Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

What music did you listen to last?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 276 admin
edited March 30 in Off Topic
This is the place to talk about the music you enjoy and get recommendations from other fans! Please be polite and respect other people's opinions - everyone likes different stuff!

I'll start us off! I love metal in all its forms, in particular doom, black, sludge and stoner metal - yeah, there are a ton of metal sub-genres! This is what I'm listening to at the moment:

Boris are one of my favourite bands, a Japanese trio who over the years have played a huge range of music, from drone and noise to sludge metal and even a bit of J-pop. This is a great recent track of theirs:

I also have a soft spot for classic and alt hip-hop. This is a massive tune:

Finally, I've been getting into noise music recently, including this fantastic new album from a guy called Prurient. Warning: it's called noise music for a reason! Not for the faint of heart.

Anyway, hopefully that's enough to get the conversation started! Share your favourite songs and bands with everyone and enjoy the wonders of music! I can't wait to listen to some of your recommendations!
Post edited by Tetsumonchi on

Comments

• kunal908kunal908 Posts: 3,605 Pool Champion
    Eminem - The Monster
  • RaquelRaquel Posts: 1,505 admin

One of my current favorties, Banks.

• KING-OLEKING-OLE Posts: 413 mod
    edited July 2015
    Dizzy Mizz Lizzy - Made to Believe.

One of favorite Danish bands who recently got back together and released a couple of new songs, this being one of them:

Dramagods - Love (full album)

Nuno Bettencourt, one of my all-time favorite guitarists/songwriters is behind this album:

• kunal908kunal908 Posts: 3,605 Pool Champion
    Currently I'm listening to....

Eminem - Not Afraid
  • Michael HuangMichael Huang Posts: 4,114 mod

I share various of interests in music, but mainly in electronic/dance music. Here is the one I love listening to

• -Kilkiju--Kilkiju- Posts: 115 Pool Pro
    edited July 2015
    Raquel wrote: »
    One of my current favorites, Banks.

Wow, sweet! I love Banks, especially this remix of her song 'Begging for thread' it's just amazing!
    I'd like to know how you like it :smile:
    I'll leave the link below, but in general...
    I listen to many kinds of music, I got a youtube feed which contains new music uploads from over 400 different channels... so I just listen to what I get, and add the songs I like to my playlist...
    I found to like so much different stuff I already have over 50 different playlists for songs :joy:
    Got to do that so stay on track of what I like...
    The genres vary from death metal to future house and from pop to trance and almost anything in between... there are great songs in every genre imo.

• RaquelRaquel Posts: 1,505 admin

@-Kilkiju- Mr Suicide Sheep has some really cool tracks. Had not heard this verson of the song yet. It is pretty cool!

If you like Banks, Glass Animals has a similar tone:

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 276 admin
    edited July 2015
    -Kilkiju- wrote: »
    The genres vary from death metal to future house and from pop to trance and almost anything in between... there are great songs in every genre imo.

Totally agree. Different people like different stuff, but there is great music in every genre. It's all just personal taste.

This is Pallbearer, one of my favourite bands at the moment. Emotional, atmospheric doom. Got to see them live last month, it was ace.

edited July 2015
    @Raquel that's nice and chill :D I like the beat especially :)
    Now here's a more weird one (maybe), but has some same elements as the one you posted when it comes to the "triangle" sounds or whatever they were. So a very little donkey bridge here xD

@Crunch King Sorry missed your post, I love rock especially the kind of rock that gives me nostalgia... the one you posted feels just like if I went back in time lol nice ^^

• MR MISSMR MISS Posts: 541 Pool Expert
    I am interested in a LOT of genres but I am a huge blues guitar fan. Used to play it for many years but don't have enough time anymore. These are a few of my favourite tracks. ;)

edited July 2015
    @Joshuascott123 _ I love this remix of 'This summer's gonna hurt' :)

• ItBePinguYo!ItBePinguYo! Posts: 175
    Any Avicii fans?

@M4 IV Silhouettes is my favorite from Avicii :)

• Michael HuangMichael Huang Posts: 4,114 mod
    edited July 2015
    M4 IV wrote: »
    Any Avicii fans?

*raise hands*

Here is another music you should listen to. ;)

• NorthWalescoastNorthWalescoast Posts: 1,268
    I enjoy making home made electronic music.
    Yes I'm sixty odd years old but so what?
    Please have a listen here and let me know what you think .... I can take it on the chin.
    https://www.reverbnation.com/jackbis61yearsold/songs
  • AgentCueballAgentCueball Posts: 9,722
    edited July 2015
    M4 IV wrote: »
    Any Avicii fans?

*raise hands*

Here is another music you should listen to. ;)

*raised hand high*

one of the best video + music + scene + puke ... LOL
  • KatyKittyXKatyKittyX aka Crazy mad dotty duckPosts: 3,504 Pool Champion
    @NorthWalescoast ... please kindly use the "edit" gear symbol at top right corner next to your post to edit your post for additional, change or remove ... double or triple etc post (in a row) is not allowed

He's a having a moody blues moment (who ever they are) leave him be lol

• NorthWalescoastNorthWalescoast Posts: 1,268
    edited July 2015
    Post edited by NorthWalescoast on
  • Zanna136Zanna136 Semper ludensPosts: 1,996 Pool Champion
    my latest finding, of monsters and men, impressive song and vid from their 2nd album, i also fell in love with their first album "my head is an animal"

[video]

These Icelandics are surely unique. I listened to them while on walk, felt so unconnectd to surrounding world, could have kept going for hours... :blush:

And lately I have been listening a lot of latest Alice in Chains album...

[video]