Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

New mobile platform Tournament

Comments

• VijayGunnersVijayGunners Posts: 820 Pool Expert
    Hopefully everyone can get there games played.

The previous tour is still running isn’t it? :joy:
  • Carlos TalesCarlos Tales Posts: 1,398 Pool Champion
    Hopefully everyone can get there games played.

The previous tour is still running isn’t it? :joy:

That was 2017 tournament. Lol. Shame it didn’t get finished. Fingers crossed this one plays out better plus can include PC players by using bluestacks.

I would like to suggest a rule when playing against PC player on Bluestacks to even the playing field up slightly. And that is the Mobile player needs to use the Classic cue or a lesser powered cue
  • FeetrexFeetrex Posts: 171 Pool Pro
    iam excited for this one
  • JJoeJJoe OLD PC/MOBILE Posts: 877 Pool Expert
    I will play my games on mobile btw, even though I'm a PC player lol. I'm not good at all on mobile, but will get more enjoyment out of the games than struggling with Bluestacks haha
  • odlllboodlllbo Posts: 388 Pool Pro
    I'd be down to play depending on when the match times are. If there's a bit of flexibility there then I see no problem :)

Would they be single games? Best of 3?
    odlllbo wrote: »
    I'd be down to play depending on when the match times are. If there's a bit of flexibility there then I see no problem :)

I imagine it'll be a longer race, of at least 7? idk
  • FeetrexFeetrex Posts: 171 Pool Pro
    i was pure pc player but now i love mobile
    JJoe wrote: »

Ah yea that makes more sense. So i guess each pairing plays their races on one day then waits to play their next match the following day. And so on.

Sounds good to me :) Maybe races to 5 might be best for people's schedules tho.
    JJoe wrote: »

Ah yea that makes more sense. So i guess each pairing plays their races on one day then waits to play their next match the following day. And so on.

Sounds good to me :) Maybe races to 5 might be best for people's schedules tho.

I'll wait for Carl's reply ahah, but probably a weekly schedule?
  • G11gamingG11gaming Rock out :BPosts: 4,555 Pool Champion
    Feetrex wrote: »

I was pure mobile, now i'm pro pc. @";"Carlos Tales" nice ideas, would love to participate but i can never manage to time as i only play mobile mon - fri at varying times of the day. So good luck everyone. :*
    Yea weekly works too. I guess the more time u give for people to play their matches the less likely they are to flake :)
    edited February 17
    G11gaming wrote: »

I was pure mobile, now i'm pro pc. @";"Carlos Tales" nice ideas, would love to participate but i can never manage to time as i only play mobile mon - fri at varying times of the day. So good luck everyone. :*
    Yea weekly works too. I guess the more time u give for people to play their matches the less likely they are to flake :)

If you can commit to playing at least 2 matches a week that would be good enough to participate. Last time there was a few noobs who wanted to join then didn’t see them on line again.

Playing times can be organised between ourselves so no set time need to be set.

Playing RT 5 in tournament does seem like a good balance to give either player time to recover should they have a scratch or dry break etc plus only takes a max time of 45 mins to play.

We could just play the side knockout tournament with Monaco rules but the player who is leading needing to bank the black to win the match. I played this with Feetrex one time and works well. But open to all suggestions.

If you can commit to playing at least 2 matches a week that would be good enough to participate. Last time there was a few noobs who wanted to join then didn’t see them on line again.

Playing times can be organised between ourselves so no set time need to be set.

Playing RT 5 in tournament does seem like a good balance to give either player time to recover should they have a scratch or dry break etc plus only takes a max time of 45 mins to play.

We could just play the side knockout tournament with Monaco rules but the player who is leading needing to bank the black to win the match. I played this with Feetrex one time and works well. But open to all suggestions.

Yea race to 5 and two matches a week sounds good. Would have a 16 player tournament done in two weeks or less, or even 32 player if there's enough interest.

What's the side knockout tourny? Is that like a modified double elimination or wildcard format?
    edited February 17
    Just straight knockout like it is in Barcelona etc. But to chose who plays who to make it as random as drawing it out of a hat I mentioned choosing from games played. Person with most games played paired with person with least or could use forum posts

Ah right. Yea any method to make it random is good. There's plenty of online random number generators so could always do that too. Whatever's easiest.

So looks like there's some interest already, hopefully by tomorrow theres 16 or even 32 people interested and the deets can be worked out :)

@Carlos Tales what we could do with here is a list of all mobile players ID or gaming name so we can hook up with a lot easier? I've only got you and Vijay on my list. :)
    @Carlos Tales what we could do with here is a list of all mobile players ID or gaming name so we can hook up with a lot easier? I've only got you and Vijay on my list. :)

Yes we can do that for sure. When I create the league I’ll also list everyone ID’s if that’s ok with everyone.

So are you in?

Yes we can do that for sure. When I create the league I’ll also list everyone ID’s if that’s ok with everyone.

So are you in?

Yes I am ... B)
    Carl. 1160388833
    Alok. 1130383177
    Obel. 1855678505
    Feetrex. 1331344373
    Talha. 1569691575
    Joe. 1262972515
    VJ. 1144135239
    Odlllbo. 1200136521
    G11. 1715350861

Looking good. Be great to get at least 7 more :)
  • The ScobesterThe Scobester Posts: 2,711 Pool Champion
    Scobe is in with original pc account. 1104826845. :)