Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
If you are not currently able to login via Facebook login, please right click on the Facebook icon and choose the option to "open in a new tab". Thank you for understanding
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

what would you do?

Comments

• christhecueballchristhecueball Posts: 469 Pool Pro
    edited May 28
    defense...... blocking top right via long rail and trying to contact with the 13 should be the winning shot
  • Nineballina GeNineballina Ge Posts: 593 Pool Expert
    cover top right pocket with 3 ball

then it depends if he wants to play sensible or come up with some random madness, but there's very little he can do with his 13 now and in the battle of the 2 and 9 with our ball over the pocket we've got a massive advantage

worst case scenario somehow we ruin the 2 and 9 battle and he pots his 9 very tricky for him to pot his 13

then you wanna attack, and open up the 2 and 9, with our 3 over the pocket and his 13 where it is the last thing he wants is our 2 out in the open, it's virtual game over so will force him to do something desperate

• odlllboodlllbo Posts: 440 Pool Pro
    Yeah I think the 3 over the pocket is what I ended up playing . Only problem with that shot is if we misjudge the speed we're in big trouble because the 13 is set up perfect for the breakout of the 9 2. And if we leave the 3 between the 13 and the pocket in a spot where it can be combo or caromed in by our opponent then we're also in trouble.

The offensive route I was considering was playing the 3 into the top side pocket and running the cb around 2 or 3 rails for the breakout. Only question with this option is whether we can avoid the bottom right pocket by going either above or below it. If so It looks like a natural path into the 2 9.
    odlllbo wrote: »
    Yeah I think the 3 over the pocket is what I ended up playing . Only problem with that shot is if we misjudge the speed we're in big trouble because the 13 is set up perfect for the breakout of the 9 2. And if we leave the 3 between the 13 and the pocket in a spot where it can be combo or caromed in by our opponent then we're also in trouble.

The offensive route I was considering was playing the 3 into the top side pocket and running the cb around 2 or 3 rails for the breakout. Only question with this option is whether we can avoid the bottom right pocket by going either above or below it. If so It looks like a natural path into the 2 9.

thats why i said try to contact the 13, when you are a tad slow you still block the hole and when you are a tad quick the 13 might help you!

im unsure if we really have the path here, to me it looks like we cant avoid the cornerpocket here......even when we avoid it, the split isnt guaranteed here and i see no need to go offensive here, we are big favs in that game without risking it.......

thats why i said try to contact the 13, when you are a tad slow you still block the hole and when you are a tad quick the 13 might help you!

im unsure if we really have the path here, to me it looks like we cant avoid the cornerpocket here......even when we avoid it, the split isnt guaranteed here and i see no need to go offensive here, we are big favs in that game without risking it.......

I like contacting the 13 for sure. Gives us a bit more margin for error with the speed. Still feels to me like there's a decent chance we leave the 13 to 3 combo on after tho. I guess if we go for as thick a hit as possible on the 13 that should maximize our chances.

If I work up the patience to position the balls I'll try setting it up on the practice table and try it a few times. That and the offensive shot cuz I'm not sure we can avoid the pocket either.
    i´d need to see the guideline off the ball and i could tell you lol

there's no line in real life! ;)

"boooooooo!" lol

"boooooooo!" lol

ya know, in real life i have 3 dimensions.......

"boooooooo!" lol

ya know, in real life i have 3 dimensions.......

i'm often told i have one
    K finally got around to setting up the offensive option shot (from most recent wwyd) on the practice table :).

I set the balls up as close as i could, noticed after that the ball in my set up is about half a ball further down table than in the original but I'm pretty sure it doesn't make much difference. I added a touch of right so I think a centre ball hit on the original 3 ball position would get the job done
  • -Alyna-Alyna 80.9% Posts: 884 Pool Expert
    Nice shot odlllbo
    yep, that's about as attacking an option as you can get lol

brilliantly executed though, nice seeing it come to life like that after discussing a whole range of different theoretical options
    -Alyna wrote: »
    Nice shot odlllbo

yep, that's about as attacking an option as you can get lol

brilliantly executed though, nice seeing it come to life like that after discussing a whole range of different theoretical options

Haha no hedging our bets on this one

Cheers :) The way the ball stayed on the top rail for a perfect line on the 2 was a nice bonus as well. Even more satisfying:)
    So i found this one from a while back, pretty sure i know what we're supposed to do here, and actually remember what i did, which i think was the correct play, but i was overloaded with about 3 or 4 great options i could think of, pretty sure i went for the easiest/correct one, but just wanted to make sure, thoughts?.................

lza2g5freac3.png
    So i found this one from a while back, pretty sure i know what we're supposed to do here, and actually remember what i did, which i think was the correct play, but i was overloaded with about 3 or 4 great options i could think of, pretty sure i went for the easiest/correct one, but just wanted to make sure, thoughts?.................

lza2g5freac3.png

Are we stripes or solids?

If stripes we could pot the 13 in top right and spin it back into the 14. My only worry would be running out of time before I could get the cb into the right spot.
  • talha899ttalha899t Posts: 243 Pool Pro

lza2g5freac3.png

Easy peasy lemon squeazy

Join the 11 with the bottom rail making sure that the cue ball lands in the are between both of the stripes. Opponent's snookered, either he will smash or will give you a bih again. If he fouls again, just use the bih to pot his brown. He's snookered again. Again, if he fouls. Use the bih to hit the red and sink the green. Pot 11, pot 8 and you've won 50 thousand coins.
    edited June 6
    since we already have bih we pot the 7 and snooker him on the 1.......
    i dont like the split since the 14 will stay very likely on the rail and the white could end up ugly since we surely dont wanna split full power here

edit: tbh i´d prolly go for the split since im a sporty person.....doesnt change the fact that the safety is the right shot here :D
    haha yeah thought there was a few different option for this, and at the time i was a bit over excited with all the different options, so in order of how you guys posted i went for option no3

pot the 7 off the 13 ball leaving the white behind the 14, which i very nearly over did in my excitement lol and thought the white was peeking out enough for him to see his 1 ball, it wasnt and we won the game, but yeah the reason i posted it because i did think there was several different ways to play this

@odlllbo i'm glad i'm not the only one that finds this tricky, i know the white as we're seeing it in bih situation is supposed to represent the white ball, so we move it to judge where we want it to go but if the phantom white ball is so big it's getting in the way of us seeing other balls that we're trying to line it up with, what then do we just guess? lol

@talha899t i was thinking about something like this, knowing my luck oppo smashes in an icred bank shot trying to pot his 1 and ends up snookering me lol, but this was the shot i was thinking about, like @odlllbo said so fiddly trying to line his shot up, and yours was what came to mind, then i decided on @christhecueball 's shot, just seemed the easiest and simple to me

i thought it was probably the right shot, and was hoping everyone didnt unanimously agree on something else that was ridic obvious that i missed lol
    Yeah looking again Chris' shot is prob best option cause of the awkward leave on the 14 with the breakout. Just gotta make sure we get the cb far enough off the bottom rail so we don't leave the rail-first shot on the 1 past the 11. That is until MC comes out with a jump cue :D
    Yeah looking again Chris' shot is prob best option cause of the awkward leave on the 14 with the breakout. Just gotta make sure we get the cb far enough off the bottom rail so we don't leave the rail-first shot on the 1 past the 11. That is until MC comes out with a jump cue :D

lol, can see it happening, for £79.99 obv