Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
If you are not currently able to login via Facebook login, please right click on the Facebook icon and choose the option to "open in a new tab". Thank you for understanding
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

8 Ball Pool keeps connecting... on iOS

GhaithGhaith Posts: 6
edited May 2015 in Help & Feedback
Dear 8 ball pool players, I have a weird problem since yesterday, when I open the the game, it keeps loading (connecting ...) and does not load home board at all, I've tried removing the game and reinstall it, login with Facebook, login with MiniClip username ... nothing is working, my phone details are as below:
iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3, game version: 3.2.2
Please help!!! thank you.

Comments

• GhaithGhaith Posts: 6
    From Safari settings, right?
    I've tried to clear cache in Safari, and same thing!!
  • Dalton ModeratorDalton Moderator Forum Moderator Los Angeles, CAPosts: 6,951 mod
    Hi Ghaith,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing an issue. Are you connecting to your cell providers network, or a WiFi network?

Dalton
    @TDoGWarrior can you please let me know how can I clear my phone's cache? and Yes, I have rebooted my phone.
    @Dalton I've tried both WiFi and Provider's network, same issue, it keeps connecting with no luck
  • Dalton ModeratorDalton Moderator Forum Moderator Los Angeles, CAPosts: 6,951 mod
    Ghaith wrote: »
    @Dalton I've tried both WiFi and Provider's network, same issue, it keeps connecting with no luck

Does this happen when you're in the middle of a game, just when navigating the app, or both? Come to think of it, I often will experience connection issues while in the middle a game, and just assume that the other person I'm playing has a poor connection. It doesn't happen all the time, but sometimes.

Because it sounds like you've tried everything, and I don't have a confirmation that this occurs when your opponent has a poor connection, my only advice would be submitting a support ticket with Miniclip's Support Department. Please briefly describe the situation, and they will be more than happy to look at your situation and help!

Please allow a few days for a response.

You can create a support ticket by visiting: https://miniclip.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Best of luck,
    Dalton
    before you do this

I am not sure if this reset back to day 1 or cleaned out ... so read carefully ... if you are uncomfortable about the procedures ...

Do NOT do it.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2640806?start=0&tstart=0

Oh goodness, no, don't do that. That is erasing your whole iPhone. That will delete every last thing you have on your device including messages, photos, settings, notes, calendar events, apps, etc.

This is just a minor connection issue either with the app or the other players you're playing. Clearing out your phone will not help solve these issue.
  • RobieRobie Posts: 18
    please check with the cellphone carrier and see if there has been any updates to the phone..the programming on the IPhone changes alot..there may be a setting that can be changed.. especailly if you have or added an antivirus program on the phone itself
    Guys, it is working now on 3G network only, on WiFi the same problem, keeps connecting ... What do you think the problem is?
    Guys, it is working now on 3G network only, on WiFi the same problem, keeps connecting ... What do you think the problem is?

If it's only happening on WiFi and not your 3G network, it sounds like you're having some connection issues with your router. For that, you'll want to call your internet provider.
    Dalton wrote: »

If it's only happening on WiFi and not your 3G network, it sounds like you're having some connection issues with your router. For that, you'll want to call your internet provider.
    But my roommate has HTC with android operating system and it is working on the same WiFi connection, this problem is weird!

Interesting. I wish I had another solution for you. At this point, I've done as much troubleshooting as I can. My only last thing I could suggest to you may be to reset your router. Unplug it for 25 seconds, then plug it back in. After that, go to your iPhone's Settings, click WiFi, click the "i" in the circle next to your network, tap "Renew Lease" and re-login to your network if asked. This methods refreshes your home's WiFi network and your phones connection to the network.

If you're still experiencing issues, you may reach out to Miniclip's support team who may have additional information for you, however, it's my guess that this may be an issue that has nothing to do with the game.

You may open a new ticket here: https://miniclip.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Best of luck,
    Dalton
  • could you solve this problem ?. I have several months waiting for a solution to the same problem , even after asking for a tickect and wait for their response has no solution , I have a ios 7.1.3 iphone 5s .
  • WetPotterWetPotter Posts: 216
    This is a difficult one and I can only offer guesses.

Some routers have a "set-up" page that activates the first time a particular device is connected. Any web page you attempt to load will redirect to this set up page and you cannot browse normally until you complete it. I doubt this is the issue as you've probably had your phone connected to the router for a long time. But just in case you haven't or haven't done any web browsing on it yet, I'll mention this one.

Networking is a tricky thing. The 3G will work by accessing a proxy server. This sometimes makes any outgoing connection appear to the application as being a local connection. 8 ball pool is coded to allow all local connections (i assume for test purposes), so the 3G might be fixing a more deeply engrained issue.

I'm not familiar with iOS so I don't know if this is a thing. But can you block an app from accessing the internet? If so, check that you haven't done it by accident. A 3G connection may bypass such a block (see previously)

Home routers are rubbish. They have very little memory and can quickly become unstable or crash if their NAT mapping becomes too much for its piddly amount of memory. Things like BitTorrent running on another device configured to allow unlimited connections can crash or destabilize a router in seconds. It may well happen that one device will still work while another won't or experiences inconsistent connection issues. Rebooting the router and figuring out what's messing with it would solve it if this is the case.

Sorry, that's all I can offer. Dalton covered the most likely points already.

• hhhsimoeshhhsimoes Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I ask you for my coins balance so I can se how I spend each one.
    I suspect that I was stoled by other user hack or by some game issue and you can imagine... if the users can't trust in it, how continue play and spend money with this fantastic game.
    Thanks.
  • Thanks for trying to help, but I still have the same problem. after trying some iphones on the same wireless network where the result was the same, I decided to contact my Internet provider and they tell me that the problem is in the app but do not know to explain why. With this clear to me that the problem is with my modem, even so decided to contact miniclip I am still waiting for their response.
  • thanks for trying to help
  • 8 ballpoll wrote: »
    thanks for trying to help

success or still failed ?
  • I have the same problem in my iphone 6, when I try play it always says connecting with my wifi, the weird is that with android the app work great in the same network wifi .. i think is a problem with the app for ios...the solution is a vpn for make the game work...
  • Since upgrading iPad to ios9 I am unable to play 8 ballybcnkzruic6e.png
    Is there a work around ?
    Just a reminder, this is a known issue and the mobile development team is working on a fix for this. We'll have an update soon. Thank you for being patient. :)

At this time, there is no work around except for reinstalling iOS 8 which I highly do not recommend.

Dalton