Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

What would you do in this spot?

Comments

• Carlos TalesCarlos Tales Posts: 1,343 Pool Champion
    edited January 27
    I had a similar choice here with taking on the bank or playing safe

• JJoeJJoe UKPosts: 788 Pool Expert
    ig37r7pc5c83.png

Another conundrum! Ideas?

Before I took the screenshot, I had ball in hand. I ran out of time obviously, that's why it was passed to other player
  • COOLOCKERCOOLOCKER Posts: 3,425 Pool Champion
    edited January 31
    Its a tough call, as there are so many options to choose from. But my first thought was to pot the 12 top left with full backspin into the cluster at the bottom to break them up. After that, its a bit of a battle to free up the others. As i said, first thought, as time is probably not an option, lol.
    And now afer having a little more time to view it, i would probably go for 11 into BM, with topspin into the 10, sending it to the 5 spotted ball, hopefully moving it out of there. After that, if it all works out, the 10 is your only real problem.
    COOLOCKER wrote: »
    And now afer having a little more time to view it, i would probably go for 11 into BM, with topspin into the 10, sending it to the 5 spotted ball, hopefully moving it out of there. After that, if it all works out, the 10 is your only real problem.

Did you mean into the 3 as a carom? If so, yeah I really like that option. With a bit of luck you'd be left with an angle on the 15 to pot into top middle to break out the ten
    joe. wrote: »

Did you mean into the 3 as a carom? If so, yeah I really like that option. With a bit of luck you'd be left with an angle on the 15 to pot into top middle to break out the ten

Give me a minute or 2 Joe, and i will put up a pic explaining.

Give me a minute or 2 Joe, and i will put up a pic explaining.

good idea, I'll do same for my idea
    1j2z6mfnmqoq.png

This is what I thought of, does the pic make sense tho lol, hope you can understand it :D
    It does Joe, lol. Heres what i meant:

cd7hzxco3txv.jpg

I won’t bother trying to demo this one as would take 2 years to set up the table lol but I think I would of tried 9 bottom left moving the most difficult ball on the table the blue 10. But as cool mentions so many choices but not an easy table to win so need some good fortune and lots of spin along the way.
    I won’t bother trying to demo this one as would take 2 years to set up the table lol but I think I would of tried 9 bottom left moving the most difficult ball on the table the blue 10. But as cool mentions so many choices but not an easy table to win so need some good fortune and lots of spin along the way.

That's a good option as well - especially with a lot of insurance balls afterwards to break out or get on the next problem area. And haha true :D
    My first strategy is always when possible to develop the trickiest part of the table. Even if it’s taking in a hard shot. Better to miss at the beginning of a break than towards then end.
    My first strategy is always when possible to develop the trickiest part of the table. Even if it’s taking in a hard shot. Better to miss at the beginning of a break than towards then end.

Yep exactly, most important thing when planning a route is to go to the hardest area the first. In lower tiers you see all the time players just roll 6 balls in, get to the last one that's in a bad place and they have to try a crazy trick shot or something
  • odlllboodlllbo Posts: 295 Pool Pro
    ig37r7pc5c83.png

Before I took the screenshot, I had ball in hand. I ran out of time obviously, that's why it was passed to other player

Tricky spot! I think my first choice would be to run out of time while thinking about it :p but if i was able to freeze time for some reason I'd probably end up using bih to pot the 15 ball bottom right, through the 5, and following the cb down to break up the 10 and 4. Like this:

From here it should be smooth sailing :)

Now that's assuming were playing stripes mind you. If it's still an open table we would have no way to call stripes :s and would be forced with solids after this shot. However we could still play the same shot and then clear the solids 4 3 2 or 3 4 2, depending on the leave.
    odlllbo wrote: »
    ig37r7pc5c83.png

Tricky spot! I think my first choice would be to run out of time while thinking about it :p but if i was able to freeze time for some reason I'd probably end up using bih to pot the 15 ball bottom right, through the 5, and following the cb down to break up the 10 and 4. Like this:

From here it should be smooth sailing :)

Now that's assuming were playing stripes mind you. If it's still an open table we would have no way to call stripes :s and would be forced with solids after this shot. However we could still play the same shot and then clear the solids 4 3 2 or 3 4 2, depending on the leave.

Wow how'd I not think of that....well played, that is the best way to play it imo
    edited February 2
    lol, super stuff odlllbo. Funny how we know these shots, but never think of them straight of the bat when needed. I think if every other shot had been unplayable, then it might have crossed the mind to play it.
  • odlllboodlllbo Posts: 295 Pool Pro
    lol, super stuff odlllbo. Funny how we know these shots, but never think of them straight of the bat when needed. I think if every other shot had been unplayable, then it might have crossed the mind to play it.

:) Yea I know what u mean. It's funny too that ball in hand often makes seeing the best shots even tougher. Too many options, and all the while that green timer is taunting you in your peripheral :D .

I think if there was an option to add extra time to a shot by paying cash I would go for it way too often. Btw that's not a suggestion miniclip! :D
  • -Alyna-Alyna 80.6%Posts: 742 Pool Expert
    Why is this post dead? :( It was very interesting
  • LifeEternalLifeEternal Posts: 358 Pool Pro
    -Alyna wrote: »
    Why is this post dead? :( It was very interesting

because double thread Alyna.Nineballina Ge create what would you do?

https://www.miniclip.com/social/8-ball-pool/forum/en/#/discussion/28151/what-would-you-do
  • SunidhifanSunidhifan Earthbound....Posts: 5,875 Pool Forum VIP
    edited April 11
    Nothing wrong with dual threads if done properly..... :)

X5lbOom.gif