Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

Sharing Your Account and Details

Carlos TalesCarlos Tales Posts: 1,396 Pool Champion
edited September 2017 in Community
The title was taken from the news thread which George posted and I would like to ask George or any other Admin if they do seriously view the sharing of accounts as a serious breach of MC policy then why aren’t they doing anything about the word league? It’s obvious as anything the top 50 accounts at least in the world league are being played by teams playing the accounts 24/7 The proof is there for all to see in the stats and winnings.

The current league is 30 hours old. The leader has 20B coins so has won approx. 430 games averaging 70% so has played 700 games approx. / 30hrs = 23 games per hour. This is the max possible playing around the clock.

All players know this is going on so I’m sure MC do so why can’t something be done to prevent this? Ban the accounts that are proven to be playing 24/7 or change the format to what contributes to the leagues. i.e cap each account to 8hrs per day that contributes to weekly winnings. Surely it’s not too difficult to make it fair for all users but also to do something about the blatant breaking of the MC sharing of accounts policy?

Comments

• Deimos666Deimos666 Mobile / AndroidPosts: 586 Pool Expert
    I think MC simply turns their head away from these things, it is quite clear what is going on. I too have thought a time cap limiting league earnings per day would help. They really need to do something about it.
  • Aliyan ChaudharyAliyan Chaudhary Posts: 110 Pool Pro
    @Carl Tales I believe im amongst old players here, I've seen more than 500 requests regarding the problem you just described. It would be better if you focus on your next date.
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Growing Old DisgracefullyPosts: 10,619 Pool Forum Veteran
    Carl Tales wrote: »
    The title was taken from the news thread which George posted and I would like to ask George or any other Admin if they do seriously view the sharing of accounts as a serious breach of MC policy then why aren’t they doing anything about the word league? It’s obvious as anything the top 50 accounts at least in the world league are being played by teams playing the accounts 24/7 The proof is there for all to see in the stats and winnings.

The current league is 30 hours old. The leader has 20B coins so has won approx. 430 games averaging 70% so has played 700 games approx. / 30hrs = 23 games per hour. This is the max possible playing around the clock.

All players know this is going on so I’m sure MC do so why can’t something be done to prevent this? Ban the accounts that are proven to be playing 24/7 or change the format to what contributes to the leagues. i.e cap each account to 8hrs per day that contributes to weekly winnings. Surely it’s not too difficult to make it fair for all users but also to do something about the blatant breaking of the MC sharing of accounts policy?

What an absolutely brilliant idea !
    Also it is so simple and would be so easy to implement that I am wondering why all those clever-clogs in the dev dept have not already thought of it !

• Carlos TalesCarlos Tales Posts: 1,396 Pool Champion
    I know it would still require huge amounts of time to play to compete for the top positions but at least it would be possible for any one to compete and make team playing far less relevant. This would also include making it easier to compete in the other weekly leagues not just the world.

Hoping for one of the admins to give their view :) Or ask one of the developers to join in on the discussion.
  • CorbyCorby Posts: 493 Pool Pro
    This is why i have no interest in anything other than playing 10k, give or take 9 ball games.
  • VijayGunnersVijayGunners Posts: 811 Pool Expert
    *Aurora* wrote: »
    Limiting playing time would mean less games for miniclip. Apparently they still benefit from these nefarious activities. It would be a good idea though.

I agree with this.

It's obvious to everyone what they're doing to top the leaderboard and I'm sure MC know this too but there must be a reason why MC hasn't stepped in
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Growing Old DisgracefullyPosts: 10,619 Pool Forum Veteran
    I don't think Carl means limiting playing time at all.

My understanding of his post is that he means limiting the winnings that count to the weekly leagues to the first 8 hours of play per day.

99.99% of normal people play less than 8 hours a day anyway, so this would only affect the team players and they are basically cheating so they can take a hike imo.
    edited September 2017
    Yes exactly Nan. So if a player wants to play 24 hrs then fine but only the first 8 hours counts towards the weekly winnings.

A nice timer to show how much time per day counting down from 8 hrs is all the developers need to add.
    I don't see how MC could benefit more. It's not like any world league players need to but pool cash or coins. And limiting time wouldn't alter any player wanting to buy the better cues. Would be good to get MC's take on things.

The main reason for the post is to question why on one hand MC say they want to stop account sharing and account transfers etc but turn a blind eye to the accounts obviously breaking the policy rules
  • SunidhifanSunidhifan Earthbound....Posts: 6,086 Pool Forum VIP
    Sounds like possible discrimination against chrystal meth users to me..... :*

:D :D

X5lbOom.gif
  • Slartibartfast6Slartibartfast6 Posts: 461 Pool Pro
    It ain’t like those team players are trying to hide their activities. A casual glimpse of many of their profile pics reveals that they are actually doing their best to flaunt themselves. Some have as many as 10 different people represented and some have contact info displayed as well. Perhaps to accept applications or exchange their homemade My Little Pony **** vids?
  • G11gamingG11gaming Rock out :BPosts: 4,555 Pool Champion
    their homemade My Little Pony **** vids?
    Bronies are still rife and real , even today. :joy:
  • Slartibartfast6Slartibartfast6 Posts: 461 Pool Pro
    G11gaming wrote: »

Indeed. My neighbors teenage son proudly displays his fetish, much to his fathers shame. I never interact with the kid much who’s an otherwise sweet, harmless boy but every time I see his dad I make subtle yet audible “neighing” sounds just for giggles & because he’s a bit of a douche himself. Yeah, I’m a stone cold baller like that....
  • G11gamingG11gaming Rock out :BPosts: 4,555 Pool Champion
    G11gaming wrote: »

Indeed. My neighbors teenage son proudly displays his fetish, much to his fathers shame. I never interact with the kid much who’s an otherwise sweet, harmless boy but every time I see his dad I make subtle yet audible “neighing” sounds just for giggles & because he’s a bit of a douche himself. Yeah, I’m a stone cold baller like that....

roflmao... Reminds me of back in the day when I managed servers and forums for massive multiplayer games we literally had to write rules to protect these guys. Each to their own. Hahaha. ;)