Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

Hunter cue Moonlight Madness

d4ve_tvd4ve_tv Posts: 52 Pool Player
af9qdfucpsnb.jpg

So what do you think of today's limited time offer (about 5 hours left) of Hunter cue FAST 5-6-5-6 for $2.99USD with 78K coins and 62 cash?!? I'm curious what the recharge is on this cue? Anyone know?

TIA

Comments

• Nanny OggNanny Ogg Growing Old DisgracefullyPosts: 10,503 Pool Forum Veteran
    Several people have previously mentioned that the lack of information on the recharge fee is a complete deal breaker when it comes to buying these "special offers", and I couldn't agree more.
    I wonder what they are trying to hide ?
  • d4ve_tvd4ve_tv Posts: 52 Pool Player
    Nanny Ogg wrote: »
    Several people have previously mentioned that the lack of information on the recharge fee is a complete deal breaker when it comes to buying these "special offers", and I couldn't agree more.
    I wonder what they are trying to hide ?

Couldn't agree with you more @Nanny Ogg. I suppose for those in the upper echelon of 8 pool-dom with loads of cash, coins and real cash it wouldn't matter, but for the rest of us, knowing the recharge cost is an important factoid before making decision. When they advertise these cues, Miniclip gratefully displays the FAST stats, but leave out the recharge cost! Why?!? It's just another number right? :smiley:
  • Nineballina GeNineballina Ge Posts: 197 Pool Pro
    i was wrecked last night and bought it/them lol

more pop up after you buy the first one, it's like a whole collection

the recharge is 300, so not that bad

and $2.99 is a really good deal, mine definitely wasn't that cheap, i'd have to check my game receipts or online banking but i think it was a fiver, i mightve got more cash bundles and coins, i dunno but you'd think, in terms of vip levels, they'd give you better deals the higher up you go

thats the one side of the game i've never really cared about but got to the diamond level when i went on my legendary cue box binge, it was a sort of side effect, but thinking about it now shouldn't there be an upside to being on this level, like a better deal when it comes to buying things like this, special cues etc?

maybe they just know people who have got to the diamond levels are suckers and they've got them on the hook already and will pay whatever they charge lol

the spirit cue and harvester ones are 400 and 500 to charge and the demon cue is 900 to charge but plays 9,8,8,10 so is actually a pretty decent cue

(and the demon avatar is actually pretty cool lol)
    i was wrecked last night and bought it/them lol

more pop up after you buy the first one, it's like a whole collection

the recharge is 300, so not that bad

and $2.99 is a really good deal, mine definitely wasn't that cheap, ...
    the spirit cue and harvester ones are 400 and 500 to charge and the demon cue is 900 to charge but plays 9,8,8,10 so is actually a pretty decent cue

(and the demon avatar is actually pretty cool lol)

Thanks for info on Hunter's recharge @Nineballina Ge ! Can you tell me the FAST for Spirit, Harvester and Demon cues? I'm compiling a cue spreadsheet.

I see where you have been and I'm on the precipice about to fall into the spending abyss
  • Nineballina GeNineballina Ge Posts: 197 Pool Pro
    i didn't fall into the abyss!! i jumped :) ;)

spirit: 7,6,7,6

harvester: 8,6,8,7

demon: 9,8,8,10

be interested to see your spreadsheet
    i didn't fall into the abyss!! i jumped :) ;)

Well @Nineballina Ge I think right now I'm standing on the edge and about to jump too! :wink: I've been through the Monk, Assassin, Samurai, Conqueror offer and the Pro series Copper, Brass, Silver, Bronze and Gold offers and now I'm standing at the end of this moonlight madness offer with the Hunter, Spirit, Harvester and Demon cues. Luckily I have 2 accounts and they somehow got staggered so I still have 6 hrs left on Harvester but I was able to see the Demon offer on my other account so I can compare and contrast. Even before the Demon offer appeared I made an educated guess and I was right on the money that it would be $50. Well I'll pay $15usd for the Harvester but I won't pay no $50usd for the Demon! Come on! I have the draw the line somewhere... right?!? :wink: LOL

For most of us, I think we start out "There's no way in H*ll I'm going to give Miniclip a cent of my hard earned money! It's just a frickin video game!" But then as the months go by, the weeks, the days, the hours, you find yourself getting so enamored by this game that you start making justifications like "Oh man I'd play so much better if I had a legendary cue!" and then to "$2usd for 50 pool cash ain't that much?!? I spend more on a large pack of gum!" to where I am now... which is "Hey I got a birthday coming up in a couple weeks and who knows when this deal is going to come around again?!?"

Ok so now that I've turned away in disgust all the posters here who think I'm a spineless weakingly who has succumbed to Miniclip's siren voices :smiley: let's move on...
    Since I'm at this doorstep, these are my reasonings of Harvester over Demon. Although I would love to play with the Demon, again I draw the line at $50usd! I'm not made of money! But for $15 as a birthday gift to myself, I can swing that. Then with the 343 cash, I can get 24 legendary boxes which means 24 legendary cue pieces and a shot at getting my very first legendary cue!!! If I don't get at least the Inferno or Phoenix (the 2 lowest ranked Legend cues), I will be super super disappointed!!! But at the very least I'll be super disappointed and playing with the Harvester cue with the 500 recharge. So there's a silver lining after all :smiley: Ahhhhh why am I even bothering. After... I mean IF I get my first Legendary cue, I might Fall further into the abyss and be like you @Nineballina Ge and others and start going insane and want to collect ALL the legendary cues which will mean I will have to go donate more plasma! Hey I may still back out. I have 5 hrs to decide on Harvester. Oh by the way the avatar for the Harvester is cool but I don't want people thinking I'm a chick if I use that avatar LOL
    be interested to see your spreadsheet

Sure. I'll figure out a way to make a jpg of it and make a new post. You may be able to fill in some holes in my spreadsheet.
  • طلحہ سجادطلحہ سجاد UnknownsvillePosts: 672 Pool Expert
    what about those who pay to buy the over powered and super duper sf legendary cues ? :D
    yt2xwbdkm48r.jpg

what about those who pay to buy the over powered and super duper sf legendary cues ? :D

The free player sat at the edge of the abyss was wondering the same, just as the guy jumping zipped past him on his way down ;)

Haha @Nanny Ogg Love the graphic!

Well I have jumped off the ledge! Gave Miniclip $15usd for the Harvester package! I haven't used the cash to open any Legendary boxes yet. Too nervous.
  • LifeEternalLifeEternal Posts: 373 Pool Pro
    d4ve_tv wrote: »

Well I have jumped off the ledge! Gave Miniclip $15usd for the Harvester package! I haven't used the cash to open any Legendary boxes yet. Too nervous.

How feel?
  • odlllboodlllbo Posts: 296 Pool Pro
    yt2xwbdkm48r.jpg

Lol :D
    Well the running guy clearly has a large parachute under his shirt and what looks like an apple in his hand, in case he gets hungry on the way down. My money's on him.
    d4ve_tv wrote: »

LOL thanks and grats on your purchase and also best of luck with it too :)
  • IhaveNoBrainIhaveNoBrain Posts: 8 Pool Player
    Alright mate, nineballina here, just tried to log in from a different place and it wouldn't let me because it said pop ups blocked, so I unblocked them but it still did it, so I logged in using the account I did the 100 game challenge on and it's fine, bit weird but anyway....

Just read the thread, seems like you've been dying for ages to justify buying a cue lol, which isn't a bad thing, every other thread has been about the "special" cues and you wanting one of some sort or another, so I'm glad you finally got around to one that you thought you'd like, you can afford, and came as a package and had a few chips, cash bundles etc

Let us know how you've gotton on with it?

Hopefully the boxes were good to you @d4ve_tv and you got the legendary cue as well :)

Did you ever get around to doing the spreadsheet?

@IhaveNoBrain @Nineballina Ge

I have marked April 15, 2018 on my calendar as the day I got my very FIRST Legendary cue! :smiley:
    Luckily it only took 18 cue pieces to unlock me the Medusa cue! :smiley:
    I'm thrilled beyond measure to finally have ONE Legendary cue. It's also not what I consider the lowest Legendary cue (based on the FAST) so I'm thrilled again.

I actually have some cash left to try to unlock another Legendary cue... dare I tempt the Miniclip Gawds?!? This is what I have opened/revealed so far:
    Kraken 3/4
    Inferno 2/4
    Phoenix 2/4
    Axion 2/4
    Mythical 2/4
    Thor Hammer 2/4
    Minotaur 1/4
    Necromancer 1/4
    Crystal Blade 1/4

I'm going to wait awhile until the novelty of the Medusa wears off before I try again. In the meantime I can just try to build up cash (slowly) and possibly look for good cash offers.

Comparatively, the Medusa is a 28 (total FAST) and a little "weaker" than the Harvester (29) that I paid $15USD. But of course the advantage of the Medusa is that it has NO recharge and it gives a little back even if you lose. I think the Medusa actually plays a little better than the Harvester, but it's probably all in my head :smiley: because I've already been beaten pretty badly by others who were using the Sheep cue! LOL

Oh, let me try again to post a jpg of my spreadsheet for you.
    Did you ever get around to doing the spreadsheet?
    @Nineballina Ge @IhaveNoBrain Here ya go. It's by no means comprehensive. Just the higher tiered cues, Legendaries and Epics. They are sorted by the FAST total. I had to split it up into to jpgs.
    1339f8tqzw0o.jpeg
    19uy6ayoquih.jpeg
  • IhaveNoBrainIhaveNoBrain Posts: 8 Pool Player
    Nice one mate, I thought you'd get the mythical cue tbh I've got that twice as my first one seems to be the one they like to start people off with for some reason, but the medusa cue is a decent one, Nice!

Yeah probs "feels" better just cos it's a legendary Lol, but just enjoy it mate, and don't worry about people beating you with the sheep cue happens to me all the time, which isn't hard tbh lol

That chart is awesome! I think a lot of people will find it helpful in deciding about cues to buy/ use

And I'll have a look through a bit more thoroughly and see if I can find some patterns I've got some advanced cues that arnt that different in fast and cost 400 chips to run and the other one 27k so sometimes I feel like they're making it up as they go along

I saw the avatar and thought it was you Lol, will add you as a friend and have a couple of games when you're About :)
    Nice one mate, I thought you'd get the mythical cue tbh I've got that twice as my first one seems to be the one they like to start people off with for some reason, but the medusa cue is a decent one, Nice!

TBH I was expecting to get the Inferno or Phoenix since they were the lowest ranked Legendary cues so to get the Medusa was a bonus for me! Currently I have enough cash to buy 6 more boxes (ie 6 more pieces) for 6 more tries, but I'm going to wait for a special occasion Hee hee.
    That chart is awesome! I think a lot of people will find it helpful in deciding about cues to buy/ use

And I'll have a look through a bit more thoroughly and see if I can find some patterns...

I'll tell you one pattern I've noticed and I believe I saw it mentioned in a post here... in regards to the cues that you can buy with pool cash (ie the Tungsten, Jester), the recharge is always approximately 4x what you paid in pool cash. So for example the Tungsten costs 70 pool cash and the recharge is 280 coins. This model works till you reach the Shark cue which is 250 cash, but the recharge is not 1K, it's only 625.

In regards to the cues that you can buy with pool coins (ie Bounty Hunter, Winter) the recharge seems to be 10% of what you paid in coins. So for example the Winter cue costs 800K coins so it's recharge is 80K coins. This model also works till you reach the Diamond cue which costs 2.5M coins, but the recharge is 175K instead of 250K.

Just boring but interesting nevertheless.