Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

Welcome! Introduce yourself here

Comments

• SunidhifanSunidhifan Earthbound....Posts: 5,884 Pool Forum VIP
    edited October 2017
    Once again, I must apologize for being remiss in posting welcomes here ...to all who have joined since my last post, big welcome.... :)

@Wilbur - My condolences on your wife's health as well...respect for your dedication to her....

I too found succor and comfort in the game myself for a long time with some serious health issues which kept me house-bound for quite a while....

This thread discusses the problem a little bit:

https://www.miniclip.com/social/8-ball-pool/forum/en/#/discussion/27033/need-to-update-to-the-new-version/p2

And somewhere, I cannot find it now....there was an official response saying that the newest update was not offered everywhere at once...but slowly introduced in stages in different locales.....

Edit: Ah...it was not an official post here that I saw....it was a post in that thread of an image from support to Todd that I saw it....in this post:

58hjrrqs2d06.png

I think that is close to an official response on the issue as we will get here..... :*

I know nothing about mobile version, specialty cues and vip stuff, so cannot help there....

And Dave was correct about giving items to others....no feature like that exists yet that I am aware of..... ;)

Many of the promo offers are done through email...at least I get tons of them.....it seems mainly from the email provided at sign-up and from when I signed up to try playing the new version on PC when it was in beta.....I never used to get emails from them before that anyways.........I do not think that sign-up option is available anymore either now that the HTML5 version is the default one....

Good luck and have fun here.... :)

X5lbOom.gif

Post edited by Sunidhifan on
  • George SweeperGeorge Sweeper Posts: 63 admin
    Sunidhifan wrote: »
    ]Edit: Ah...it was not an official post here that I saw....it was a post in that thread of an image from support to Todd that I saw it....in this post:[/b]

Yes , that's our official response for those contacting our customer support.

@Wilbur , the cues you mention have been offered on Facebook. You can Like our official page and join our official 8ballpool Supergroup to keep up to date with our giveaways.

Welcome to the Forum.
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Growing Old DisgracefullyPosts: 10,489 Pool Forum Veteran
    Wilbur wrote: »
    Hi, my name is Wilbur. I use my name and profile pic in the game. My wife has Alzheimer's so I had to retire to give her 24/7 care. Found this game and it has given me some peace time when i can sneak a about or so (mostly evenings when I get her to bed :-) )

Wilbur

Hi Wilbur, and a very warm welcome to the forum.

I went through the same situation that you are in, gave up a successful career in management and spent 10 years taking care of my Father who was physically disabled as well as suffering from Dementia, until he passed away back in 2015.
    This game is one of the things that helped keep me sane for the latter half of that time, and not long after his death I discovered the forum as well, and have been here ever since.
    I hope this game, this place and the people here can go some way to helping to alleviate some of the stresses and pressures that I know only too well that you are currently having to cope with.
    Good Luck and Best Wishes.

• COOLOCKERCOOLOCKER Posts: 3,443 Pool Champion
    Welcome aboard Wilbur.

Like the above welcomes, i now find myself back at home and i am caring for my mother. She had a stroke many years ago (among many other health issues), but is starting to go downhill a lot lately. We almost lost her a few weeks back. I started to care for her about 5 months ago, so i am only starting out on that path.

Yep, this forum is, and can be a release for others when times are tough. I hope it brings you some joy my man, and that things go as smoothly as they can for you.

Wishing you all the best.

• WilburWilbur Posts: 169 Pool Pro
    Thank you for the kind words. Sorry to hear about your mom. Prayers

Maybe play a game or two soon. :-)
    David Rohrer, thank you for your reply and kind words.

Hope to play a game or two with you. :-)
    I am learning how to use forum, so I will say thank you to all that have replied and kind words. :-)

If you see me on line love to play :-)
    edited October 2017
    Sunidhifan wrote: »
    ]Edit: Ah...it was not an official post here that I saw....it was a post in that thread of an image from support to Todd that I saw it....in this post:[/b]

Yes , that's our official response for those contacting our customer support.

Ah....OK....thanks..... ;)

I now stand corrected on my post both here and in the "How would you grow the forum" thread....where I said it took a week to get an official response from staff here on the Official 8 Ball Pool Forum regarding the subject......since that image was posted by a regular member but never officially confirmed here as correct.....until now...... :*

So I will correct my comment (even though I cannot edit it in the other thread as such since it is past the new 24 hour editing window {a change I really like by the way...from 1 hour to 24 hours is great}) to reflect that....

It took nearly a month to get an official confirmation here on the forum ...not a week as I previously stated......my bad.... :)

X5lbOom.gif

edited October 2017
    Ah.....it appears there is a glitch of some sort.....my comment associated with the above post does not appear..... :*

Actually thought I might have been silenced for a bit..... :D

Edit: Never mind.....it was my fault with a missing close quote BBCode element.....comment is there now.....my bad.... ;)

X5lbOom.gif
  • Michael CarltonMichael Carlton Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi I'm mike I love this game and yh that's it.. Lol
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Growing Old DisgracefullyPosts: 10,489 Pool Forum Veteran
    Hi Mike, welcome to the nuthouse, you don't have to be mad to play here... but it helps ;)
    Hi I'm mike I love this game and yh that's it.. Lol

Hi Michael....welcome to the forum..... :)

I was raised in Carlton, Minnesota......20 miles outside Duluth..... ;)

Not really pertinent I guess....just one of those interesting quirks in life.... :D

Good luck and have fun.... :) ................Proceed with caution...the game is very addictive.... :*

X5lbOom.gif
  • David711 David711 Posts: 5 Pool Player
    David my game name is HOP, nice to meet new friends here.
    kunal908 wrote: »
    Welcome everyone. :D

Enjoy your time here!
    Kunal

Thank you
    David my game name is HOP, nice to meet new friends here.

Hello David.....welcome to the forum.... :)

X5lbOom.gif

• George SweeperGeorge Sweeper Posts: 63 admin
    Hello @David711 . Welcome to the forum. Help yourself to the peanuts.
    Thank you. And a hello to all.✌✌✋✋✋✋
  • KnutKaseKnutKase Posts: 5 New Member
    KnutKase here ... from Texas. Been playing 8 Ball for some time now. Having fun with it ... great product.
  • G11gamingG11gaming Rock out :BPosts: 4,555 Pool Champion
    KnutKase wrote: »
    KnutKase here ... from Texas. Been playing 8 Ball for some time now. Having fun with it ... great product.

Hi, welcome.... hope you enjoy your stay. B)
    edited November 2017
    Hello and welcome to the KnutHouse @KnutKase ..... :)

I am in Oregon....but have been to and through Texas more than once.... ;)

X5lbOom.gif