Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
If you are not currently able to login via Facebook login, please right click on the Facebook icon and choose the option to "open in a new tab". Thank you for understanding
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

Mobile Device of Choice for 8 Ball? - Phone? - Tablet? - Size?

RollYour RockRollYour Rock Posts: 259 Pool Pro
Just curious what device you've chosen to play this silly game.

I'm guessing most of the junkies here play on tablets. - Would that be a valid assumption?

Has anyone tried an iPad Pro with the pencil?

Comments

• VijayGunnersVijayGunners Posts: 885 Pool Expert
    I play on an iPhone and I do end up squinting on long shots, much easier on my iPad Air 2 but i rarely play it on there.
  • ΣXτIПζτΣXτIПζτ Posts: 100 Pool Pro

I'm guessing most of the junkies here play on tablets. - Would that be a valid assumption?

I play on a much more superior Samsung Galaxy s8 not regular size but plus. Extra size helps alot when lining up the long shots.
  • RollYour RockRollYour Rock Posts: 259 Pool Pro

I play on a much more superior Samsung Galaxy s8 not regular size but plus. Extra size helps alot when lining up the long shots.

Okay... here we go! :D

• ΣXτIПζτΣXτIПζτ Posts: 100 Pool Pro

Okay... here we go! :D

LOL, had to do it.
  • Jim SheppardJim Sheppard Posts: 21 Pool Player
    Took me a while to adjust...but I moved all my play from Desktop 8-ball to iPad 9-ball. I found play on my iPhone to be a waste of time as the screen is just too small.
  • whalersailorwhalersailor Posts: 113 Pool Pro
    Amazon Fire 8 inch tablet with stylus. Very easy to sight line every shot with device in one hand. Oh yeah. $50 when on sale.
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Growing Old DisgracefullyPosts: 10,889 Pool Forum Veteran
    edited March 13
    PC with a 40 inch 4k screen... and seriously considering upgrading to a 65 inch BFGD monitor if and when they go on sale this year.

Edit. I know, I know, OP said mobile but I ain't passing up the chance to show off my huge equipment LOL
  • Tálhá SájjádTálhá Sájjád UnknownsvillePosts: 672 Pool Expert
    NOKIA 3310 - the best device for playing 8bp. If you lose, you can hit the opponent with the device. :D
  • VijayGunnersVijayGunners Posts: 885 Pool Expert
    Nanny Ogg wrote: »
    PC with a 40 inch 4k screen... and seriously considering upgrading to a 65 inch BFGD monitor if and when they go on sale this year.

Edit. I know, I know, OP said mobile but I ain't passing up the chance to show off my huge equipment LOL

Impressive :D
    Amazon Fire 8 inch tablet with stylus. Very easy to sight line every shot with device in one hand. Oh yeah. $50 when on sale.

Did you find the stylus easier to control the aiming process? - My XL hands quite often get in the way of things!
    NOKIA 3310 - the best device for playing 8bp. If you lose, you can hit the opponent with the device. :D

I can't remember, is that the one with a dial?
    edited March 13

I won't dare ask about the "BFGD"

:D :D They say it stands for Big Format Gaming Display, although I call it something different... similar but more expressive LOL
  • Tálhá SájjádTálhá Sájjád UnknownsvillePosts: 672 Pool Expert
    edited March 13

:D :D They say it stands for Big Format Gaming Display, although I call it something different... similar but more expressive LOL

Big Fing Giaming Display?

Bothering Flustering Gimmicky Display?

No silly, you only need to change one word to make it truly and accurately descriptive LOL

Big Fing Giaming Display?

Now we're on the same page LOL
  • !Murray!Murray Posts: 89 Pool Player
    I play on a 5s. I don't have any problems aiming, etc
  • JJoeJJoe OLD PC/MOBILE Posts: 958 Pool Expert
    PC - Laptop

Mobile - Phone (Sony Android)

Wish I had a tablet to play it on though, as I find aiming so hard on mobile
    !Murray wrote: »
    I play on a 5s. I don't have any problems aiming, etc

You play on a 5s! :o - Now that's impressive! Murray, you must be 19 with 6/3 vision. :)
    JJoe wrote: »
    PC - Laptop

Mobile - Phone (Sony Android)

Wish I had a tablet to play it on though, as I find aiming so hard on mobile

Yes, me too Joe!