Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
If you are not currently able to login via Facebook login, please right click on the Facebook icon and choose the option to "open in a new tab". Thank you for understanding
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

Abu Dhabi Championship thoughts

Comments

• Carlos TalesCarlos Tales Posts: 1,474 Pool Champion
    Tommy 37 wrote: »
    Pretty ironic that you are annoyed by “cheats”, yet don’t have a problem starting up an alternative account and timing your games to win leagues.

Just shows what a dumb @ss you are having that opinion and your a typical example why I don’t post much these days on this forum.

Since when has starting up an alt account been cheating?

Keep practicing your win streaks and stop crying to everyone in this forum just because you get denied more times than any other player in Miniclip history.

• -Alyna-Alyna 80.9% Posts: 884 Pool Expert
    Pretty ironic that you are annoyed by “cheats”, yet don’t have a problem starting up an alternative account and timing your games to win leagues.

Timing his games to win leagues is his strategy to get cash without reaching a high level. It's simple, he knows he's got the skills advantage against the other players so he just gets some wins in the last hours knowing he won't be crossed.
    And another thing, did you know that all these 'Platinum league players' are coins transferrers? It means they clearly have an advantage against Carl
    Very nice reply @Carlos Tales :joy:
  • Tommy 37Tommy 37 Posts: 37 Pool Player
    What you define as cheating others may think is fair play.
    Post, or don’t post, your call.
    You are obviously a great player, that doesn’t give your opinion any more weight.
    I’m sure the player who is having their very first game will appreciate being matched up against one of your alt. accounts. Must be a satisfying victory for you.
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Growing Old DisgracefullyPosts: 10,888 Pool Forum Veteran

Just shows what a dumb @ss you are having that opinion and your a typical example why I don’t post much these days on this forum.

Since when has starting up an alt account been cheating?

Keep practicing your win streaks and stop crying to everyone in this forum just because you get denied more times than any other player in Miniclip history.

Haters gonna hate but it's worth remembering that those who matter don't hate and those who hate don't matter.
  • LÉGÈÑD SÂMLÉGÈÑD SÂM Posts: 2 New Member
    It was a nice idea to introduce a new championship . I won the ring luckily 😇😇
    edited May 28
    What you define as cheating others may think is fair play.
    Post, or don’t post, your call.
    You are obviously a great player, that doesn’t give your opinion any more weight.
    I’m sure the player who is having their very first game will appreciate being matched up against one of your alt. accounts. Must be a satisfying victory for you.

Again just shows how ignorant you are and how little you know about the game. The cheaters gain winnings without even potting balls. Define that how you want but any normal person will define it as cheating. There are more blatant ways cheaters win but no point in discussing them here or with you when all you are is a hater.

AFWIW I don’t win the leagues with my alt for satisfaction of beating other players but just to win pool cash to build a better account without spending real money. I play within the rules as I always have.

Thanks Nanny. Yes Tommy doesn’t matter but he deserves a reply just for his ignorance.

Cheers @Alyna :)
  • talha899ttalha899t Posts: 243 Pool Pro
    @Tommy 37
    Thank me later.
    oxfh5zknquk7.jpg
    Ok, so im summary:

You all think it’s fair for one of the best players in the game to be matched up with someone playing their very first game.

Gotcha, i’ll put my brain back in now that i’ve redefined fairness.

Nowhere did i say or imply that was cheating, just it was ironic that someone was complaining about cheaters, but didn’t mind playing at a level they were clearly above.

Maybe you are all so defensive because deep down you feel a bit guilty for stealing those games from the lower level players?

Ok, so im summary:

You all think it’s fair for one of the best players in the game to be matched up with someone playing their very first game.

Gotcha, i’ll put my brain back in now that i’ve redefined fairness.

Nowhere did i say or imply that was cheating, just it was ironic that someone was complaining about cheaters, but didn’t mind playing at a level they were clearly above.

Maybe you are all so defensive because deep down you feel a bit guilty for stealing those games from the lower level players?

It’s better than being paired with a cheat when there is zero chance of winning. You’re overlooking the fact this is a computer game and to keep the fun alive there’s many ways to do it. Starting from the beginning is just one way.

I am often paired with level 100+ Players when playing my level 35 account because I’m playing in Bangkok so your statement is an exaggeration. Not many noobs in Bangkok.

Lastly the level system does not work. It does not give any clear indication on a players skill level. You’ve only got to look at the world league to realise this. Theres 2 silver level players in the top 4 currently.

So basically your against players starting again to try and win pool cash to open boxes to try and win all the legendary cues? No i don’t feel guilty for doing this. I’m having fun and playing the game within the rules!!

Fair enough, and looks like everyone else feels the same way.. I’ll disappear back under my rock for a while. ;)
  • Nineballina GeNineballina Ge Posts: 593 Pool Expert
    Fair enough, and looks like everyone else feels the same way.. I’ll disappear back under my rock for a while. ;)

i hope you dont

it's a pretty interesting debate tbh, i think folk were a bit quick to jump the gun, insulting you i dont think you was calling carl a cheat, just the idea that you thought there was an irony attached to someone hating cheats so much doing something that while might well be within the rules, some may think of an being unfair, immoral pertaining to the game, and outside of the spirit of the game

and i can see both sides of it tbh, like i said earlier in this thread it does take a bit of skill to try and judge winning just the right amount of matches to win the league, and when doing so, if getting it right, i think probably does invoke a sense of achievement, pride etc

i think knowing the facts about it helps to make a proper and informed opinion about how you feel about it, firstly all the legit "cheats and hackers", i had a look recently at some of the pages, groups etc or whatever you call them on facebook, and they very openly advertise these accounts that theyve won the pool cash for, gotten a cue with it, added to a couple hundred mil, and sell it for 300 rupees, i didnt know what the exchange rate was, had a look and all this hard work, hours of effort to win this leagues, or even if it's just coin xfering they do so they can sell the account for £2.29, wow, i never knew that was the kindve money that was being talked about here, just made me feel very sad and sorry for them tbh, i run a security company with my friend, in our head office in moorgate we're surrounded by a ton of trendy, new, alternative, health shops, cafes etc, and they do this flavoured water that i live on, it's gorgeous for £2.99 for the smallest bottle you could imagine, it just made me think comparatively what lives these guys must live to go through all this trouble for an amount of money that wouldnt even get me a bottle of water, i think made me feel less judgmental towards the "hackers", i mean to go through the trouble of doing all that for that type of money life must be pretty bad, so i dont really begrudge them that tbh, thats just my opinion about them

so a few weeks ago i set up an account where i was just gonna play 9ball, and see what tourney stats i could get, how low i could get the bppg stat, i won a touney golden break, next match guy leaves 1 to the 9 over pocket after break for next win, third match guy snookers himself after potting all balls on 9 with black, and i clear the 8 and 9 for the win, winning the tourney by potting 4 balls lol, so i was interested to see that stat, but seeing carls alt account, i thought i'd have a crack at doing the league thing, so i had a go, not realizing that silver and platinum were 2 completely separate levels, i just had a picture in my head of the silver star on carls pics, so i log into the account to find:

whnwjohgp4io.png

haha so i messed that up, i just didnt look, or it didnt register that the prize was coins, not pool cash lol, anyway while you lot are all sitting there with your pool cash i'm sitting on a cool 50k in coins lol

and the kicker is ive jumped past the gold and platinum levels, the two levels where i think you can earn pool cash and jumped straight to the pink level, saphire i think, or whatever, so as has been mentioned, the skill of getting it right, not jumping too many levels, winning the league in as few a games as possible etc, that side of it is hard, takes skill, and is a bit of an art form, so i've given this league a crack, and played 6 paris matches, won 4 lost 2, played 1 bangcock, won it, so this was how the leaderboard looked:

9makdccm6b1q.png

tbh being new to having a crack at this, and not knowing what the lower leagues look like, i was very doubtful that this would take it so thought i'd just have a crack at winning the paris ring, the byproduct should be enough wins to win the league i thought, but having played the bangcock match, and then the last knockings of getting the paris ring, as has been touched upon on this thread alread already, these are the players that i played in bangcock, and then the last players i played consecutively to get the paris ring:

8d9rc82o6d6d.png
    6qywrntfdd4d.png
    k6njzybkrc34.png
    te6oi0mderg3.png
    7zpf7iq9gr3e.png
    hb52ntwp7fmr.png
    agms3mz5e6q8.png

as you can see mate, no free lunches there lol and they were all in a row towards the back end of getting the paris ring, and that was pretty indicative of the level of most of the players it matched me against, as much as i just used the country cue and tried to stay in the low levels it's super hard, and that was the type of player i was facing even when in the late 30's which was just a couple of days ago, those are just the pics i saw when i saw this thread starting to develop, into what could have been a quite interesting debate, but kinda went another way which is a shame because i think it is an interesting subject, and i do understand both sides and agree with part of both of them, but i think seeing the players you're playing against might help change your mind a bit tommy about how "easy" it is or isnt and maybe show a new perspective on why people do this, the challenge and balancing act of it, i mean i'm assuming thats why carl does it and not just purely for the pool cash, i mean i got 50 or 45 pool cash on the account for 80p, they did one of those this offer is 80% off and will expire when the box closes, so now or never type of thing, so its not really about just the pool cash, and i was minded something else carl said about money in your account, coins, ratio to the turnover number, and how that is in itself indicative of a players ability to manage bankroll etc so i think i got to 50 odd million in coins with 135 turnover - ish, so its the little goals, how few games can i win the league in, how many games can i win 50 mil in, whats my cash to turnover ratio etc that i think keeps people interested in doing something like this, and was definitely a factor for me

but like you said, just because something is in the rules, doesnt mean its fair, there's loads of examples from all different sports i could give, and can see why you think, you've got these normal hard working rec players, and there's what 10 mil online every week so the % that are pro hackers, very very small, so the normal player, maybe some 12 year old kid works really hard to win that 100 pool cash, and get himself 12 of the epic boxes, get 1 or 2 of the epic cues, is really looking forward to it, has done it just playing tonnes of toronto or jakarta games, then someone comes in, that has played tens of thousands of games, plays 5 or 6 games, at the last minute and said 12 year old is left proper sad and feels cheated, now whilst this isnt against the rules is probably against the spirit of the game, and speaking for myself knowing that my league is probably populated by a lot of genuine kids that it would mean the world to win it, i can see where you're coming from and understand it as a point of view, and i dont subscribe to the philosophy that if everyone else is doing it, or someone cheating and abusing the system its ok that i will too, i just think people that go for winning a league lower down with an alt like to not think about the 299 other random players theyre going to get battling it out with them, and that doing something to keep the game interesting for themself and from which they can derive some sort of pride is in itself enough, and tbh hard luck to the others, saying that you dont care because everyone is a hacker is a bit of a cop out, and i dont think is true or anyone believes it, have it right if you're down there trying to win pool cash you will be taking it away from usually normal recreational kids playing the game, but if you're doing that because you want the challenge of balancing it just right and therein lies the buzz and thrill of it, then i think thats fair enough tbh, and everyone else in the league will just have to deal with it, but if we're down there doing it because we're just as desperate for the pool cash as Mr sell account for £2 hacker, then yeah i agree there's not much difference, we are just nicking the pool cash and probably are as bad as them, but i think all the other factors i've outlined play a huge part in people like carl going for the pool cash, it's hard to get the balance right and the opponents are certainly not pushovers, so i can see why morally you think it's not cool, and in part agree, but i think it comes down to the motivations of the individual, and, as with most things in life, you can never really know for sure why people do what they do, i still like to hope for the best from people though, just about ;)

edited May 29
    I accept my reply to Tommy’s first comment was a little harsh. At the end of the day it’s a forum where everyone is free to express their opinions and no matter what they are they should be respected and debated in a civilised manner.

I guess It just got my back up being compared to a cheat.
  • -Alyna-Alyna 80.9% Posts: 884 Pool Expert
    I guess It just got my back up being compared to a cheat.

Who wouldn't?
  • d4ve_tvd4ve_tv Posts: 190 Pool Pro
    I accept my reply to Tommy’s first comment was a little harsh.

That's big of you to say that Carlos and I commend you for it. And you're right. This is a public forum where everyone's opinion should count the same unless you're a mod LOL

Like Nine, I see both sides. As with everything in life, there is never a Black and White, but plenty of Gray. And it also very much depends on what side of the Gray you're on. If you're a beginner, you will have most certainly have a different opinion from someone who's been playing for years. That's just common sense. But you know what the best part is?!? Even the expert had to start as a beginner AND email addresses are free so anyone can start an alt account... as many as you want :smile:

If you're using script and modding the game to do something it wasn't meant to do, then I would consider that "cheating". But if you found a loophole and are exploiting it like being able to transfer coins or creating an account and then selling it for profit, then is that really "cheating"?!? AGain, there's always Gray answers from both sides. If players are doing things that are allowed through loopholes and Miniclip knows about it and does not want to patch it, then so be it.

All in all, I'm glad we have a good community of folks here from around the world that can get along, share ideas and opinions on a game we all love.

Play on!
    Cheers guys, i appreciate that you can at least see what i was trying to say.

I didn’t realise how common it was to have more than one account! So fair play it is.

I really don’t get too fired up about forum responses, it’s good to have a bit of banter over subjects, not everyone is going to end on the same page.

so this is how it wound up, for anyone that cares, or @Tommy 37 just to show you what the turn out was with it, won the stupid silver league thing for 50k in coins lol, then as you can see in the last post am leading the pink league, yes i like to just call them by their colours lol, with a bangcok win and 4 paris wins, that was never gonna holld so i won some more, played a couple of berlins, was up to about 130m but had played very little, probably no more than 10 games, then i was doing something else on my other account i was trying to achieve and had a super busy week with other stuff, logged back in saturday night and was still in second, and not a distant second, the guy had like 170m, but had dodgy xferer stats, so i played a few seoul matches, mumbai and berlin, and at the end of saturday night i was on 500m, didnt think that would be good enough tbh, but i just didnt have the time to play any more games on it, also had been looking at the facebook pool supergroup thing and saw someone had posted a pic of their league, it was a gold league, a level lower than mine and the top 5 guys all had scores down like half way through the week that were in the billions, my score for this league would barley have cracked their top 10, so tbh i forgot about it, so logged in yesterday and.....

naoxpdv7ixci.png

turns out it was good enough for the win and the 100 pool cash, but i dont think that this was indicative of the normal winning score for that level, think i got lucky with the other 299 guys i happened to get lumped in with

so i noticed this pressing the info button on the league part, which i'd never thought to do before lol, but is actually a big help.....

iuicuwsubndj.png

if i'd have known this i'd have had a much better chance of knowing what the levels and prizes were and judging how to try and win as few games as possible to win a league, so as not to move up to quickly, but i think even knowing it's an incredibly hard skill to master, and my hat goes off to you @Carlos Tales very difficult to do, i mean just looking at it now i ralise i made a mistake in judging the levels, the gold league that i saw all the guys on a billion trying to win is actually 2 levels below the pink one, so can be really tricky and is an art form

so anyway thats how it went down, was happy to win it, in the end was playing loads of berlins etc so didnt care about moving up, have missed out the dark blue level and it's taken me straight to green, i put down an early marker for the green level, some matches in berlin, some of which were played today whilst consuming plenty of champagne and can be viewed in the mobile tourney thread, dont expect too much lol, so it stands like this......

ustl9276knml.png

i won a couple since and saw that someone was on 400m, so i moved up to 500m, but looking at a lot of the accounts, i've got a feeling a lot of them are the type of accounts going for the pool cash, woulda been good to win the silver, pink, then green league in a row and get the hatrick, will try for top 3 if i get the time

so yeah, such a difficult thing to do and get right, i know i was ambivalent and kinda argued both sides, but definitely a difficult thing to get right, very very competitive in the leagues and the people you play, whatever the level, so not an easy gig, but fun to do and rewarding if you get right, i hope that balanced it out a bit for you @Tommy 37 although you seemed cool about anyway in the end and nice work building your pool cash alt up @Carlos Tales it really does take a lot of skill and judgment to balance it just right, and brings a different type of skill to the game, one that on this occasion anyway eluded me lol

Cheers :) My aim is to get as many legendary cues as possible before I hit level 100. Here my latest card... All cash won by either levelling up, few by watching videos and the rest placing in the weekly league

laz2fznohmst.png
    omy94gqn9adt.png

wow, very nice!! it really is so difficult lol how can you still only be on level 38!

so tricky to get right, i missed the gold level completely, only needed 180m as it turns out to win the pink league, so went way way overboard on that, but i thought better to get the score on the board as i knew i couldnt play anymore after saturday night, but massively over did it, the account has got like 230mil or something in it, and 200 pool cash but i'm on level 72!!! yep level 72 lol, messed it up pretty bad, ive got two legendaries on the account but i only got those at the weekend, and unless playing berlin just used the country cue, but it just still seems to fly up so quick, i know we were talking about the other 100 game challenge alt that i'd got to fly up cos i bought all the cues on it

had such difficulty keeping the level down, i'm minded you saying if you thought a league was out of reach to stop chasing so as not to level up, i think i played a lot of games i didnt need to, and instead of logging out and playing my main account i wound up getting the rings jakarta through to paris, even got 2 jakartas lol, no idea why, just the self control part of it, added to the informational part of it, knowing what the amount is to level up added to knowing what level takes you to a new colour, i was doing it pretty blind which is a poor excuse and a quick way to fail, well not fail, the accounts looking nice but i didnt want it for that wanted to see if i could balance it right, stay in the lower leagues and do what you've done, at level 72 or whatever it is now i think its probably game over, will give the race a go for this league, probably go all in with it, not much to lose, horse is out of the barn kind of thing now so no use worrying about leveling up now

already having nearly 500 pc being on level 38 and having a nice bankroll to play whatever tier you need to get the job done with as few a games as possible you've got a really good chance of building up a huge chunk of pool cash on that account, good luck!

Cheers. The real truck is patience. Last week I played and won just one Bangkok game to win 3rd place an just 10 pc. I could of contributed for first place but would have needed above 500 mil and it just can’t wasn’t worth playing for that andincreasing my level. This week 2nd if 3rd playing just 2 or 3 games is possible. Here’s this weeks league. I’d be will to play for first if it stays below 100m ... 27kjkgiddpdu.png
    Wow! That is going waaaay deeper into the game than i want to go.

I can see the challenge in working games/levels/leagues to maximise your cash.

I still think the game would be better if everyone had just one account though..