Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

New mobile platform Tournament

Comments

• ATG8ballpoolATG8ballpool Posts: 473 Pool Pro
    Obel wrote: »
    Hi Carlos. What about allowable cues for the event?

Million dollar question???
    COOLOCKER wrote: »
    Hi Carlos. What about allowable cues for the event?

Million dollar question???Let's have a poll..

Dont want to poke my nose into something im not involved in, but how about the standard cue? Everyone will be on the same footing, and it will boil down to who is the best using it?

My choice would be beginner Cue...
  • Carlos TalesCarlos Tales Posts: 1,399 Pool Champion
    Yes. No restriction. For the sake of Carlos :D :D

Funny. And just for that I’ll play my match against you using the beginners cue and you can use your hack invincible cue. :D

You forget my 124/125 WS playing with just sheep cue. B) So restricting cues would actually be an advantage to me TBH

But let’s see what others think

• ObelObel Posts: 76 Pool Player
    Yeah. You should arrange a schedule so that we meet early in the preliminary round :D
    Your past 124 ws wont help after all
  • G11gamingG11gaming Rock out :BPosts: 4,555 Pool Champion
    No restrictions. :+1:
  • VijayGunnersVijayGunners Posts: 823 Pool Expert
    Although I’d prefer using my own cue a neutral cue would make it a level playing field.
  • odlllboodlllbo Posts: 396 Pool Pro
    So first off I think we should wait till we have 16 players or at least give it a couple days as I'm sure not everyone checks the forum on a daily basis. And also make sure everyone who's signed up so far is still in and gets a vote on the cue and game style (haven't seen Alok post yet).

So we're still doing race to 5 I take it? If so I think win by 2, as opposed to 2 consecutive, makes the most sense.

For the table I'm good with Jakarta unless coins are an issue for anyone in which case I'd say play any table u like (just no red tables please :)). Don't wanna discourage anyone from from joining cuz of coins.

I like the bank the 8 on final game rule. Just have to make sure everyone remembers as that's something I can see myself forgetting on the final game.

As for the cue my vote would be for any cue if both players agree or standard cue otherwise.

And also if a player times out I think the other player should run the clock and give the shot back (tho I'm bias cuz I'm a slow player :) ).
  • WilburWilbur Posts: 278 Pool Pro
    I have a question. What is standard cue? I ask this because i looked under standard cue in the cue"s menu and saw a list of several. Example: Soccer, Skull, Candy, Gunman, Millionaire, Multi Millionaire and Billionaire are listed under Standard on my menu. Not sure if others are different.

I have mostly used the legendary cues and not paid attention to other cues.

What is standard cue?
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Growing Old DisgracefullyPosts: 10,653 Pool Forum Veteran
    Wilbur wrote: »
    I have a question. What is standard cue? I ask this because i looked under standard cue in the cue"s menu and saw a list of several. Example: Soccer, Skull, Candy, Gunman, Millionaire, Multi Millionaire and Billionaire are listed under Standard on my menu. Not sure if others are different.

I have mostly used the legendary cues and not paid attention to other cues.

What is standard cue?

There is an actual "Standard Cue" although I'm not sure it's available to buy anymore, but for the sake of parity any cue with 3-3-3-x stats would be considered a "standard" cue.
    76zymqu2zwvb.png

This is the one i have. I got it ages ago tho so like Nanny said it might not be available any longer and any 333x cue will suffice.
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Growing Old DisgracefullyPosts: 10,653 Pool Forum Veteran
    By the way, whatever rules and regulations are finally decided upon, since Carl was kind enough to ask me to make a choice on the draw criteria I hope you won't mind but I would like to wish you all the best of luck going forward :)
    Obel. 1855678505. (2). 41.3k
    Alyna 2132980841 (2). 26.8
    Carl. 1160388833. (1). 26k
    Alok. 1130383177. (2). 20.1k
    Odlllbo. 1200136521. (1). 19.9k
    VJ. 1144135239 (1). 13k
    Feetrex. 1331344373. TBC. 12.2k
    Joe. 1262972515 (2). 10.6k
    Talha. 1569691575 (2). 5.7k
    G11. 1715350861. (1). 4.7k
    Scobe 1104826845 (2). 4.4k
    David. (2)
    Wilbur (2)

David, Wilbur. Please add your unique ID and total games played.

Everyone else please check to make sure I’ve not made any mistake with your info
    @Carlos ID# 240-560-583-3 games played 12,752

I tried looking up some of the id #s and got a not found??
    @Carlos , I do not have the standard cue. Please look at my cues and let me know which one i can use. I did not see a 3-3-3

closes cue i have is the Sheep Cue 3-4-3
    edited February 19
    odlllbo wrote: »
    So first off I think we should wait till we have 16 players or at least give it a couple days as I'm sure not everyone checks the forum on a daily basis. And also make sure everyone who's signed up so far is still in and gets a vote on the cue and game style (haven't seen Alok post yet).

So we're still doing race to 5 I take it? If so I think win by 2, as opposed to 2 consecutive, makes the most sense.

For the table I'm good with Jakarta unless coins are an issue for anyone in which case I'd say play any table u like (just no red tables please :)). Don't wanna discourage anyone from from joining cuz of coins.

I like the bank the 8 on final game rule. Just have to make sure everyone remembers as that's something I can see myself forgetting on the final game.

As for the cue my vote would be for any cue if both players agree or standard cue otherwise.

And also if a player times out I think the other player should run the clock and give the shot back (tho I'm bias cuz I'm a slow player :) ).

I am in,eagerly waiting for the tournament to begin and my vote is for Beginner cue since very one is having it..I have already added you...
    Yeah. You should arrange a schedule so that we meet early in the preliminary round :D
    Your past 124 ws wont help after all

Clash of the titans is in store...
    odlllbo wrote: »

I am in,eagerly waiting for the tournament to begin and my vote is for Beginner cue since very one is having it..I have already added you...

Nice. Just realized that ur Alok, thought u just hadn't posted yet. We're only 3 away from 16 then. We could always play with 13 and 3 byes as it's just a bit of fun anyway but in a 4 round tourney a bye means ur 2 matches from the final before u even start :)

I'll gladly play with the beginner cue if my opponent wants but if 2 players both want to play any cue in their match I don't see a problem with that.
  • G11gamingG11gaming Rock out :BPosts: 4,555 Pool Champion
    @Wilbur I just looked under the " standard tab " and it's not showing for me either. I see the beginner cue in the " owned tab " maybe soccer cue is standard now !?
    ****! is there two threads going? lol

I posted about cues and now don't see it? If someone can copy paste link i would appreciate it. ;)
    G11gaming wrote: »
    @Wilbur I just looked under the " standard tab " and it's not showing for me either. I see the beginner cue in the " owned tab " maybe soccer cue is standard now !?

I looked also, Soccer cue is 1-1-1 ,, the sheep cue i have is 3-4-3 closes thing to the 3-3-3

edited February 19
    As the tournament admin if you like. Lol. I’m going to put the cue business to bed. After carefully considering all the feedback from many of you I believe it’s best to use what ever cue you like. It will be the one I’m sure your most familiar with so no one should gain or lose an advantage. Playing with the beginner cue would just be boring imo. May as well say you cant use side or more than half power.

This tournament is all about having fun. We don’t need to re write the rule book in an attempt to even up any playing fields.

What I will say is if anyone wants to play their matches against me and both use the standard cue then I’ll be more than happy to do this.

@Wilbur Sounds like you are searching incorrectly. You need to select friends icon. Then invite friends. Then I put the ID’s in the new search bar you see