Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

Bluestacks

Carlos TalesCarlos Tales Posts: 1,398 Pool Champion
edited January 26 in Community
Has anyone on PC heard of Bluestacks? As far as I know it will allow you to play android games on PC. If anyone could give this a try and see how the Mobile Miniclip pool game performs compared to the PC and HTML version. If it works well then no reason why a PC player couldn't play against someone on mobile.

@christhecueball what do you think?

Comments

• COOLOCKERCOOLOCKER Secluder.Posts: 3,710 Pool Champion
    Ive heard of it Carl, but im not sure if its strictly legal? I know of other sites who will ban for using it, but not sure about here.

Anyone else have any info?
  • VijayGunnersVijayGunners Posts: 818 Pool Expert
    I used it a years ago but for a McDonald’s app hack :o o:)
  • Carlos TalesCarlos Tales Posts: 1,398 Pool Champion
    edited January 26
    Those big Macs did used to be tasty LOL

I'm hoping to get a video demo to see how well it plays. If its not against any of MC policies to use it then this could be great for Mobile Vs PC match ups. :)
    Im playing few games now against Obel, He playing PC i'm on Mobile. Will record and post how well the game plays.
  • COOLOCKERCOOLOCKER Secluder.Posts: 3,710 Pool Champion
    Im playing few games now against Obel, He playing PC i'm on Mobile. Will record and post how well the game plays.

It would be interesting if @Obel could also record the game.
  • VijayGunnersVijayGunners Posts: 818 Pool Expert
    Those big Macs did used to be tasty LOL

I'm hoping to get a video demo to see how well it plays. If its not against any of MC policies to use it then this could be great for Mobile Vs PC match ups. :)

Not when you’d eaten McDonalds multiple times a day every day :confounded: I miss it now lol.

Looking forward to seeing the match with Obel, a dedicated thread for recorded forum matches would be good.
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Growing Old DisgracefullyPosts: 10,650 Pool Forum Veteran
    Be careful you don't get flagged for using a 3rd party app, everyone knows MC's cheat detection system was never completely reliable, not even close.
    The match played out very well. We played no guidelines but towards the end Obel's Bluestack started to update and the game awarded to me, I have the recording but Obel didn't record so we will try again later today to record a match from the PC. But the good news is it played very well and so if any PC players would like to play against any of the mobile players this is a good way of doing it.

@George Sweeper Will this break any of MC policies?
  • odlllboodlllbo Posts: 379 Pool Pro
    Pc and mobile merging... we're one step closer to the singularity :p

The pc player will still be at a disadvantage tho as it takes a while to get used to the different controls on mobile. Maybe u can also play pc version on mobile to balance it out :)
  • Deimos666Deimos666 Mobile / AndroidPosts: 588 Pool Expert
    I've heard of this for other games too, but I'd be careful knowing MC. I was tempted for another game a I play (not even a MC game), but deemed it not worth the risk; I especially wouldn't do this with a MC game! I'm guessing if anyone does, using an alt / new account would be best to minimize getting a primary suspended / banned.

It's still too bad MC hasn't gotten it to where all versions can play each other. Perhaps we all need to send them a suggestion blast so they're flooded with messages requesting this feature? lol

Hopefully you get an answer if this breaks any policies.
  • David RohrerDavid Rohrer Posts: 851 Pool Expert
    Yeah, was hoping to see if George ever piped in about this. I have several friends who don't have PCs and play mobile only here locally, and i'm not into the king kong on an android style pool playing (myself) so until we get a yea/nay, they can wait still....... shouldn't be that big of a deal if you know your "patrons" want/wish to play eachother cross-platform and they haven't implemented a way to do so, then as long as it's not doing anything nefarious like swapping accounts or coins and just straight legal gameplay it should be allowed.
    edited January 29
    Playing with a new ish account shouldn’t cause any problems if it gets banned then nothing lost. But yea would be good to know if it’s ok to use bluestacks
  • SunidhifanSunidhifan Earthbound....Posts: 6,127 Pool Forum VIP
    edited January 30
    Keep in mind, I am not affiliated with MiniClip in any way at all.....so this is nothing official by any means..... ;)

But from observation of posts, queries, activities and results...I can honestly say that MiniClip has never provided any kind of official response to this question..... :* ...They have made a few hems and haws type responses with very vague and non-committal type responses regarding bluestacks and it's use........but again, never a clear-cut response that I have seen.....at least not on the forums.... ;)

This goes back quite a few years now, and if memory serves me correct, the results have varied a lot as well......some claiming they were banned for the third-party software issue and others never having any issue....but the majority seemed to fall on the side of it being a risk the player must assume responsibility for..... In other words, if the auto-detect feature detects it as a 3rd party software violation, your account can get banned and there will be no effort to assist in recovery...which pretty much matches their replies regarding the issue..... :*

Use it at your own risk is what I took away from it...... ;) ...so probably best not to use it on a primary account.... but like you said, the worst that can happen with a new alt account is having that account get banned...... :|

X5lbOom.gif
    Hi Jeff, hope everything is going well and you have a speedy recovery. I know you are completely against alt accounts but if you did want to give this a try see how it performs it would be a pleasure to have a game or 2 against you? Indirect only of course ;)
  • SunidhifanSunidhifan Earthbound....Posts: 6,127 Pool Forum VIP
    edited January 31
    @Carlos Tales ...Thanks...not so speedy yet...at least not as speedy as I would prefer...lol....but a recovery nonetheless.... ;)

I am not completely against alt accounts per se.....I have just never seen any reason to use them personally....I think their use causes distortions in an actual account so just rather stick with my one and only....as long as others do not use them for nefarious means, I have no problem with anyone using them.... :*

And as I stated above, using bluestacks is an 'at your own risk' venture...so not willing to use mine on it.... ;) ....but maybe if after I am much more recovered, I will be willing to venture into the mobile version just for kicks....I will keep you posted as to if and when that day comes...... ;) and of course, if you are ever willing to play on PC version, would be more than happy to oblige.... :)

X5lbOom.gif
    and of course, if you are ever willing to play on PC version, would be more than happy to oblige.... :)

likewise :)
  • FeetrexFeetrex Posts: 171 Pool Pro
    in my opinions this is not against the rules everyone can play it i also tried it and it worked well
    The good thing about playing this way between platforms is that both can enjoy the same control as they are used too. Admittedly advantage would still be with mobile players as nothing will have changed for us. But for those already playing html version then I’d say it’s as close to cross platform as you can get with little difference. In fact if it plays better than html version with you having a power bar for example then why not move to playing on blustacks permanently. Benifit from all the limited ed tournaments and all the other good stuff you don’t get on either PC platform. :)
    i would literally DO THAT, if someone FROM MC would just SAY, yeah, you can do that without violating our policies/rules. The idea is to GROW YOUR COMMUNITY, MC. If this is what it takes to bring even just the FORUM folks together to play more, why would it NOT be a good thing? Maybe have development team work on that, so that you aren't losing anything in any way (if you are....) by allowing a 3rd party program to handle that for your players. Implement it yourSELVES and we'd probably ALL in here be playing more with tournaments, and MC hosted events, etc etc.......just a thought but i'd like confirmation that it is permissible before i lose my acct just by trying to have fun playing friends over here.