Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

Improved chance of getting a Legendary Cue?

d4ve_tvd4ve_tv Posts: 132 Pool Pro
Am I way off base with this thinking?!?

If I'm trying to get my first Legendary cue or just want to increase my chances, shouldn't I do it in PC mode... the new version and open my Leg suprise boxes there. Because if I open Leg boxes in mobile, my odds of unlocking (getting 4 pieces of same Leg cue) are halved because there are 20 available Leg cues. If I open boxes in PC, there are only 10 possible Leg cues to unlock. Yes I know this limits me to being able to get a Leg mobile cue, but my goal here is to improve my chances of getting my first Leg cue.

So for ex, if I'm opening Leg boxes in PC mode, I wouldn't possibly get a piece of the Axion, Mythical, Laser, Necromancer, Mechatronic, etc cues (mobile only) correct?!?! If you can, then there goes my theory! :blush:

Comments

• SunidhifanSunidhifan Earthbound....Posts: 6,150 Pool Forum VIP
    edited May 7
    Sorry I cannot be of any help at all on the issue.... :* ...

I know nothing at all about Legendary cues....did not/do not even know you could/can get them in the PC version at all.....must be on the HTML5 version....I see no option at all to get one on the Original version... ;)

I am sure there has to be a member here who knows and will respond.... :)

X5lbOom.gif
  • !Murray!Murray Posts: 71 Pool Player
    Yes but you’ll have to do it very soon before it’s updated. They updated it to allow 20 leg cues, but removed the update a day later cuz it was slo mo.
  • *Claude**Claude* Posts: 12 Pool Player
    Yes your right
  • Nineballina GeNineballina Ge Posts: 411 Pool Pro
    the logic seems sound

i was trying to think if this seems too simple/easy and you're missing something obvious here

but nope, i think what the other guys have said is accurate, it makes sense, especially for trying to just get that second cue on the board, you're not going for all sorts of outrageous crazy rare cues pieces here

so i have no idea about whether they are available on pc or not, but the other guys seem to be sure they're not, so i'd say go for it mate, makes sense :)
  • d4ve_tvd4ve_tv Posts: 132 Pool Pro
    Thanks guys for confirming. I just had the opportunity to open 9 Legendary boxes. I logged into PC new ver and I got:
    Inferno 3 pieces
    Phoenix 1
    Kraken 2
    Medusa 1
    Minotaur 1
    Excalibur 1

I didn't get any pieces of mobile only cues... as I excepted, but those 9 chances were still not enough for Miniclip Gawds to grant me a single Legendary cue. They want to tempt me with 1 more piece to go for the Inferno cue. Sigh... :(
  • Carlos TalesCarlos Tales Posts: 1,399 Pool Champion
    I will create a video opening up legendary boxes from an account that has no legendary pieces to see how many boxes are required to get the first cue. I’ll post tonight UK time. I know 50 boxes gets 5 cues and 80 boxes gets 10 cues on average
    d4ve_tv wrote: »
    Thanks guys for confirming. I just had the opportunity to open 9 Legendary boxes. I logged into PC new ver and I got:
    Inferno 3 pieces
    Phoenix 1
    Kraken 2
    Medusa 1
    Minotaur 1
    Excalibur 1

I didn't get any pieces of mobile only cues... as I excepted, but those 9 chances were still not enough for Miniclip Gawds to grant me a single Legendary cue. They want to tempt me with 1 more piece to go for the Inferno cue. Sigh... :(

unlucky mate
    I will create a video opening up legendary boxes from an account that has no legendary pieces to see how many boxes are required to get the first cue. I’ll post tonight UK time. I know 50 boxes gets 5 cues and 80 boxes gets 10 cues on average

Hi @Carlos Tales. I'm confused, but I guess I'll learn more when I watch your video.
    50 Legendary boxes cost... by my math, about 716 pool cash. You have that much?!? I guess I shouldn't question and assume you have 1M pool cash :smiley:

You also said 50 boxes gets 5 cues. How can you make that statement with certainty? I mean the cue pieces you get are random right? 50 boxes gets you 50 cue pieces. With 50 chances out of a possible 80 pieces (20 Leg cues x 4 pieces), that's pretty good odds that you "should" get multiple cues, but how would you know exactly 5??? Or are we not talking about the same thing?!?
    edited May 8
    I know because I’ve just opened legendary cues on 2 Alts and without keeping count on how many boxes or pool cash I’ve used I can count the pool pieces including the upgrades. I’ll show you with my alt account ......
    Post edited by Carlos Tales on
    Here you go. My account has opened 78 boxes/pieces of legendary cues. 10 full cues.

78 boxes / 3 x 43 pool cash = 1118 pool cash.
    I know after opening 50 boxes I had 5 or 6 full cues

I mean the cue pieces you get are random right?

no, definitely not

see my pm reply i sent about the other thing we we're discussing

i hope the way i've put it makes sense, it did when i was writing it anyway lol

i've done this on two accounts now as well and can say that, off the top of my head without the precise level of maths carl has imparted to it, it mirrors my experience of box:cue ratio as well

and on both of mine, as i'm sure with both of carls, several cues have been obtained before a single piece of the archangel cue is even close to being in sight

it might be random, i dont think they could call it random otherwise as they claim, especially when selling a product, it would be false advertising

but like i said i was still getting pieces of my maxed out inferno cue before i'd even unlocked the archangel cue

it may well be random but when there's 20 pieces of an inferno cue floating about for every 1 piece of a an archangel cue miniclip are happy for it to be random and let the law of averages do the rest :)

no, definitely not

but like i said i was still getting pieces of my maxed out inferno cue before i'd even unlocked the archangel cue

Ok thanks for the responses. I'm starting to see the bigger picture now. Before I was just so concentrated on getting a single Legendary cue that I never thought about beyond that... getting the others... how the upgrades work for Legendary cues. But I have a much better picture thanks to you guys.

It does make sense that they would keep giving out pieces of "low end" and/or Leg cues you already have before they will give out the *good* ones like the Archangel. It must've been maddening to many like you @Nineballina Ge who were trying to complete your collection of Leg cues and kept opening Leg boxes and always getting pieces to cues you already had. Good thing I have no desire to get "all" the Leg cues... right now. I'm just happy to have one so far and working on a possible second! Altho... getting back (and I know there's controversy about this too) coins close to 100% for having all (or most) of the Leg cues sure would be SWEET!
    no, definitely not

It must've been maddening to many like you @Nineballina Ge who were trying to complete your collection of Leg cues and kept opening Leg boxes and always getting pieces to cues you already had.

it was but luckily my missus likes the opening boxes part of the game lol, so i let her crack on with it and told her to inform me if anything significant happened :D

• whalersailorwhalersailor Posts: 112 Pool Pro
    Read the payback again - UP TO 6 PERCENT PER CUE. With 20 legendary cues my average payback is about 80 percent per loss regardless of amount bet. This is in 9 ball only.
    Read the payback again - UP TO 6 PERCENT PER CUE. With 20 legendary cues my average payback is about 80 percent per loss regardless of amount bet. This is in 9 ball only.

Thanks for the heads up Whalersailor. I have heard of this grievous trickery by Miniclip :wink: It doesn't seem fair, but life isn't fair. Always gotta watch out for the "fine print" right?
  • -Doflamingo-3--Doflamingo-3- Posts: 32 Pool Player

If I'm trying to get my first Legendary cue or just want to increase my chances, shouldn't I do it in PC mode... the new version and open my Leg suprise boxes there. Because if I open Leg boxes in mobile, my odds of unlocking (getting 4 pieces of same Leg cue) are halved because there are 20 available Leg cues. If I open boxes in PC, there are only 10 possible Leg cues to unlock. Yes I know this limits me to being able to get a Leg mobile cue, but my goal here is to improve my chances of getting my first Leg cue.

So for ex, if I'm opening Leg boxes in PC mode, I wouldn't possibly get a piece of the Axion, Mythical, Laser, Necromancer, Mechatronic, etc cues (mobile only) correct?!?! If you can, then there goes my theory! :blush:

When you have at least 580 pool cash, just log in the new version and use all the cash, you have 100 % chance of getting 10 cues :smile:
    Then you'll need twice as much to get them all, about 2000 cash depends on every account ofc
  • LifeEternalLifeEternal Posts: 517 Pool Expert

When you have at least 580 pool cash, just log in the new version and use all the cash, you have 100 % chance of getting 10 cues :smile:
    Then you'll need twice as much to get them all, about 2000 cash depends on every account ofc

maybe you are a lucky player.i pay for 10 rare cues 333 pool cash and for 4 epic cues 239 pool cash.In my opinion Excalibur Cue or Inferno Cue good ,do not need more Legendary Cue (if open).
    edited May 9

This is bad advice imo. You will not get all 10 cues by logging on to the new PC version and using 580 pc. All you will end up doing is winning the same cue pieces as you already have without even getting upgrades.

My video shows the best option is to open them on mobile. 7 boxes opened win me my first cue. 49 boxes I won my 7th cue.

It will take over 3500 pc in total to win all 20.

• JJoeJJoe OLD PC/MOBILE Posts: 878 Pool Expert
    I got the firestorm cue after two 300 (ish) cash purchases and maybe 3 ish 100 cash purchases in bundles. So I'd say 900 cash is a decent guess for getting your first very good legendary

can i ask what levels you play?

i've got all 20 and get "up to" 100%

i've played well over 500 10m matches

80% of the time i get 1.3m back , i dont know why it's that specific amount, and not 1.1 or 1.5

then 10% of the time it's between 1.3 and 3m

5% of the time 3-5m

3% of the time 5-7m

2% of the time 8m

1% of the time 10m

i must be especially unclucky as based on my estimates i shouldve got the 10m back around 5-6 times, i have never once got back the the full 10m

i can think of a couple of times where i got back 7m +

i'm not sure if the time i got back 8m was at seoul or 9ball, i cant remember, bit it sticks out as it only ever happened once

i cant say my stats are completely accurate, i've never kept a chart or anything so thats just off the top of my head

i'm really interested to know levels you play because i'd say on average mine is 20% per match

i have noticed that after playing a 10m 9 ball match going back to jakarta and torono and all of a sudden getting back regularly between 60 - 100%

maybe my account is famously miniclipped doomswitched :D