Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

New mobile platform Tournament

Carlos TalesCarlos Tales Posts: 1,398 Pool Champion
I’ve been asked by a few members on here to start a new tournament. So just for starters I’d like to ask who would like to enter? Please only say yes if you are prepared to commit to a few hours a week to get your games played.

This will be a mobile platform league tournament similar to the last one but can be open to PC players who can use Bluestacks or similar to play their matches.

We could have a very small entry fee and give a google card away to the winners unless this breaks any MC policies of course. This way people would take it more serious and to turn up for their games.

So far we have;

Carl
Alok
Obel

Comments

• ObelObel Posts: 76 Pool Player
    Small entry? Could you put some details
  • Carlos TalesCarlos Tales Posts: 1,398 Pool Champion
    Obel wrote: »

For you you would need to send me via western union £1000.00 :)
  • ObelObel Posts: 76 Pool Player
    I need to reconsider my retirement so that i can save such amounts :expressionless:
    Obel wrote: »

For you you would need to send me via western union £1000.00 :)

Only? :joy:

Hope you will be joining the tournament?

On a serious note when it comes to prize money there are 2 ways I think this could be done. Entry could be by way of a google card which gets deposited in to a new gmail account or 2/3 depending On how many prizes we have. So for example I create a gmail account and I receive the entry by way of google code which I then put in to the account. The winner would then be given the google account to spend the ballance.

The only problem with the above is that I believe the lowest amount at least in the U.K. is £5 which may be a bit too much to get people interested. I was thinking maybe just £2 entry. Or $3.

The other way is if the entry can be sent to me by PayPal. I would then go buy the cards put them in the new accounts ready for the winner to use.

It doesn’t have to be me of course who holds the money but I would be happy to do so or would be open to everyone else’s choice of account nominee

Prizes could be as follows. 10 entries. £20 entry fees
    Winner £10
    Runner up £5
    Most denials £5

• Nanny OggNanny Ogg Growing Old DisgracefullyPosts: 10,650 Pool Forum Veteran
    You might want to reconsider this guys, gambling is illegal for under 18's and in some jurisdictions the age limit is even higher.
    Are you going to ask participants for proof of age ?
    Is MC going to allow open gambling in their games ?
    This might bring them under the eye of the Gaming Board in the UK and it's equivalent in the US.
    Not a good idea to introduce gambling into an arena where children play.
    Nanny Ogg wrote: »
    You might want to reconsider this guys, gambling is illegal for under 18's and in some jurisdictions the age limit is even higher.
    Are you going to ask participants for proof of age ?
    Is MC going to allow open gambling in their games ?
    This might bring them under the eye of the Gaming Board in the UK and it's equivalent in the US.
    Not a good idea to introduce gambling into an arena where children play.

How is this any different to the 100k tournaments or even the 6 game tournament to MC release weekly. Players of all ages can pay real money to enter round 2 missing out the first round altogether or in the case of the 100k tours players need virtual pool cash to continue and the only way to get that once a player runs out is to pay real money.

Ok the winner must use the google cards to purchase in game currency. :)

But only reason I mentioned this is because several member would prefer playing for a prize. As most would prefer when entering any completion.

My friend pole dances and pays an entry fee to enter completions. Is she gambling?? Lol
    edited February 17
    I’m not totally disagreeing with you by the way which is why I first mentioned

“Unless it breaks MC policy”

If only MC could be in board for this kind of thing and put up some PC as a prize. That would solve everything and I’m sure go a long way to growing this forum.

@George Sweeper Could this be possible. To have a forum competition have have PC rewards for the winners?
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Growing Old DisgracefullyPosts: 10,650 Pool Forum Veteran
    I'm not an expert by any means, but I did work in the gambling industry for over 30 years and any form of gambling paying out real money has to be regulated or it's illegal.

I have always said that MC treads a very fine line when it comes to their competitions and I'm sure their lawyers have told them that gambling for a non-monetary prize is just on the right side of the law and there's the difference Carl... I believe your tournament would be illegal because the prizes would be real life money.
    Yes possibly that’s where the difference is. Be nice if the admins answer my question about putting up a prize which would also imo help grow the forum.
  • FeetrexFeetrex Posts: 171 Pool Pro
    i can't pay the entry fee but if i can particiapte then iam free whole day let me know if i can enter Good Luck All Guyzzz:)
    Feetrex wrote: »
    i can't pay the entry fee but if i can particiapte then iam free whole day let me know if i can enter Good Luck All Guyzzz:)

Ok entry fee is a no go. Would perhaps be too much trouble anyway. It was only suggested to ensure who ever enters wouldn’t just disappear like some did after entering the first tournament.

So it’s all for fun with free entry ;)
  • JJoeJJoe OLD PC/MOBILE Posts: 875 Pool Expert
    I'm in if it's free, or if the entry fee is just in-game currency! Keep this game 100% virtual I say, I'm a bit too tight with my money :D

Tho, saying that, I have played for money in real life pool many times before, but not the same obviously
    edited February 17
    Lol. The entry fee which was suggested was the same most of us put in a irl pool table down the local pub. But yea best keeping it free. Just hope everyone who wants in will play their games out.
    edited February 17
    Lol. The entry fee which was suggested was the same most of us put in a irl pool table down the local pub. But yea best keeping it free. Just hope everyone who wants in will play their games out.

It's mainly because I avoid all online transactions entirely, in case I get carried away and start buying stuff lol - will I try to avoid that anyway

And yes, 100% in
  • VijayGunnersVijayGunners Posts: 818 Pool Expert
    Let’s do this!
    edited February 17
    Players so far;

Carl
    Alok
    Obel
    Feetrex
    Talha
    Joe
    VJ

Maybe If we can get 16 players we could have a knockout tournament as well as a league :)
    Maybe I could give everyone odds on their chances of winning and we could all place bets??? :joy: :joy: Ok maybe not. Lol
  • FeetrexFeetrex Posts: 171 Pool Pro
    Shout to all players please if you join the tour then show some responsibility and play all the matches thanks
    Maybe I could give everyone odds on their chances of winning and we could all place bets??? :joy: :joy: Ok maybe not. Lol

:D :D :D
    If we have a knockout tournament I will draw the first round out based on games played. So it’s as random as possible and cannot be fixed.

So person with highest games played will be paired against person with lowest.

Rules for mini league will be open to suggestions :)