8. Just simpler that's all imo, yours still worked :D :D

I mean you'd have got the exactly same position as you did after like 4 shots, if you just cut the 5 back into the bottom right, while using backspin to go up past the ball you'll use to go past he 8. Just simpler that's all imo, yours still worked :D :D

excactly.....and it only worked with a bit of luck regarding the position on the last solid lol you need to play it as soon as possible, not at last.......so, cut the 5 and play the 6 next!
    I expected the 5 to be moved with the black.
    Yes but after looking at the screen shot and deciding how to play it after 3 seconds I chose the midddle bag. Cutting the 5 you would lose more control of the cue ball. My way I stayed in control and didn’t get lucky. If anything was unlucky not to move the orange.

I’m hardly going to post how I would make the clearance then change it for my demo video :D