Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
If you are not currently able to login via Facebook login, please right click on the Facebook icon and choose the option to "open in a new tab". Thank you for understanding
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

Forum Problems

Nanny OggNanny Ogg Growing Old DisgracefullyPosts: 10,890 Pool Forum Veteran
@George Sweeper
@Raquel Oliveira

We have a thread for reporting game bugs, and one for reporting suspicious activity but nothing for reporting problems/bugs/glitches with the forum itself.

So I just made one ! LOL

Tagged:

Comments

• Nanny OggNanny Ogg Growing Old DisgracefullyPosts: 10,890 Pool Forum Veteran
    edited May 29
    And the first report in this thread concerns the comment boxes in the main forum.

I would love to know if anyone else is also suffering from the following problems...

At the moment, for me at least, the comment box is not accessible unless I first click on one of the BBCodes above the box.

The box is supposed to turn yellow when you click on it but this is not happening so it is impossible to type anything until I have gone through the aforementioned rigmarole.

Furthermore, when right clicking on the comment box after finally getting to type something it then turns white and the cursor disappears.

Plus it treats the comment box the same as the rest of the main page which means it is impossible to "paste" anything into the box.

• *Cheetah Girl**Cheetah Girl* Queen Bee Posts: 4,491 Pool Champion
    Nanny Ogg wrote: »
    And the first report in this thread concerns the comment boxes in the main forum.

I would love to know if anyone else is also suffering from the following problems...

At the moment, for me at least, the comment box is not accessible unless I first click on one of the BBCodes above the box.

The box is supposed to turn yellow when you click on it but this is not happening so it is impossible to type anything until I have gone through the aforementioned rigmarole.

Furthermore, when right clicking on the comment box after finally getting to type something it then turns white and the cursor disappears.

Plus it treats the comment box the same as the rest of the main page which means it is impossible to "paste" anything into the box.

@Nanny Ogg I have no issues in the forum.
    Thanks Cheetah ;)
    Thanks Cheetah ;)

You're welcome dear
  • SunidhifanSunidhifan Earthbound....Posts: 6,412 Pool Forum VIP
    I have some problems with the forum as well......but none of the technical type you have brought up here....at least not currently. I remember a few years ago there were a lot of such issues that lasted for a while, such as the cut and paste problem and the text boxes not working correctly.....If I recall correctly, they lasted a couple months and then stopped....and of course, nary a word about the issue or fixing it from staff that can recall.....one of my above mentioned 'problems'.... :*

X5lbOom.gif
  • COOLOCKERCOOLOCKER Secluder.Posts: 3,801 Pool Champion
    No issues with that type of problem on my end Nan. Im using Maxthon, but if i was using the same browser as you, i might be able to compare better. What browser are you using Nan?
    Sunidhifan wrote: »

I'm glad you mentioned the previous similar issues Jeff, I didn't because my memory isn't quite what it used to be and I didn't want to make any adverse comments about the staff response, or lack thereof, in case I misremembered LOL
    Silly me, what was I thinking LOL
    COOLOCKER wrote: »

After reading your post I decided to log in on another browser Jimmy.

I normally use Chrome and have done so for as long as I can remember.
    In fact I remember deciding to use it exclusively for Miniclip, and ONLY for Miniclip, very early on since I didn't know whether they were a trustworthy company and I wanted to keep them seperate from everything else I do online LOL

However, I am typing this from Firefox and everything is working as it should ( except for the logging in issue and the unsafe scripts that MC seem absolutely determined not to address with us lowly members :D ).

It seems a little bit shortsighted and a little less than competent for MC to have so many issues ranging across different browsers and platforms.

Sweet, at least your getting to post. Now if i can only rememebr my password, i will try chrome, lol.
    Well i got Chrome and i can post screenshot and have no issues
    Just logged on with chrome now, and despite the usual "open in incognito window" hoops that i have to go through, it seems all is ok?
    COOLOCKER wrote: »
    Just logged on with chrome now, and despite the usual "open in incognito window" hoops that i have to go through, it seems all is ok?

:+1:
    Weird that, I haven't changed any settings that might account for it so I have no idea why my computer is behaving this way :'(
    Try clearing and caches . It might help
    Try clearing and caches . It might help

Been there, done that, made not a jot of difference LOL
    Well can't think of anything else except complain to mods and administrator

Hence the tags in the OP LOL

Hence the tags in the OP LOL

True but I don't think @Raquel Oliveira works here anymore.
  • d4ve_tvd4ve_tv Posts: 190 Pool Pro
    Nan, I'm using Chrome as well and I don't seem to have the issues you're having. My comment box like this one appears at the very end of each thread and I can post without issues.

However it's quite a different story when I'm trying to read and forget about being able to post on my mobile.

Glad it's working for you now in Firefox.
    d4ve_tv wrote: »
    Nan, I'm using Chrome as well and I don't seem to have the issues you're having. My comment box like this one appears at the very end of each thread and I can post without issues.

However it's quite a different story when I'm trying to read and forget about being able to post on my mobile.

Glad it's working for you now in Firefox.

Cheers d4ve, although I am still on Chrome and putting up with the issue now since I don't trust Miniclip and it's use of "unsafe" scripts so I refuse to use it on the same browser that I do financial transactions on, especially since they refuse to even acknowledge the use of let alone explain what those scripts are and what they do.

Fortunately I can work around the posting issue by using the BBCodes and backspace to delete them once I have a working cursor in the box.

Plus, as Jeff mentioned earlier, this particular problem surfaced and subsequently disappeared some time back, so I think I shall just wait it out LOL

Plus, as Jeff mentioned earlier, this particular problem surfaced and subsequently disappeared some time back, so I think I shall just wait it out LOL

Update:

I didn't have to wait too long either ! The comment box has gone back to normal today Yay !