Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
If you are not currently able to login via Facebook login, please right click on the Facebook icon and choose the option to "open in a new tab". Thank you for understanding
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

Share your favorite books!

kunal908kunal908 Posts: 3,606 Pool Champion
edited August 2015 in Off Topic

Comments

• INdiR3t W4rR10r INdiR3t W4rR10r Posts: 236 Pool Pro
    If someone Like Urdu Poetry That "Quliat-e-Iqbal" is the Best One .
  • No one Like books!
    hahah
  • AgentCueballAgentCueball Posts: 9,722
    Holy Bible for my soul/spirit and Buddha's teaching for my mind
  • darksidemikedarksidemike Posts: 1,139
    The complete Far Side collection by Gary Larson.
  • Vex PremiumVex Premium Posts: 253 Pool Pro
    Harry Potter,Hatchet
  • The Titan!The Titan! Posts: 819 Pool Expert
    Comic books like Teen Titans, Batman, Simpsons
  • AgentCueballAgentCueball Posts: 9,722
    edited August 2015

thanks for reminding me ... Calvin and Hobbes ... loving it !!!

pavqhwg7v8os.jpg
  • Vex PremiumVex Premium Posts: 253 Pool Pro

thanks for reminding me ... Calvin and Hobbes ... loving it !!!

pavqhwg7v8os.jpg

Love Calvin And Hobbes <3
  • 50 Shades of Grey
  • SabahSabah Posts: 2,556 Pool Champion
    LOL :D :joy:
    Ummmn i'd say the autobiography of Alex Ferguson was funny to read.. But my favourite has to be Goodnight Mr Tom
  • yakoubyakoubyakoubyakoub Posts: 805 Pool Expert
    the Holy Quran is my favorite book to read.
  • cidercodercidercoder Posts: 1,068 Pool Champion
    edited January 10
    Cider with Rosie - Laurie Lee
  • G11gamingG11gaming Rock out :BPosts: 4,555 Pool Champion
    Lofty Wisemans - sas survival handbook.
    *Aurora* wrote: »
    100 ways to kill a forum.

Is that a new one!? .... haha where can i grab a copy? :*
    G11gaming wrote: »
    100 ways to kill a forum.

Is that a new one!? .... haha where can i grab a copy? :*

Um... weren't you the co-author?

i don't do things in halves... haha. i am awaiting a mob bashing! ... hey wait we are civilized humans, don't do it. o:) >:) <3
  • Urban SpacemanUrban Spaceman Emergency Landing Posts: 758 Pool Expert
    My old school homework books , not a mark on them outside or inside :D
  • MozoidMozoid Posts: 773 Pool Expert
    edited January 12
    Yellow pages, each printing the story changed. Bit like the bible but more focused on plumbers. I think the author died, J.R. Hartley. Under fishy circumstances.
    Mozoid wrote: »
    Yellow pages, each printing the story changed. Bit like the bible but more focused on plumbers. I think the author died, J.R. Hartley. Under fishy circumstances.

telephone-book-yellow-pages-torn-phone-booth-at5jmg.jpg

phone-book-in-derelict-phone-box-kerrera-scotland-bnkepd.jpg

Those books were fun back in the day - shame that the good ole red box died a death. " who ya gonna call " >:) :D
  • killum!natikillum!nati Time discovers truthPosts: 1,387 Pool Champion
    edited January 18
    I added these two on my list recently...

Confessions of an Economic Hit Man

Summery :
    "Economic hit men,” John Perkins writes, “are highly paid professionals who cheat countries around the globe out of trillions of dollars. Their tools include fraudulent financial reports, rigged elections, payoffs, extortion, ****, and murder.”

John Perkins should know—he was an economic hit man. His job was to convince countries that are strategically important to the U.S.—from Indonesia to Panama—to accept enormous loans for infrastructure development, and to make sure that the lucrative projects were contracted to U. S. corporations. Saddled with huge debts, these countries came under the control of the United States government, World Bank and other U.S.-dominated aid agencies that acted like loan sharks—dictating repayment terms and bullying foreign governments into submission.

This New York Times bestseller exposes international intrigue, corruption, and little-known government and corporate activities that have dire consequences for American democracy and the world. It is a compelling story that also offers hope and a vision for realizing the American dream of a just and compassionate world that will bring us greater security.

uzo8ef9ykmxw.jpg

The 2nd one is called The New Confessions of an Economic Hit Man and the publisher's Summary :

( The New York Times best seller, updated and expanded, featuring 15 explosive new chapters )

The previous edition of this now-classic book revealed the existence and subversive manipulations of "economic hit men". John Perkins wrote that economic hit men (EHM) "are highly paid professionals who cheat countries around the globe out of trillions of dollars. Their tools include fraudulent financial reports, rigged elections, payoffs, extortion, ****, and murder". In Perkins' case, the tool was debt - convincing strategically important countries to borrow huge amounts of money for enormous "development" projects that served the very rich while driving the country deeper into poverty and debt. And once indebted, these countries could be controlled.

In this latest edition, Perkins provides revealing new details about how he and others did their work. But, more importantly, in an explosive new section, he describes how the EHM tools are being used around the world more widely than ever - even in the United States. The cancer has metastasized, yet most people still aren't aware of it.

Fear and debt drive the EHM system. We are hammered with messages that terrify us into believing that we must pay any price, assume any debt, to stop the enemies who, we are told, lurk at our doorsteps. The EHM system - employing false economics, bribes, surveillance, deception, debt, coups, assassinations, and unbridled military power - has become the dominant system of economics, government, and society today. It has created what Perkins calls a "death economy". But Perkins offers hope: He concludes with dozens of specific, concrete suggestions for actions all of us can take to wrest control of our world away from the economic hit men and help give birth to a life economy

x0w4f8m2bysr.jpg