Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

Phantom challenges (mobile)

VijayGunnersVijayGunners Posts: 823 Pool Expert
edited May 10 in Community
Does anybody else in mobile send out challenges unknowingly?

When I’m in a match and a notification pops up telling me somebody is online I just close the pop up as it covers the shot clock but shortly after I get “x has accepted your challenge in London” :| sometimes I get “x can’t play right now”.
When I do agree to play somebody they confirm that they got the challenge from me even though I didn’t actually send it.

The constant notifications can get frustrating

Comments

• d4ve_tvd4ve_tv Posts: 132 Pool Pro
    I'm confused by them too. Sometimes I hit the X to close or tap on "Later", but they just keep coming. I mean it's nice to know that your friend is online but sometimes it's a constant nag.
  • VijayGunnersVijayGunners Posts: 823 Pool Expert
    d4ve_tv wrote: »
    I'm confused by them too. Sometimes I hit the X to close or tap on "Later", but they just keep coming. I mean it's nice to know that your friend is online but sometimes it's a constant nag.

When multiple players come online they all get sent invites so more notifications to close
  • JJoeJJoe OLD PC/MOBILE Posts: 878 Pool Expert
    Lol, remember you saying

Think you accidentally sent me one earlier.

Maybe @George Sweeper / @Dalton Moderator / @Raquel Oliveira can help?
  • VijayGunnersVijayGunners Posts: 823 Pool Expert
    JJoe wrote: »
    Lol, remember you saying

Think you accidentally sent me one earlier.

Maybe @George Sweeper / @Dalton Moderator / @Raquel Oliveira can help?
    Lol yeah, I saw you come online but I didn’t challenge
  • Nineballina GeNineballina Ge Posts: 411 Pool Pro
    yeah and it does cause a problem

it takes a while to log in, when its doing the, i suppose you would call it buffering thing, so you're waiting to see the main menu but people online have insta been alerted to you being online and that they should challenge you, so by the time you get to the main menu you've got a couple of challenges, from people who dont realize you've literally not had time to get your bearings yet, so the system is a bit too quick in that sense, dunno if anyone else finds that a problem but can be annoying, if the system just gave you a minute or so to get yourself together it would be fine, so it's none of your friends fault, they dont know when they challenge you that pops up that you've not even had a chance to see the main menu yet

and yeah if someone challenges me, and i'm playing and cant play and i hit the X button, not the play later button, but then finish that game it then says, so and so cant play right now

so i know it mustve registered me as having hit the play later button when i know i didnt

it happened to me once i just started another game, and the system mustve read that i hit "play later" instead of just hitting the X button when someone had challenged me mid game, so when i come out of the game it auto sends that person a challenge, but i just started another game, and then it took me out of that game to play the other person, and obv it wasnt a time where i'm playing dunhai or paris but when i was playing seoul lol, so that was a cool 10m nicely down the drain before potting a ball lol