Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

Impossible position to win from or not? How would you play this?

ObelObel Posts: 76 Pool Player
edited February 10 in Community
Hi all. I met this guy who was on fire with 11 winning streak. I decided to try to stop him and starting with softbreak. As he refused to shot then i made to build this position.

qni6uehafxt9.png

How would you play on this situation?

Comments

• VijayGunnersVijayGunners Posts: 818 Pool Expert
    edited February 10
    Oh wow lol what was the end result?
  • JJoeJJoe OLD PC/MOBILE Posts: 875 Pool Expert
    With ball in hand, put CB below the 3, and a nice calculated hit and hope lol :D :D (jk, probably a few nudges that direction to tease something to happen)
  • ATG8ballpoolATG8ballpool Posts: 473 Pool Pro
    May be this is the only way :) :)
  • Carlos TalesCarlos Tales Posts: 1,398 Pool Champion
    How the heck was you able to get the balks in that position in the first place. That’s far more impressive than winning the game :joy:

Great video. I do however feel an opportunity was left for the opponent to win which didn’t need to be left and a better opponent would of taken it I’m sure.

Can anyone see where this opportunity is?
  • ObelObel Posts: 76 Pool Player
    Yes. I realized soon after i watch the video lol. He might be sleepy, combined with a glitch on last shot and a mistake made by him
    Yes I think you know what I mean. Will be interested to know if anyone else agrees or can see where the opportunity was left.
  • odlllboodlllbo Posts: 379 Pool Pro
    Haha interesting stuff. You were really in the mood to stop this guy's win streak :p must have taken ages to get the balls in that position. I admire the patience on both sides, with the opponent's strat of not shooting im suprised he didnt just leave his phone and check it once every half hour. :)

Was 5:58 his opportunity to win? Only one I can see.

And just out of curiosity, are Carl and Obel the same person?
    Omg. Definitely no :)
    Are u mobile player? Lets play some games tonight. May i know your id please?
    edited February 11
    odlllbo wrote: »
    Haha interesting stuff. You were really in the mood to stop this guy's win streak :p must have taken ages to get the balls in that position. I admire the patience on both sides, with the opponent's strat of not shooting im suprised he didnt just leave his phone and check it once every half hour. :)

I see why you think 5:58 but from that stage there was no clear way for Imran to win. The opportunity for him to win comes much later
    Haha ok nevermind then, crazy conspiracy theory :D .

I am indeed a mobile player and sure we can play some games. I'm not as good as you I suspect but I'm always happy to play better players to improve my game. My id is 120-013-652-1. What's yours so I can add u too? I cant play for long tonight tho.

And @Carlos Tales was I right about 5:58?
    edited February 11

I am indeed a mobile player and sure we can play some games. I'm not as good as you I suspect but I'm always happy to play better players to improve my game. My id is 120-013-652-1. What's yours so I can add u too? I cant play for long tonight tho.

5:58 gave him a chance to move some of his balls out but that wasn’t his game plan. His game plan was to always cover the black. We discussed this topic on an other thread where I said who ever is covering will most likely lose as shown in this game. The opportunity Imran had is shown in my video. Please realise I did only say it was an opportunity that was left which didn’t need to be left. The correct shot before moving the opponents ball away from the black would of been to pot Imran ball on the right cushion.

My demo still gives the big advantage to Obel but it could of easily worked in Imrans favour

I see why you think 5:58 but from that stage there was no clear way for Imran to win. The opportunity for him to win comes much later

The only other spot I saw was at the very end after the cb ball glitch. Tho I wouldn't be confident from that spot myself.

The reason I thought you and Obel might be the same person is cuz the video is on your YouTube channel. You guys friends?

Sure. 185 567 850 5
    Obel wrote: »

Sure. 185 567 850 5

Cool thanks. I'll message u when I have time to play for a while.

5:58 gave him a chance to move some of his balls out but that wasn’t his game plan. His game plan was to always cover the black. We discussed this topic on an other thread where I said who ever is covering will most likely lose as shown in this game. The opportunity Imran had is shown in my video. Please realise I did only say it was an opportunity that was left which didn’t need to be left. The correct shot before moving the opponents ball away from the black would of been to pot Imran ball on the right cushion.

My demo still gives the big advantage to Obel but it could of easily worked in Imrans favour

Yep that was the shot I first saw but I figured the ball wouldn't move far enough from the 8
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Growing Old DisgracefullyPosts: 10,650 Pool Forum Veteran
    Come on admit it, some of you would probably end it like this ( I know I probably would LOL )

qvw0okscm8d4.jpg
    Nanny Ogg wrote: »
    Come on admit it, some of you would probably end it like this ( I know I probably would LOL )

qvw0okscm8d4.jpg

8 ball on fire :joy: Not sure if that constitutes a bank shot or not. Lol
    Obel wrote: »
    Omg. Definitely no :)
    Are u mobile player? Lets play some games tonight. May i know your id please?

Reread this. Aggressive response :p . So are u and Carl friends? Why is ur vid on his YouTube channel?
    Is it? Lol. Sorry for that. Yes we are friends here. I dont have you tube channel so ask him to post it.
  • VijayGunnersVijayGunners Posts: 818 Pool Expert
    Great video I admire your patience lol, I had a similar game but not as bad of a layout as this and after while I got impatient and just smashed the pack and lost.
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Growing Old DisgracefullyPosts: 10,650 Pool Forum Veteran
    Great video I admire your patience lol, I had a similar game but not as bad of a layout as this and after while I got impatient and just smashed the pack and lost.

LOL see ? I was right :D