Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

9-ball tournament (Mobile)

طلحہ سجادطلحہ سجاد UnknownsvillePosts: 629 Pool Expert
I guess, it's time for a different type of tournament i.e. 9-ball tourney.
It would be a knockout tournament or a league (subject to the number of players interested)
The matches shall be played at dallas table which requires calling pockets on all shots. The length of every match will be rt5.
NOTE:
Timer is ignored. Cue should be returned in case of time-out.
Any cue can be used.

Comments

• JJoeJJoe UKPosts: 778 Pool Expert
  • Carlos TalesCarlos Tales Posts: 1,339 Pool Champion
  • sizzzlersizzzler Posts: 47 Pool Player
    prolly cant play this week, depends on format, but maybe next one.

q: if you're sinking the 9 early, do you call pocket for the 9 or for the lowball?
    sizzzler wrote: »

q: if you're sinking the 9 early, do you call pocket for the 9 or for the lowball?

You wouldn’t usually be trying to pot both balls?
  • Obel PutiahObel Putiah Posts: 39 Pool Player
    Please add me too
    Obel Mudo wrote: »
    Please add me too

There’s a chance you may finish top 4 of this tournament :joy:
  • طلحہ سجادطلحہ سجاد UnknownsvillePosts: 629 Pool Expert
    We've got 4 players, only :#

of course - why not?

ok, so you want to play balls in order? and only one at a time allowed?
  • *Cheetah Girl**Cheetah Girl* Queen Bee Posts: 3,190 Pool Champion
    Quick question for all you mobile player. When you play on your mobile everyday, doesn't your mobile die less then a year?
  • Obel PutiahObel Putiah Posts: 39 Pool Player
    Please add me too

That's what am looking for B)
    edited March 26

of course - why not?

That’s not what I said if you care to read my post properly. If your going for the 9 ball early you won’t be aiming your shot usually to pot both balls so the nominated pocket will be where you expect the 9 ball to land. Unless you are going for both balls and if one is more risky than the other then you pick the less risky pocket. I wasn’t tying to be funny I was just saying usually attempting to pot the 9 ball early you’ll be potting just the 9 ball by way of cannon or another billiard type shot.
    Please add me too

British humour wasted on you pair :joy:
  • The ScobesterThe Scobester Posts: 2,653 Pool Champion
    Scobe is in, question is Miami or Dallas or both, good for a wee change, hey Talha does the winner get a free
    from mc donalds. :p
    Scobe is in, question is Miami or Dallas or both, good for a wee change, hey Talha does the winner get a free
    from mc donalds. :p

Aye, Scobeey. IDK if the winner would get a free ___ from McDonald's or not, but if I mention that thing here i would be gone, again. :D

3 more players needed to start this tourni :tongue:
    Please add me too

British humour wasted on you pair :joy:

:joy:

of course - why not?

That’s not what I said if you care to read my post properly. If your going for the 9 ball early you won’t be aiming your shot usually to pot both balls so the nominated pocket will be where you expect the 9 ball to land. Unless you are going for both balls and if one is more risky than the other then you pick the less risky pocket. I wasn’t tying to be funny I was just saying usually attempting to pot the 9 ball early you’ll be potting just the 9 ball by way of cannon or another billiard type shot.

Best shot is to sink both, obviously.

So q still not answered: if you are sinking both, which one do you call pocket on?
    If you are confident enough to pot both, then you could nominate the pocket for either of the balls.
    edited March 30

of course - why not?

Best shot is to sink both, obviously.

So q still not answered: if you are sinking both, which one do you call pocket on?

Q was answered and I dont agree with you and certainly not obvious both balls will be potted. Maybe less than 1in 10 attempts would both balls be deliberately potted. . By attempting to pot the 9 early 100% of the focus is doing just that and one would never usually worry about potting the other ball so it’s obvious the pocket you nominate is the one that the 9 ball will be sunk unless as I mentioned earlier that you are attempting the 1 in 10 shot and the 9 ball pot is only a half chance whereas the other is more or less guaranteed.

So let’s look at ways of potting the 9 ball early. Example 1. Hitting the next numbered ball on to the 9 ball. (Not likely you would be potting both balls)

Example 2. Aiming object ball at precise angle as to deflect in to the the 9 ball to pot in to the nominated pocket. (Again no reason to be trying to pot both balls here )

Please share with me what other examples you have where you attempt to pot 9 ball early and why both balls being potted is so important to you?
  • RollYour RockRollYour Rock Posts: 152 Pool Pro
    edited April 1
    Carl, you've overlooked a cue ball billiard (deflection) off the lowest numbered ball into the 9-ball.

Not a particularly rare scenario where potting both balls would be a realistic possibility.

BTW, please consider me for your 9-Ball Tournament. :)

Carl, you've overlooked a cue ball billiard (deflection) off the lowest numbered ball into the 9-ball.

Not a particularly rare scenario where potting both balls would be a realistic possibility.

That’s my example 2. And all Im saying is it’s rare and never needed to pot both balls. All accept a follow through in example 1 and only if the deflect path in example 2 takes the lowest numbered ball in to a pocket. But you wouldn’t risk that, all you’d be aiming for is a precise hit on the 9 ball to pot that ball in the nominated pocket.
  • RollYour RockRollYour Rock Posts: 152 Pool Pro

That’s my example 2. And all Im saying is it’s rare and never needed to pot both balls. All accept a follow through in example 1 and only if the deflect path in example 2 takes the lowest numbered ball in to a pocket. But you wouldn’t risk that, all you’d be aiming for is a precise hit on the 9 ball to pot that ball in the nominated pocket.

Huh... Carl, me thinks you left out a key word in your #2 example, but that's beside the fact...

This begs the question... why the need for call-shot 9 ball in the first place?