Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

Cue control of spin & side not working

Hi there, I have recently updated to Windows 10 and ever since I have noticed that when playing pool here that I have lost the control over the spin & side button, I have selected bottom spin to avoid following the object ball into the pocket only for it to have instead top spin and chases the object ball into the pocket like a rabbit down a hole, this has cost me a few games one way and another and I am getting quite frustrated....any ideas why this is happening

Comments

• boblecoachboblecoach Posts: 358 Pool Pro
    It has happen a few times here too, the back spin didn't work. It's not as if I rarely use it, I use back spin on 50% of my shots but sometimes it just doesn't work

• Borat-Borat- Posts: 11
    Yeah ball control is a big part of my game its causing me considerable disruption....lol but seriously it is a pain......is there no way to cure this anyone.....
  • AgentCueballAgentCueball Posts: 9,722
    I dont have a problem with spin ... I am using Jester, Lightning or Platinum cue ... need whole a lot of power to produce a spin off a beginner cue, but not enough spin ... Consider a high spin cue

Jester cue is only 85 cash which is the lowest price with the highest spin as possible for that low price :)
    ok I never thought about changing cues......i'll give it a try and post the results....thanks cueball
    Borat- wrote: »
    ok I never thought about changing cues......i'll give it a try and post the results....thanks cueball

I am uploading my old video of test spin on Beginner and Platinum Cue ...
    ... so, give me an hour (DSL upload is slows)
    well I tried changing cues, didn't make any difference, the problem is with the software that controls the top/bottom/side button it gives me top spin regardless of whether I put top or bottom spin on it, costing me games which I would otherwise have won.........
    well I tried changing cues, didn't make any difference, the problem is with the software that controls the top/bottom/side button it gives me top spin regardless of whether I put top or bottom spin on it, costing me games which I would otherwise have won.........

Record your game with spin ... I would like to watch couple games of yours
    ok but how do I do that
    Beginner Cue Spin Test

Platinum Cue Spin Test

edited January 2016
    ok but how do I do that
    Web version
    http://www.bandicam.com/downloads/
    Thanks for your help cueball, ok I have got the bandicam software loaded and working but how did you manage to record just you playing and also how do you upload it to this miniclip forum ?
    tried dropping the video clip on here but says it is wrong type of file?....
    tried dropping the video clip on here but says it is wrong type of file?....

Upload it to YouTube then copy the URL and paste it in here
  • G11gamingG11gaming Contributor XDPosts: 3,081 Pool Champion
    Sunidhifan wrote: »
    TOO MUCH POTTING CUE BALL I HATE BANKSHOTS, AND I HATE SNOOKERS, AND I HATE MESSING UP, I HATE SPINS, FK MINICLIP FK ALL
    HEY DO YOU ANSWER ME A QUESTION?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jiminy Crickets.....I was sound asleep on my couch and all your yelling woke me up..... :s

Try one of these
    LXaQorZ.png
    :)

X5lbOom.gif

250 000 mg wow that gonna be one **** ov a pill. :joy:
  • TalhaTalha Posts: 675 Pool Expert
    G11gaming wrote: »
    Sunidhifan wrote: »
    TOO MUCH POTTING CUE BALL I HATE BANKSHOTS, AND I HATE SNOOKERS, AND I HATE MESSING UP, I HATE SPINS, FK MINICLIP FK ALL
    HEY DO YOU ANSWER ME A QUESTION?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jiminy Crickets.....I was sound asleep on my couch and all your yelling woke me up..... :s

Try one of these
    LXaQorZ.png
    :)

X5lbOom.gif

250 000 mg wow that gonna be one **** ov a pill. :joy:

It'd be enough to make him chill for eternity. :D