Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

New mobile platform Tournament

Comments

• ATG8ballpoolATG8ballpool Posts: 473 Pool Pro
    I’ve been asked by a few members on here to start a new tournament. So just for starters I’d like to ask who would like to enter? Please only say yes if you are prepared to commit to a few hours a week to get your games played.

This will be a mobile platform league tournament similar to the last one but can be open to PC players who can use Bluestacks or similar to play their matches.

We could have a very small entry fee and give a google card away to the winners unless this breaks any MC policies of course. This way people would take it more serious and to turn up for their games.

So far we have;

Carl
    Alok
    Obel

<3 <3 <3
    Feetrex wrote: »
    Shout to all players please if you join the tour then show some responsibility and play all the matches thanks

Exactly,and i think that is the only reason Carl suggested a entry fee ....
    G11gaming wrote: »
    Feetrex wrote: »
    i was pure pc player but now i love mobile

I was pure mobile, now i'm pro pc. @";"Carlos Tales" nice ideas, would love to participate but i can never manage to time as i only play mobile mon - fri at varying times of the day. So good luck everyone. :*
    odlllbo wrote: »
    Yea weekly works too. I guess the more time u give for people to play their matches the less likely they are to flake :)

If you can commit to playing at least 2 matches a week that would be good enough to participate. Last time there was a few noobs who wanted to join then didn’t see them on line again.

Playing times can be organised between ourselves so no set time need to be set.

Playing RT 5 in tournament does seem like a good balance to give either player time to recover should they have a scratch or dry break etc plus only takes a max time of 45 mins to play.

We could just play the side knockout tournament with Monaco rules but the player who is leading needing to bank the black to win the match. I played this with Feetrex one time and works well. But open to all suggestions.

I think the tournament should be time bound it cannot go on and on for months...before the start of the tournament the rules and regulations must be chalk out properly which I believe you will...
  • ObelObel Posts: 76 Pool Player
    Which room will be used for this tourney? I suggest Beijing if possible
  • Carlos TalesCarlos Tales Posts: 1,399 Pool Champion
    Obel wrote: »

I personally believe using Beijing is a mistake and would put players off from joining. I’d prefer a new thread being created for a no guideline tournament rather than make this a no guideline line tournament. It’s just a format that isn’t played as much so I don’t see a good enough reason to use it?

What does everyone else think?

Can I have everyone’s vote please for one of the following;

Tournament to be

1. Direct
    2. Berlin rules
    3. Indirect
    4. No guidelines
    5. 2 rounds 1st direct - 2nd (one of the others)
  • ObelObel Posts: 76 Pool Player
    Berlin rules, race to 5, Moscow or Jakarta

I personally believe using Beijing is a mistake and would put players off from joining. I’d prefer a new thread being created for a no guideline tournament rather than make this a no guideline line tournament. It’s just a format that isn’t played as much so I don’t see a good enough reason to use it?

Tournament to be

1. Direct
    2. Berlin rules
    3. Indirect
    4. No guidelines

May be option no.2 or no.4. ..
    Carl. 1160388833. (5) direct + Berlin
    Alok. 1130383177. (2).
    Obel. 1855678505. (2)
    Feetrex. 1331344373
    Talha. 1569691575
    Joe. 1262972515
    VJ. 1144135239
    Odlllbo. 1200136521
    G11. 1715350861
    Scobe 1104826845
  • VijayGunnersVijayGunners Posts: 823 Pool Expert
    edited February 18
    1 or 2

If you can chose 1? Same for you Alok. Would you prefer option 2 or 4?

I think vote 5 would make the tournament go on for too long so I will change my vote to 1
  • JJoeJJoe OLD PC/MOBILE Posts: 878 Pool Expert

Tournament to be

1. Direct
    2. Berlin rules
    3. Indirect
    4. No guidelines

Berlin rules sounds good to me, but then again I've never played in berlin or rome, and am fairly bad at indirect shots but it's a nice change. So 2
  • VijayGunnersVijayGunners Posts: 823 Pool Expert
    edited February 18
    1 or 2

I think vote 5 would make the tournament go on for too long so I will change my vote to 1

I thought 1 would make the games finish quicker but I don’t mind Berlin rules although I’ve been playing at around 40% win rate in Berlin recently, yikes! :s

Edit: regarding cues, maybe post the max stats allowed. for eg. 3-3-3-3 or less
  • odlllboodlllbo Posts: 396 Pool Pro
    I guess my official vote would be option 1 as it's the one most people play so would prob encourage more players to join (not just cuz I'm rubbish at indirect :p) but I'll gladly play any style that people prefer.
  • David RohrerDavid Rohrer Posts: 851 Pool Expert
    if by berlin you mean bankshot on 8 i'm cool with that
    1 or 2

• WilburWilbur Posts: 278 Pool Pro
    edited February 20
    @Carlos Tales, Not sure how this works but would like to learn and play. you can email me with specifics so i know how and what to do.
    Thanks

Post edited by AlisaNTonik on
    edited February 18
    Welcome to the tournament David and Wilbur.

Wilbur I’ll send you an email or can PM you in here to explain everything once it’s sll been decided. Just for starters can you confirm if you’d like to play direct style as per what you would play in any tier accept Rome and Berlin. Or if you would like to play Berlin rule which means banking the black in a named pocket to win. If black goes in any other pocket or does not bank the game is awarded to your opponent.

So far we have 3 votes direct and 4 votes Berlin style
  • G11gamingG11gaming Rock out :BPosts: 4,555 Pool Champion
    My vote #1 .... not too good at banks and indirect, not to say that i can't do either lol, but yeah a good old fashioned straight pool game for me ( where's the chalk and triangle ) :D . :blush:
  • David RohrerDavid Rohrer Posts: 851 Pool Expert
    G11gaming wrote: »
    My vote #1 .... not too good at banks and indirect, not to say that i can't do either lol, but yeah a good old fashioned straight pool game for me ( where's the chalk and triangle ) :D . :blush:

cough*lightweight*cough :D
  • WilburWilbur Posts: 278 Pool Pro
    I like to play in Rome and Berlin. Mostly play Rome tho. I think the players that play Berlin come there to practice on their game, meaning they would try some shot that they wouldn't in Berlin. :)

I think the play in Berlin is a little stronger as it should be considering the amount of coins on the line. I play direct but like having to bank the 8 ball (maybe have to double bank or double rail kick in on 8 would be cool too). Will play indirect but my play would not be as strong. :)

I play for the enjoyment of the game (still want to win!! lol )