Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

Berlin Challlenge

Carlos TalesCarlos Tales Posts: 1,040 Pool Expert
Wanted to post another challenge as not done one for a while. Open to both platforms but PC would need to play at least Bangkok tier Berlin rules where you bank the black in nominated pocket to win. HTML version can play Berlin of course.

So this cake about from my YouTube channel where someone challenged me to win 3 straight Berlins using the beginners cue. I had a quick go winning my first game shown below. The challenge is who can get the longest win streak in Berlin using beginners cue.

Comments

• COOLOCKERCOOLOCKER youvebeenservedPosts: 3,088 Pool Champion
    Had to have a look at who was posting that Carl, lol. I see the account has nothing on it whatsoever. Kinda makes me think somebody from here deliberately set it up to troll you?
  • ObelObel Posts: 60 Pool Player
    edited January 26
    Too expensive since the challenge is in berlin tier
    Change the table to Beijing with cushion shot on 8ball and minimum bet 10m
  • Carlos TalesCarlos Tales Posts: 1,040 Pool Expert
    You have several billion so your comment doesn’t apply to you lol

Berlin needs to be the tier played on mobile because it’s the most competitive tier other than Mumbai and its no good playing a bank shot in a tier with a beginners cue on a tier that doesn’t need a bank shot as there’s an even higher chance of losing.

The challenge is Berlin but if PC players want to join in then they have no option but to play a different high tier or play HTML

It’s quite a simple challenge really and only 1 to beat. Lol
  • ObelObel Posts: 60 Pool Player
    What's the prize?
    The winner will receive all legendary cues maxed out Plus a special 11 11 11 11 cue called 'Invincible'
  • Deimos666Deimos666 Posts: 534 Pool Expert
    The winner will receive all legendary cues maxed out Plus a special 11 11 11 11 cue called 'Invincible'

LOL. :D

I'd try this challenge, I played a lot with the beginner cue, so not too bad with it, however, I still can't make a bank shot to save my life! :s I keep practicing though.
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Growing Old DisgracefullyPosts: 10,170 Pool Forum Veteran
    I'd try this challenge too but I don't have billions of coins.
    I don't even have millions of coins.
    I'm pretty sure that applies to the majority as well.
    It would be nice to see a few challenges that are designed so everybody could participate instead of just the rich elite.
  • طلحہ سجادطلحہ سجاد Posts: 1,174 Pool Champion
    Beginner cue and berlin.... I give up :D
  • *Aurora**Aurora* Sorry, I'm a lady...Posts: 6,666 Pool Forum VIP
    Everyone is welcome to run a challenge. :)
    Nanny Ogg wrote: »
    It would be nice to see a few challenges that are designed so everybody could participate instead of just the rich elite.

I suppose there is no reason we couldn't do a similar fun challenge in say London, that way all get to participate, could still do beginner cue / indi shot on black and see who could get the highest win streak (still not easy in my opinion). I fully understand the coins limiting these challenges, it took me what seemed like forever to get enough to play all tiers comfortably. I still play London a lot, so would be fun and gives everyone a chance to do it. Guess we could create another thread with that separate challenge from Carl's here?
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Growing Old DisgracefullyPosts: 10,170 Pool Forum Veteran
    Deimos666 wrote: »

I suppose there is no reason we couldn't do a similar fun challenge in say London, that way all get to participate, could still do beginner cue / indi shot on black and see who could get the highest win streak (still not easy in my opinion). I fully understand the coins limiting these challenges, it took me what seemed like forever to get enough to play all tiers comfortably. I still play London a lot, so would be fun and gives everyone a chance to do it. Guess we could create another thread with that separate challenge from Carl's here?

The only trouble with that is there is no way for one to prove that every win was made with a bank shot.
    Deimos666 wrote: »

The only trouble with that is there is no way for one to prove that every win was made with a bank shot.

True, not everyone will tell the truth.
  • VijayGunnersVijayGunners Posts: 680 Pool Expert
    I had a quick go and got a 2 streak from 4 games, LWWL.
    Here’s the video of the 2 streak, they’re not the cleanest of wins but a win is a win, right :)
    Ha ha SA is making me laugh :joy: You need a better cue. :joy:

Just to ask your shot at 6:24 I think a soft shot would of been a better option leaving you a shot on the 9 and then a possible bank on the black in to the middle. With no power on the cue it’s so difficult to develop the table and think that’s what you was going for?

Nice games. 2 to beat. I’ll give this another go after Dublin tournament .
  • G11gamingG11gaming Mr lover, lover. :)Posts: 3,800 Pool Champion
    I just checked my account.... i'm not going to make it. :D :'(
    Ha ha SA is making me laugh :joy: You need a better cue. :joy:

Just to ask your shot at 6:24 I think a soft shot would of been a better option leaving you a shot on the 9 and then a possible bank on the black in to the middle. With no power on the cue it’s so difficult to develop the table and think that’s what you was going for?

Nice games. 2 to beat. I’ll give this another go after Dublin tournament .

Lol I was going to reply to him but didn’t want to run out of time.

I thought about hitting it soft but I thought I’d be blocked by the blue, I then tried to break the cluster up from that shot but the brown messed that up..
  • ATG8ballpoolATG8ballpool Posts: 205 Pool Pro
    Today for the 1st time I played Berlin with the beginner cue and won three games in a row( though it was Luck more than skill)
    Your video shows another big disadvantage taking on this challenge with running out of time having to rush shots. Well played for getting a 3 WS :)
  • ATG8ballpoolATG8ballpool Posts: 205 Pool Pro
    May not enjoy the video but will surely enjoy the background music...
    Nice @ATG8ballpool I’ll have another go later