Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

9ball without "call pocket" is NOT a game of skill

Comments

• -Alyna-Alyna Posts: 460 Pool Pro
    edited February 3
    I can play if you want, though I have never played it so I'd lose quickly
  • christhecueballchristhecueball Posts: 289 Pool Pro
    yeah would be nice, but give me an hour to get the imagination of a feeling for the table lol
    Sure, I can wait :D
    thx lol, only i wont get much feeling playing silly 8b for an hour lol

heres the ruleset meanwhile

59qbqfj5s7ay.png

i only think bih isnt needed when potting a ball into a wrong pocket, passing turn is enough imo....aslong as you dont exploit it lolol
    thx lol, only i wont get much feeling playing silly 8b for an hour lol

heres the ruleset meanwhile

59qbqfj5s7ay.png

i only think bih isnt needed when potting a ball into a wrong pocket, passing turn is enough imo....aslong as you dont exploit it lolol

Thank you, the rules seem easy to understand
    yeah but i also need to take a look, must be about 2 years when we played last time.....
  • whalersailorwhalersailor Posts: 53 Pool Player
    I play the game to have fun. I don't give a darn what order the balls go in or what you think about my smash and hope style of play. If you don't like it - quit. Remember "If the nine isn't rolling, the nine isn't going!" Seriously folks, it's a GAME.
    I play the game to have fun. I don't give a darn what order the balls go in or what you think about my smash and hope style of play. If you don't like it - quit. Remember "If the nine isn't rolling, the nine isn't going!" Seriously folks, it's a GAME.

yeah thats right.....and some of us just like to win that game.....thats why we avoid hit and hoping lol
    gg, that was fun, but i desperatly need a cigarette (have them in the cellar lol) and to the bathroom
  • odlllboodlllbo Posts: 120 Pool Pro
    Yes completely agree Nanny. It's funny watching these players smash away at the balls when there's a perfectly runnable table or a great safety available. The fact that they'll make something more often than not makes it too tempting I guess, and when the cb travels five rails and scratches... unlucky! Of course they'll lose against more strategic players in the long run but since they rarely play more than a race to 1 it might take a while before they realize :).

I don't know if the Dallas table is available on pc yet, but it's definitely the way to go I'd say. Not to mention that bright blue cloth on the Miami table can get a bit too much imo. Darker cloths are easier on the eyes for long sessions B) :).
    joe. wrote: »
    Lol I agree. Almost every player in Miami tier tries to combo the 9 as soon as they can, even if it's just the wrong shot, too. And sometimes they'll fluke something in the process

So true :D . People will go for such low percentage shots at the 9 while all the balls are in the open. Why are they playing the game in the first place lol? Maybe there's a way to change MC coins into bitcoin that I don't know about :D .

And nice gameplay @christhecueball . One pocket has got to be the most strategic game on the felt. Cool added element with the solids n stripes version too where u can cover your opponents pockect with your balls.

If anyone on mobile wants to try one pocket I'd be up for a game :)
  • odlllboodlllbo Posts: 120 Pool Pro

I'm the same way with pick-up basketball. My teammates keep whining cuz I just throw the ball at the net as soon as I get it. Good news is I've got the court all to myself these days :p
  • CorbyCorby Posts: 446 Pool Pro
    If you as a MC 9 ball player have not developed an eye for a good simple strategy for a table run or a safety game in lieu of. You're just not doing it right. Sure, you may win once in awhile but most of us are laughing at you.
  • David RohrerDavid Rohrer Posts: 773 Pool Expert
    Corby wrote: »
    If you as a MC 9 ball player have not developed an eye for a good simple strategy for a table run or a safety game in lieu of. You're just not doing it right. Sure, you may win once in awhile but most of us are laughing at you.

Meant to say it the other day when i saw you post (or yesterday, i forget) but welcome back around. How's your "term of service" coming along?
  • CorbyCorby Posts: 446 Pool Pro

Meant to say it the other day when i saw you post (or yesterday, i forget) but welcome back around. How's your "term of service" coming along?

What "term of service" are you referring to?
  • whalersailorwhalersailor Posts: 53 Pool Player

If I, as an 82 year old have not developed a sense of humor and ways to enjoy myself, then I am in a mell of a hess. And if you are laughing, thank us fun lovers for some relief from your self righteousness. :)

If I, as an 82 year old have not developed a sense of humor and ways to enjoy myself, then I am in a mell of a hess. And if you are laughing, thank us fun lovers for some relief from your self righteousness. :)

noones laughing at you, when its your style of play then have fun with it......only most of us just see the game in a different way.......
  • G11gamingG11gaming Mr lover, lover. :)Posts: 3,761 Pool Champion
    You have your fun players, and then you have your competitive players. Nothing wrong with either, the two can get along if politeness is used.
  • ZX 10 RZX 10 R Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10RPosts: 512 Pool Expert
    The fun ones I sometimes see are level 1 beginners who can pot like a pro.
  • G11gamingG11gaming Mr lover, lover. :)Posts: 3,761 Pool Champion
    ZX 10 R wrote: »
    The fun ones I sometimes see are level 1 beginners who can pot like a pro.

Or have just started an alt account. :o :D :) :*
  • ZX 10 RZX 10 R Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10RPosts: 512 Pool Expert
    That's what I was getting at , would love to say something polite to them >:) :#