Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

8 and 9 Ball Quick Fire Pool Scores - Post Your Result Here! (PLUS Even More Challenges!)

Comments

• AgentCueballAgentCueball Posts: 9,722

• Make sure to have "Tap to Aim" on for mobile.
    • Decide where you want to adjust the power.
    • With one of your hands, tap near the object ball, the one you want to pocket. Another hand should focus on adjusting the power and spin. With two hands, you save more time in making shots.
    • Timing is crucial when you set up your shot. When the cue aim line appears, try to instantly tap the correct position of the ghost ball. Then, quickly set the power.
    • Set soft power when you make non-cut shots. For cut shot, do as best as you can to calculate the right power.
    • To save more time, avoid being too serious about the ball traveling directly to the pocket. Make it hit a cushion and then, travel into the pocket.
    • If you noticed frozen balls, figure out the way to break it.
    • Indirect shots are crucially important...

and don't let the cue ball rolling for long period of time (wasting time) ... use slightly backspin to make it halt and go shoot the next shot :)
  • Michael HuangMichael Huang Posts: 4,114 mod

• With one of your hands, tap near the object ball, the one you want to pocket. Another hand should focus on adjusting the power and spin. With two hands, you save more time in making shots.
    • Timing is crucial when you set up your shot. When the cue aim line appears, try to instantly tap the correct position of the ghost ball. Then, quickly set the power.
    • Set soft power when you make non-cut shots. For cut shot, do as best as you can to calculate the right power.
    • To save more time, avoid being too serious about the ball traveling directly to the pocket. Make it hit a cushion and then, travel into the pocket.

and don't let the cue ball rolling for long period of time (wasting time) ... use slightly backspin to make it halt and go shoot the next shot :)

For mobile, you can't set the spin while setting up your angle and power. The reason why you should not set bottom spin so much for the game is that you waste few seconds determining the spin for each shot. You are supposed to hit the cue ball on the top-right hand corner and then, decide the spin. This makes 1-2 second difference, including the cue-ball-zooming.

Otherwise, if you are playing PC Quick Fire, the setup is easy, but there is no power bar to guide you to set the consistent soft powers. The key is to use the little bottom spin and some good power to perform either the hold or the stop on the ball, depending on the ball setup.

For mobile, you can't set the spin while setting up your angle and power. The reason why you should not set bottom spin so much for the game is that you waste few seconds determining the spin for each shot. You are supposed to hit the cue ball on the top-right hand corner and then, decide the spin. This makes 1-2 second difference, including the cue-ball-zooming.

Otherwise, if you are playing PC Quick Fire, the setup is easy, but there is no power bar to guide you to set the consistent soft powers. The key is to use the little bottom spin and some good power to perform either the hold or the stop on the ball, depending on the ball setup.

it feels like cue ball rolling longer without spin than quick touch touch (2 touch) on spin then pull power ... I am talking about a speck of spin to stop rolling the cue ball ... have you try it ? ... I did ... like I said ... it feels like cue ball rolling longer without spin ... maybe if I am up to quickfire ... I will recording it :)
    New Score Updated By Me on Mobile
    aon4pnxtwqav.png
    edited July 2015
    Amazing Nasu!! Well done! Was it hard?

It's very difficult reaching to very high score since the features for mobile are different from others for PC. It takes a lot of time to have good amount of cue and finger sensitivity to the screen. ;)

Edit: So far, the current high scores for 8 Ball Quick Fire Pool for both platforms are as followed...
    • Web version: @Zoggg - 79,475 points
    • iOS/Android version: @Michael Huang (aka NasuSamaruk0) - 54,575 points

Let's see if we can have more users posting their results here. ;)
    Amazing Nasu!! Well done! Was it hard?

It's very difficult reaching to very high score since the features for mobile are different from others for PC. It takes a lot of time to have good amount of cue and finger sensitivity to the screen. ;)

Yes. It is! Is PC easy?

When playing on PC, you need to know certain amount of power. The setting up is easy if you prepare where to position the ball before executing the shot, and the type of spin you set. Here is the new record that almost matches up with the average PC pro's score. ;)

rytlgj5aopiy.png
  • MR MISSMR MISS Posts: 542 Pool Expert
    I honestly thought 3 seconds was impossible but now you have it down to nearly 2. Are you playing on ipad @Michael Huang ? Would love if you could record using AZ screen recorder on a score close to 60k as you must play like a tazmanian devil. Lol

MR MISS wrote: »
    I honestly thought 3 seconds was impossible but now you have it down to nearly 2. Are you playing on ipad @Michael Huang ? Would love if you could record using AZ screen recorder on a score close to 60k as you must play like a tazmanian devil. Lol

To be honest, I play on mobile, but it's much easier playing on iPad due to larger-sized screen. I do not have the screen recorder for mobile (I only have one for PC).
    There are planty of free screen recorders available for mobile Michael. Would be very cool if you could download one and show us this high score in a video. :)

There are planty of free screen recorders available for mobile Michael. Would be very cool if you could download one and show us this high score in a video. :)

Hey sir! I have a non rooted, ASUS MEMO pad 7 tablet. Please can you tell me the best recorder i should use?
    I am not entirely sure which screen recorder would better suit your tablet but I can do some research for you. ;) Do you have access to the Google play store?

Hey sir! I have a non rooted, ASUS MEMO pad 7 tablet. Please can you tell me the best recorder i should use?
    I am not entirely sure which screen recorder would better suit your tablet but I can do some research for you. ;) Do you have access to the Google play store?

Okay! Thanks sir. Much appreciated!! Yes, I have access to Google play store. Btw, my tablet is Android
    Cool then make a search for AZ Screen recorder. ;)

auiuvzxkth17.jpg
    Which one? It doesn't say AZ screen recorder there
    grb6ndh4mdsf.png

auiuvzxkth17.jpg
    grb6ndh4mdsf.png

Cheers! Give me a min and I will hopefully have it!
    says my device isn't compatible with the version

Can you upgrade your device software to a newer version? I have it on Samsung Galaxy S5 and it works perfectly.
    auiuvzxkth17.jpg
    grb6ndh4mdsf.png

Cheers! Give me a min and I will hopefully have it!
    says my device isn't compatible with the version

Can you upgrade your device software to a newer version? I have it on Samsung Galaxy S5 and it works perfectly.

There is no newer version. I have the latest. I have the latest on all my devices. What shall I do?
    I am not sure as I can't see a reason why AZ won't install on your device. I think the best thing to do is download a few and run a few tests on ones that will install on your device.

I can't find AZ recorder online by the way, @MR MISS . I will do my best to download one from Google Play Store... Hopefully, I will show you how I reach 50k+ points on mobile.
    edited July 2015

I can't find AZ recorder online by the way, @MR MISS . I will do my best to download one from Google Play Store... Hopefully, I will show you how I reach 50k+ points on mobile.

@Michael Huang
    You will not find it if your android is NOT lollipop and I even tried apk file on non-lollipop and it does not works, either.

I have tried them all ... AZ Recorder for Lollipop only and (for non-lollipop or/and (non samsung but still works and not full screen and bugging WiFi ) Mobizen are the 2 best screen recorder ... period.

Lollipop have its own screen recorder but limited to like 1.9MB video ... but add the paid AZ Recorder app to it ... unlimited recording ... you will find videos in my "Call the Shot" that is recording with AZ Recorder and edit on Microsoft Movie Maker :)

I have it ... AZ Recorder is for android's lollipop only ... http://blissroms.com/ onto my Samsung 10.1" (2012 model or n8013) ... it was stock Kit Kat 4.1.2

Let me know if you need help :)

beside AZ recorder ... if you don't have samsung ... then mobizen.com is your best answer ... (samsung got disputed with mobizen and now I can not play in full screen on my monitor at this time)

I have mentioned it in this "How to obtain evience" discussion
    Post edited by AgentCueball on

Would genuinely love to see it Michael. :) It's an amazing score. :)
  • wafflepiratewafflepirate ring rash roadPosts: 634 Pool Expert
  • Rowunbeat!Rowunbeat! Posts: 1,448 Pool Champion
    Improved my personal best to 82525
    Improved my personal best to 82525

Well done, reaching the current best score in this thread!

As of now, we have the following reigning champions...
    • Web - @MonkieDonkie (82525 points)
    • Tablet/Mobile - myself (58600 points)