Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

It appears that your opponent won't show.

Gordon MillsGordon Mills Posts: 79 Pool Player
It appears to me that when some players see who they are drawn against they immediately press the back button to avoid playing that opponent. It happens to me about six or seven times every couple of hours of play.
In my humble opinion they should forfeit the game. Also, why have a countdown of 30 seconds? Once they have gone they stay gone, it's a waste of time.

Comments

• Dalton ModeratorDalton Moderator Forum Moderator Los Angeles, CAPosts: 6,947 mod
    Hi @Scottishark,

I have moved this thread to the feedback section for discussion and consideration amongst the community and developers.

Cheers,
    Dalton
  • It appears to me that when some players see who they are drawn against they immediately press the back button to avoid playing that opponent. It happens to me about six or seven times every couple of hours of play.
    In my humble opinion they should forfeit the game. Also, why have a countdown of 30 seconds? Once they have gone they stay gone, it's a waste of time.

Yeah, why is that? it's getting to be VERY annoying. Make them lose at least half of what they've wagered

• See the reason this wouldn't work is that it's not always intentional.

I've been having severe connection issues with the game today. I have to leave it for two minutes before my coins even show up.

However, there are 35,000 people playing today. I can't see that many people playing with connection issues like this, which means it's on my end. Not bad internet, as Kodi is streaming just fine, but I've just got a bad connection to the game today. This results in me only being able to actually play one out of ten matches. The rest are "It appears your opponent won't show" screens.

So with the problem being on my end it would make me pay half the wager because I "Disconnected."

If I were forced to pay half of my wager, I'd be out of coins by now. (I'm a filthy casual)
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Growing Old DisgracefullyPosts: 10,440 Pool Forum Veteran
    It's not just you and it's not your end Joshua, I gave up trying to play hours ago cos it's so bad :'(
  • I've been getting "It seems your opponent won't show" all day. I agree with everybody else. The 30 second countdown is just a waste of time. I've used Internet Explorer and Google Chrome and have the same problem with both browsers.
  • wargames-joshuawargames-joshua Posts: 6 Pool Player
    Yep, me too, it appears your opponent wont show happens all day today. Not sure whats going on.
  • boblecoachboblecoach Posts: 358 Pool Pro
    1yg9akbbcpxc.png

All day here, EXTREMELY annoying

• Gordon MillsGordon Mills Posts: 79 Pool Player
    Glitch by the look of it . . .
  • TerryTerry Posts: 4 New Member
    pleased they gpt it sorted. STILL like to know how they can back out of a game after the coins have gone in the pot, without penalty. Does this mean you can pick and choose who you play.
  • TerryTerry Posts: 4 New Member
    if you press a high stake game by mistake, does this mean you can back out. if so , how do you do it. ??
  • Rowunbeat!Rowunbeat! Posts: 1,469 Pool Champion
    Terry wrote: »
    if you press a high stake game by mistake, does this mean you can back out. if so , how do you do it. ??

just close the 8ball tab or your browser before the game starts
  • AdamTryTheApplesAdamTryTheApples Posts: 1,509 Pool Champion
    5 games in a row, 5 different tiers, is annoying af!

nudp9ggpcc65.png
  • Ryan CawdorRyan Cawdor Posts: 293 Pool Pro
    Terry wrote: »
    pleased they gpt it sorted. STILL like to know how they can back out of a game after the coins have gone in the pot, without penalty. Does this mean you can pick and choose who you play.

Yup. I used to do it all of the time. But these days, I just resign myself to play whoever I'm matched with.
  • TrickshotGrampsTrickshotGramps Posts: 18 Pool Player
    Just for the info of all who have experienced the "won't show" message - it does not even matter if you try a different website ( one that has the miniclip pool game on it ); the results are the same.........maybe them being based in Sweden makes a difference ??
  • *tareko**tareko* Posts: 3,529 Pool Champion
    Just for the info of all who have experienced the "won't show" message - it does not even matter if you try a different website ( one that has the miniclip pool game on it ); the results are the same.........maybe them being based in Sweden makes a difference ??

i think that a new update is comming cause that the game is slow at this moments
  • *DashingAgent**DashingAgent* Posts: 1,080 Pool Champion
    Also, my stats reset when i logged in now ...... :)
  • I keep getting the 30 second countdown showing me that the opponent wont show, but when the time runs out its ME that gets knocked out and they go through to the next round. Its happened at least 4 times now and is absolutely nuts
  • It appears to me that when some players see who they are drawn against they immediately press the back button to avoid playing that opponent. It happens to me about six or seven times every couple of hours of play.
    Althecob wrote: »
    I keep getting the 30 second countdown showing me that the opponent wont show, but when the time runs out its ME that gets knocked out and they go through to the next round. Its happened at least 4 times now and is absolutely nuts
    Althecob wrote: »
    I keep getting the 30 second countdown showing me that the opponent wont show, but when the time runs out its ME that gets knocked out and they go through to the next round. Its happened at least 4 times now and is absolutely nuts

I am getting the 30 second countdown all day today and when i entered a London tournament my opponent did not show yet he won the game, i lose 200 coins for that !
  • COOLOCKERCOOLOCKER Who's yer Daddy?Posts: 3,384 Pool Champion
    edited February 2016
    Same here. If i do manage to get a game going and i click on the players profile, im left hanging.