Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
If you are not currently able to login via Facebook login, please right click on the Facebook icon and choose the option to "open in a new tab". Thank you for understanding
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

I once saw.....

Comments

• SunidhifanSunidhifan Earthbound....Posts: 6,412 Pool Forum VIP
    edited May 19
    I once saw a female lion steal my friends $600.00 Nikon camera while on a mini-safari in Tsavo East National Park outside of Mombasa, Kenya, Africa in 1981. Our ship was on a port visit to Mombasa and we took advantage of an offer to go on the trip for free. While travelling in a van, we saw a pride of lions resting under a tree just off the road we were on. The driver stopped for us to check them out, it was very, very hot in midday and the driver/guide said they would be lazy and just lay there watching us.

We got out of the van about 40 or 50 yards away from them. Kyle could not get the pics he wanted with the camera strap still around his neck so he took it off and was squatting down to get the pic he wanted.
    One of the females suddenly jumped up and ran towards us at a pretty fast pace...of course we were startled and tbh, quite frightened and dashed the 10 feet or so back to the van and jumped inside. He then realized he had dropped his camera....lol....we watched her trot up to his camera, smell it and push it around for bit.....she then picked it up in her jaw, trotted back to the tree, laid back down with it between her paws and stared at us as if daring us to come and get it..... :*

Lol...needless to say, we did not accept her challenge, and according to park rules, there was nothing the guide could do since you are not allowed to interrupt the animals you see there....we slowly drove away as Kyle fought back his tears as the rest of us laughed and laughed and laughed...... :D :D :D

Sailors can be so cruel.... B)

X5lbOom.gif

• COOLOCKERCOOLOCKER Secluder.Posts: 3,801 Pool Champion
    Lol, as much as i like to get involved in stuff thats tricky Jeff, stepping out of a truck among a pack of lions is not one of those tricky situations on my radar. lol.
    edited May 21
    COOLOCKER wrote: »
    Lol, as much as i like to get involved in stuff thats tricky Jeff, stepping out of a truck among a pack of lions is not one of those tricky situations on my radar. lol.

Lol....the vagaries of youth....and not truly believing that you are mortal when young and dumb..... :D
    Not to mention the fascination factor of being in Africa and seeing the vast amount of exotic wildlife there. Keep in mind, it was very hot at midday and lions are typically not fond of activity during that time....they also just looked like oversized kitty-cats resting in the shade....lol.....
    And as I said, the driver/guide stopped at least 120 feet (36.56 meters) away from them and told us not to get more than 10 feet (3.048 meters) away from the van with the sliding doors still open....so felt pretty safe.....but was very surprised by just how fast that lioness could move from a lying down position...lol...my heart was defo racing big time... :o

The driver/guide was also very surprised by her actions as well...he said it was probably because we had both squatted down, which presented a profile to her that was different from what humans usually do.....we went from disinteresting and useless humans to possible prey in her eyes....lol....

Silly sailors.... ;) :D :)

We loved adventure....and that truly was one....later that day, we all had a bull elephant who towered over the van (a Mercedes Benz one with a sunroof) reach in through the sunroof and touch/feel each of us with his trunk.....in a completely non-threatening manner....just obvious curiosity.....but very exhilarating to say the least......he was HUGE!.... :D B)

X5lbOom.gif
  • christhecueballchristhecueball Posts: 469 Pool Pro
    Nanny Ogg wrote: »
    I once saw a Giant Manta Ray jump twice it's body length out of the sea less than 50 feet away from where I was sitting in a 6foot long plastic kayak while on a day cruise to watch the wildlife on an uninhabited island off the Mexican coast.

Wow, very nice Nan. Always wanted to go to Mexico myself, but never got the chance. Even if it was only for the food, which is one of my favourites, lol.

You would love it Jimmy, especially if you went on the organised bar crawl we went on one night.

At one bar they had a girl dressed in what I can only describe as literally the "bare" minimum of material that could possibly constitute an actual bikini, and by anyones' standards she was a BIG girl lol, coupled with a leather "holster" containing a bottle of tequila and 2 shot glasses.

Her job was to entice the guys to pay well over the odds for a shot or two which they had to down in one go while ogling her dancing in front of them, and at the end she would bop them on the top of the head while announcing "Now THAT'S a tequila slammer !"

lol. Now thats defo a slammer, lol. Still, would rather the Chille than the big girl.......big dont do it for me, lol.

While in Egypt, i was in Cairo at a fast food place. Cant remember if it was Mc D or something else, lol. Across the street, on the 2nd floor, there was a Belly dancer dancing around a table full of what looked like business men.

The sun was low, and it beemed through the window from behind the building. Ive never been more mesmorised in my life, lol. Dont even know if i ate the food, lol.

EDIT: Just to add. We where on a sort of crawl ourselves. One of those organised outings. She was peeling off slowly, and im not sure how far it went, as we had to move on. I was raging, lol.

I've never understood the appeal of belly dancing tbh, must be a guy thing I suppose LOL

i was thinking like you......

.......until i saw that breathtaking performance grin.png

bd4z87nofqwt.png
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Growing Old DisgracefullyPosts: 10,888 Pool Forum Veteran
    edited May 22
    I once saw a Giant Manta Ray jump twice it's body length out of the sea less than 50 feet away from where I was sitting in a 6foot long plastic kayak while on a day cruise to watch the wildlife on an uninhabited island off the Mexican coast.

Wow, very nice Nan. Always wanted to go to Mexico myself, but never got the chance. Even if it was only for the food, which is one of my favourites, lol.

You would love it Jimmy, especially if you went on the organised bar crawl we went on one night.

At one bar they had a girl dressed in what I can only describe as literally the "bare" minimum of material that could possibly constitute an actual bikini, and by anyones' standards she was a BIG girl lol, coupled with a leather "holster" containing a bottle of tequila and 2 shot glasses.

Her job was to entice the guys to pay well over the odds for a shot or two which they had to down in one go while ogling her dancing in front of them, and at the end she would bop them on the top of the head while announcing "Now THAT'S a tequila slammer !"

lol. Now thats defo a slammer, lol. Still, would rather the Chille than the big girl.......big dont do it for me, lol.

While in Egypt, i was in Cairo at a fast food place. Cant remember if it was Mc D or something else, lol. Across the street, on the 2nd floor, there was a Belly dancer dancing around a table full of what looked like business men.

The sun was low, and it beemed through the window from behind the building. Ive never been more mesmorised in my life, lol. Dont even know if i ate the food, lol.

EDIT: Just to add. We where on a sort of crawl ourselves. One of those organised outings. She was peeling off slowly, and im not sure how far it went, as we had to move on. I was raging, lol.

I've never understood the appeal of belly dancing tbh, must be a guy thing I suppose LOL

bd4z87nofqwt.png

I wanted to poke you in the eye when I saw this picture Chris :D then I saw the picture of me on the scooter and you were instantly forgiven LOL
  • christhecueballchristhecueball Posts: 469 Pool Pro
    lucky me then whew.png........

.....on the other hand, i look gorgeous with an eyepatch tongue.png

sya2bwq1fiiw.png
  • creativehottycreativehotty rainy season atmPosts: 2,206 Pool Champion

bd4z87nofqwt.png

LOL !!
    edited May 24
    I once saw.....a rope around my own neck, and the trees swaying about me. This one will probably shock you.

When i was about 8, i was playing in the local fields with a friend. We saw a group of older lads messing about with a rope near some trees, and thought they where putting up a swing. So we went over to have a look....bad move, really bad move.

When they saw we where close enough, they ran after us and caught us both. I suddenly found myself with a rope thrust around my neck, and my hands tied up behind my back. They where all laughing and telling me to say my last prayers. I was in floods of tears, and begging them to let me go.

But you know what? They strung me up. I was dangling for i dont know how long, and all i can remember is the trees swaying around me. Next thing i know, theres a man swinging punches at a few of them, and they ran off, while i was on the ground.

Some chap happened to see what was going on, and ran over and more than likely saved my life. And i say this because some of you probably think they where just messing, and where going to put me back down. But later in life, i know some of these folks died from drugs etc, and some are lifers. So i cant really be sure if they would have done that?

The story after that is a long one involving the police etc, but im not going into that here. But yeah, it happened.
    @COOLOCKER - That had to have been a horrible and traumatic experience for you...at any age, but especially as such a youngster.....I certainly hope the a-holes were caught and punished...... :s
    edited May 25
    Sunidhifan wrote: »
    @COOLOCKER - That had to have been a horrible and traumatic experience for you...at any age, but especially as such a youngster.....I certainly hope the a-holes were caught and punished...... :s

Yeah Jeff. I still get the chills when i think about what might have been. They where caught, but the chap who rescued me refused to say anything about it. After that, it was my word against theirs, even with the mark on my neck. And the word of an 8 year old didnt hold much water then. I guess keeping the mouth shut serves a purpose when you dont wany any follow up, but im still grateful.

I have 4 brothers, and that came in useful later in time, lol. ;)
    I once saw.....a rope around my own neck, and the trees swaying about me. This one will probably shock you.

When i was about 8, i was playing in the local fields with a friend. We saw a group of older lads messing about with a rope near some trees, and thought they where putting up a swing. So we went over to have a look....bad move, really bad move.

When they saw we where close enough, they ran after us and caught us both. I suddenly found myself with a rope thrust around my neck, and my hands tied up behind my back. They where all laughing and telling me to say my last prayers. I was in floods of tears, and begging them to let me go.

But you know what? They strung me up. I was dangling for i dont know how long, and all i can remember is the trees swaying around me. Next thing i know, theres a man swinging punches at a few of them, and they ran off, while i was on the ground.

Some chap happened to see what was going on, and ran over and more than likely saved my life. And i say this because some of you probably think they where just messing, and where going to put me back down. But later in life, i know some of these folks died from drugs etc, and some are lifers. So i cant really be sure if they would have done that?

The story after that is a long one involving the police etc, but im not going into that here. But yeah, it happened.

that is one heck of a terrible story !! one can only surmise that they got what they deserved !! so glad ur here cool :)
    edited May 26

that is one heck of a terrible story !! one can only surmise that they got what they deserved !! so glad ur here cool :)

Been saying it all along CH, the area i come from is no picnic. Every word of it is true, and still as vivid in my head like it was yesterday. And yeah, some of them did, not all of them though. Unless you take Karma into account.

BTW, thanks. Me too, lol.
    edited May 28
    I once saw a fully loaded agricultural semi-trailer get stuck on the railroad crossing right in front of us on a country railroad crossing. I believe he had cabbage or lettuce as his load, but the trailer was too long to make the crossing at the slow speed he was moving and got stuck on the apex......unfortunately for him, there was a freight train approaching in excess of 60 mph (96.56064 kmh) ….. :s

The driver managed to jump out and escape prior to the freight train impacting and absolutely obliterating the trailer and cab both at over 50 mph (80.4672 kmh) with his emergency brakes locked......wow....that thing was smithereens like instantaneously....nothing but floating tiny pieces of a variety of materials drifting around and following the slip stream of the train in the blink of an eye...….lol....

Nobody on the train of course was even effected slightly.....lol....it was a 180 ton plus diesel electric motor engine alone ….the only crew was in the cab at the back of that....probably did not even feel the impact what with the weight of the 60 or 70 plus cars it was also pulling......lol....like hitting a mosquito with your car..... :p

That driver was one of the funkiest colors I have ever seen another human in my life..... :D :D

Have never heard someone so sincerely, profusely thank and praise Jesus in my entire life either..... :D

X5lbOom.gif
    Post edited by Sunidhifan on
    I once saw a fully loaded agricultural semi-trailer get stuck on the railroad crossing right in front of us on a country railroad crossing. I believe he had cabbage or lettuce as his load, but the trailer was too long to make the crossing at the slow speed he was moving and got stuck on the apex......unfortunately for him, there was a freight train approaching in excess of 60 mph (96.56064 kmh) ….. :s

The driver managed to jump out and escape prior to the freight train impacting and absolutely obliterating the trailer and cab both at over 50 mph (80.4672 kmh) with his emergency brakes locked......wow....that thing was smithereens like instantaneously....nothing but floating tiny pieces of a variety of materials drifting around and following the slip stream of the train in the blink of an eye...….lol....

Nobody on the train of course was even effected slightly.....lol....it was a 180 ton plus diesel electric motor engine alone ….the only crew was in the cab at the back of that....probably did not even feel the impact what with the weight of the 60 or 70 plus cars it was also pulling......lol....like hitting a mosquito with your car..... :p

That driver was one of the funkiest colors I have ever seen another human in my life..... :D :D

Have never heard someone so sincerely, profusely thank and praise Jesus in my entire life either..... :D

X5lbOom.gif

Ive often seen those videos on youtube where this happens Jeff. And it always gets me thinking why the driver stops where he stops? I guess i didnt realise that they could get stuck. And i can also see why they would try to beat the train also. Ive been to Florida twice, and got stuck at a crossing while waiting for one to pass. The length of some of those things with all the carriages can go on forever, lol.
  • Halamadridcr7Halamadridcr7 Posts: 3 New Member
    I once saw an entire 5 bedroom, two story farmhouse vanish into thin above me from the F4 tornado that hit us directly while hiding from it in the basement corner....I was looking directly at the ceiling, the most terrifying sound I ever heard roared onto us....the floorboards above started dancing and bouncing in a way they are not made to do...and 8 seconds later there was nothing above us but debris flying around and the super dark, swirling clouds following the funnel.......... :*

I was 9 years old.... ;)

You get the idea.....

As u can see I have 20/20 leg cues 12 epic 14 rare cues, apart from that king cue,Dynamo cue,pro gold cue,Terra cue,frozen cue,fury cue,**** cue,and lots of other purchased cues but only getting 2 to 3 million after loosing in berlin.where as I have seen people getting 15 mill just having 12 to 15 cues....this sucks miniclip don't treat their premium customers nicely ..that's not fair.
    I once saw an entire 5 bedroom, two story farmhouse vanish into thin above me from the F4 tornado that hit us directly while hiding from it in the basement corner....I was looking directly at the ceiling, the most terrifying sound I ever heard roared onto us....the floorboards above started dancing and bouncing in a way they are not made to do...and 8 seconds later there was nothing above us but debris flying around and the super dark, swirling clouds following the funnel.......... :*

I was 9 years old.... ;)

You get the idea.....

As u can see I have 20/20 leg cues 12 epic 14 rare cues, apart from that king cue,Dynamo cue,pro gold cue,Terra cue,frozen cue,fury cue,**** cue,and lots of other purchased cues but only getting 2 to 3 million after loosing in berlin.where as I have seen people getting 15 mill just having 12 to 15 cues....this sucks miniclip don't treat their premium customers nicely ..that's not fair.

HUH ??? hahahahahahahaha
    edited June 2
    I once saw.....

A very kind and good neighbour of mine dead on the footpath outside of the shop that is across the road from me. I was in town doing a bit of shopping one day, and got the bus home. As the bus approached my stop, i noticed a man laying on the ground outside the shop. When i got off the bus, i naturally went over to see what was going on, as there was a group of people around him.

When i got closer, i still couldnt tell who it was, and i asked somebody who is it. They told me it was (name not given for obvious reasons) and i was shocked to see him laying there. I asked the chap has anybody tried anything to save him, and he said he was there about 30 minutes himself, and seen nobody try anything. He then told me he was told by somebody else that he dropped to the ground about 15 minutes before that.

All sorts of thoughts started rushing through my head, and i did panic in not knowing what to do. I started walking around asking people the same questions as above, probably in the hope that somebody would say he was there only 5 or so minutes. But would that have changed anything? I dont know, because i admit i was overwhelmed by it all.

I was there probably around 5 minutes myself before an ambulance arrived, and 2 ambulance personnel got out and calmly strolled over to have a look. One of them got down and took the pulse etc, and gave that knowing look to the other chap without saying anything. I knew then he was dead.

I have often thought about this when reminded about heart attacks, and have often thought was there something i could have done. But even today looking back, i dont think there was anything i could have done. So i made sure to pay attention to life saving classes that where instructed in lessons that where held in my last job, just in case it would come in useful someday. And even though im sure i couldnt have done anything, regret is always there to this day.
  • kimi060845kimi060845 Posts: 1,692 Pool Champion
    edited June 3
    @COOLOCKER I'm so sorry about your neighbour who was a good and kind man . Life is so unpredictable .
    Post edited by kimi060845 on
    kimi060845 wrote: »
    @COOLOCKER I'm so sorry about your neighbour who was a good and kind man . Life is so unpredictable .

Thanks Kimi. I must admit, even though i learned the lessons, i still freeze at the thought that i might have to use it someday. Its a frightening thought that if i had to do it, i would mess it up. Hopefully that day doesnt come.
  • kimi060845kimi060845 Posts: 1,692 Pool Champion
    Yes, that is so very understandable @COOLOCKER . I do feel that way too.
    Perhaps there could also be DIY Defibrillators kept handy in shops or buildings . Staff and interested public could be trained to handle DIY defibrillators to jump start the heart before the ambulance comes as time is crucial.Refresher courses need to be held to build confidence.
    The Civil Defence or the Health or Heart department could perhaps initiate this .