Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

Cannot possibly win

Comments

• G11gamingG11gaming Rock out :BPosts: 4,555 Pool Champion
    cidercoder wrote: »
    Taco is beyond hope. He's had all the help anyone could possibly need.

He's just a " boy " let him be lol. ;) :o :D
  • COOLOCKERCOOLOCKER Now you know.Posts: 3,690 Pool Champion
    Just popped on quickly for a look. If somebody could link a trick shot thread or something that shows how the game should be played, then it might help to get rid of the idea we are all just hit and hope players.
  • Unleash The FuryUnleash The Fury Posts: 500 Pool Expert
    edited September 2017
    Pool is and was supposed to be a game of strategy and finesse. Not a game of who can hit the ball the hardest and hope is falls in a hole. Apparently some of you think that is the way it's done. I'll continue playing the way I learned and I'll continue getting creamed by those with higher skills than my own. I started this by asking a simple question. I got a lot of opinions but no clear answer other than it was supposed to be fixed so that players played on a more even level. Since that has not been accomplished then it's left at it is what it is.

Thanks to all who replied.

Ok. I'm going to leave politeness at the door this time as I see it was wasted on you last time. People aren't answering your question because it was based on faulty reasoning, i.e. that it isn't possible to beat players with a higher level than you. But I'll answer it anyway, you get matched with these players because the player selection is random. If you are a level 23 (as you previously mentioned) the vast majority of regular players are going to have a higher level than you, thereby increasing the probability of your random opponent being a higher level.

You won't like that answer. So I'll give you the answer you came for.

[sarcasm]The game is fixed. Everything is against you. The whole game and everyone who plays it is in on a huge conspiracy just to spite you and you've figured it all out.[/sarcasm]

Good lord.
    Check this out lol.... A real miss match. :joy:

5qtmnbu7dbbw.png
    fbpe3ched447.png

And he went on to win. Probably by the way he was playing it was an alt account.
  • VijayGunnersVijayGunners Posts: 813 Pool Expert
    G11gaming wrote: »

5qtmnbu7dbbw.png
    fbpe3ched447.png

And he went on to win. Probably by the way he was playing it was an alt account.

Haha I didn't think that was possible, isn't it supposed to match you with another 1 rank on the first game.

5qtmnbu7dbbw.png
    fbpe3ched447.png

Haha I didn't think that was possible, isn't it supposed to match you with another 1 rank on the first game.

Never ever seen that before. Anything is possible, right? :o
    edited September 2017
    *Aurora* wrote: »
    I'm currently playing 15 as 96 myself in old pc version. Is that ok?

No you are bang out of order. I will be reporting you. :p
  • Tacomaboy1417Tacomaboy1417 Posts: 11 New Member
    NO! I did not say "all" of you were hit and hope players. Egad! I said "some" of you are. Now, there was lots of good advice given on my question of level of players that I've encountered. Yes, keep playing, don't give up, watch and learn...all good advice and since I started this post I've only quit twice, once when my opponent was obviously missing on purpose and another when the other player started a barrage of word bubbles while I was trying to line up shots. Very poor sportsmanship to try and trip up your opponent by continually releasing the word bubbles. But that's just my opinion. Maybe that's acceptable, I don't know. I haven't had a "fluke" so I haven't dealt with that yet. When it does happen, I'll continue shooting instead of doing it the way I learned on real pool tables. Once again, thanks to all who replied and hopefully I can get better.
    Talha wrote: »

5qtmnbu7dbbw.png
    fbpe3ched447.png

This poor dude got denied in his debut match. :D
    dxna4z2d2znj.png
    093tlbhoksgr.png

Nice 1 :+1:
  • SunidhifanSunidhifan Earthbound....Posts: 6,096 Pool Forum VIP
    NO! I did not say "all" of you were hit and hope players. Egad! I said "some" of you are. Now, there was lots of good advice given on my question of level of players that I've encountered. Yes, keep playing, don't give up, watch and learn...all good advice and since I started this post I've only quit twice, once when my opponent was obviously missing on purpose and another when the other player started a barrage of word bubbles while I was trying to line up shots. Very poor sportsmanship to try and trip up your opponent by continually releasing the word bubbles. But that's just my opinion. Maybe that's acceptable, I don't know. I haven't had a "fluke" so I haven't dealt with that yet. When it does happen, I'll continue shooting instead of doing it the way I learned on real pool tables. Once again, thanks to all who replied and hopefully I can get better.

Again, you missed the point...and the intended as humorous sarcasm...altogether.... ;)

Even when you say "some of you are"......you are addressing the entire forum....And that is simply not the case..... :*

Yes, there are poke & hopers, smash and dashers, bangballers and rude, inconsiderate, poor sportspersonship (politically correct, non-gender specific term) types who try every and any method they can to get under your skin and win....at any cost.....that play the game regularly...... :| ....

However, the point here is that those are not the usual or regular types here on the forum.... :p
    As a general rule, the forum regulars, which includes every single player/forum member who has posted here, are some of the best who play this game....both in skill and in sportspersonship.... :)

There are differing opinions as to how to carry on the game after a "fluke"....personally, I also learned the game (in real life) with the understanding that every shot made should be as the shooter intended....with the onus of responsibility falling on the shoulders of the shooter to know and decide whether the shot made was as intended......after all, we cannot "call" our shots in the game....in some tiers, it is required to call pockets, but there is no way in the game to call the specific method of making your shot.....e.g. is it clean, is the intent to use one rail or two, is it a carom shot et al.......
    Missing your intended shot and making another ball is, by definition, a fluke.....and as such, the shooter should give up their turn.....however, that really only applies in certain areas/regions of the world and is not the world standard....and since this a world based game, we all have to make exceptions and adjustments to deal with the "world rules" that apply to this game specifically....

For instance, in the little version of the game I created years ago called Indirect, flukes are not allowed, excessive or distracting chat is highly frowned upon.., there is no shot-clock (opponent should return the cue ball to original player if clock runs out).....and almost all games and rules are known and agreed upon before any given match....but playing in random games, one must learn and play by the world rules that apply.....The only time you will be able to play by the specific rules you learned and grew up with in your area/region of the world is if you arrange to meet someone in advance and have an understanding of the rule-set to play by....that are different than the rules as coded into the game.... ;)
    And believe me, there are many players around both willing and able to do so.... :)

My main point is that you cannot generalize what you see and experience in playing random games and apply it to the members of the forum here.....which is what you do when you make blanket statements such as "some of you" here on the forum,....and "apparently that is how some of you think it is done".....

I can personally guarantee that not a single forum member who posted in this thread is anywhere near being a poke and hope type player......or that any think that is the way it is done....

We all dislike the bangball players....we all have to deal with them.... but not a single person who posted here is one.....so most of us take it kind of personally when you imply that any of us are....most of those players will never make it here onto the forum, since they have no desire to learn how to play real pool...many are probably people who have never played pool in real life...and as a general rule, will be on the younger side...MiniClip is a game site originally made for and aimed at kids after all....so naturally, you will run into many youngsters in the games played on the site.... :*

Try asking some folks from here to play some games and you will see what I mean..... ;) I know I personally get more pleasure from teaching a new player aspects of the game than I have ever gotten from just beating them.....but that is me.....not true of everyone of course.... :|

Good luck..... :)

X5lbOom.gif

• COOLOCKERCOOLOCKER Now you know.Posts: 3,690 Pool Champion
    edited September 2017
    Absolutely spot on Jeff. @Tacomaboy1417, i came to this forum for reasons very similar to yours, in that i thought the game was rigged to an extent. It was only after listening to what the good folks on here told me that i started to become a better player.

And its one of the reasons why i still visit this forum 2 years after my first post (or thereabouts). My mindset has completely changed from the days when i thought the game was rigged, to a state of "i know if i get this right, i have the game won.......again".

I hope you take on board what these folks are saying my friend, because i did, and im so much better for it.
  • Tacomaboy1417Tacomaboy1417 Posts: 11 New Member
    I apologize for the "some of you are" statement. I meant that "some of the people who play here are" and I've seen them on many occasions. I was beat in a tournament by a young person who slammed the balls he had remaining and 2 of the 3 fell in, resulting in a win for him and my being cut. I don't mean to generalize. I was only searching for info regarding how and when the selections are made as to whom I'm playing. Just thought it a bit strange that I would get "skunked" 3 or 4 times by players who were all in the 50+ range and I was only in my late "teen" numbers. Seemed to me that my coins were basically stolen and my percentage of wins would go down. Like I said, I don't give a rats -ss about the coins, I just don't like being taken advantage of. I've gotten my answer and consider this whole thread closed. Thanks again to all who replied.
  • AlynaAlyna Posts: 287 Pool Pro
    qzub9qgqsduv.bmp
    Level 91 vs level 380 (though the pic has the worst quality in the world and you can't see his level) lol, and I was not even used to playing mobile
  • VijayGunnersVijayGunners Posts: 813 Pool Expert
    My 104 vs 369, I beat him
    c3iqy7rgh0l3.jpg
  • creativehottycreativehotty could be summerPosts: 2,029 Pool Champion
    can't possibly win when u scratch the 8 ball in, 3 times in 7 games ...sigh lol !!
  • cidercodercidercoder Posts: 1,050 Pool Champion
    I was beat in a tournament by a young person who slammed the balls he had remaining and 2 of the 3 fell in, resulting in a win for him and my being cut.
    How do you know it was a young person ? Could have been anyone lol
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Growing Old DisgracefullyPosts: 10,622 Pool Forum Veteran
  • Deimos666Deimos666 Mobile / AndroidPosts: 586 Pool Expert
    edited September 2017
    I apologize for the "some of you are" statement. I meant that "some of the people who play here are" and I've seen them on many occasions. I was beat in a tournament by a young person who slammed the balls he had remaining and 2 of the 3 fell in, resulting in a win for him and my being cut. I don't mean to generalize. I was only searching for info regarding how and when the selections are made as to whom I'm playing. Just thought it a bit strange that I would get "skunked" 3 or 4 times by players who were all in the 50+ range and I was only in my late "teen" numbers. Seemed to me that my coins were basically stolen and my percentage of wins would go down. Like I said, I don't give a rats -ss about the coins, I just don't like being taken advantage of. I've gotten my answer and consider this whole thread closed. Thanks again to all who replied.

Taken advantage of? It's a FREE game!!! Do you not think the rest of us have went through the learning curve, and also went against higher level players in the beginning? Many things in life are not entirely fair, best to make the best of it and adapt / have fun, or give it up all together, because, the game seems to stress you out more than anything.

I enjoy the game, so I played through it all and continue to play! Yes sometimes things don't seem fair, but is how it goes sometimes. I've played over 10,000 games 100% free of charge! I stopped worrying about coins, level, win or loose and all the cra.p, now I focus on what I enjoy, which is trying to become a better player / practicing / minimizing my mistakes.

It's not an overnight thing... The 4 or so years I've been playing this, I'm still not yet highly skilled!

I highly suggest switching your chat to "off", I keep mine off anymore to minimize distraction; I'm here to play pool, not chit chat with someone. It isn't bad sportsmanship to me, I'm focusing on one objective, pot my balls, and put the cue ball where I want it, anything else is irrelevant to me. I wish all of my opponents the best, but I don't need to say it.
    Oh my this thread has gotten lively :D

More miss matching shenanigans.

97fvuec6oi6o.png
    t9z55supi0jf.png

This guy was on fire lol

• CorbyCorby Posts: 493 Pool Pro
    As MC adds more games (as in nine ball) the pool of opponents near your level are reduced and the available players at your choosen value of coins are also reduced. What do you think the resaults will be?