Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
If you are not currently able to login via Facebook login, please right click on the Facebook icon and choose the option to "open in a new tab". Thank you for understanding
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

How would you grow the forum?

Comments

• JJoeJJoe OLD PC/MOBILE Posts: 957 Pool Expert
    COOLOCKER wrote: »
    There is already some great ideas that have been put down in this thread. And if they where acted on, im sure it would go a long way to improving/growing the forum. All it takes to see how it works out is for the staff at miniclip to act upon them.

Asking for ideas, and then doing nothing about it seems to me like miniclip dont care, or they are working on something in the background. It would be nice though if a mod came on here and gave us an update.

Yeah exactly. If only they officially backed your tourney etc...
  • Davy DacueDavy Dacue To He!! and Back.Posts: 2,665 Pool Champion
    Is this anything like the Tell us you ideas thread , but we wont take any heed of them.
  • COOLOCKERCOOLOCKER Secluder.Posts: 3,801 Pool Champion
    joe. wrote: »
    There is already some great ideas that have been put down in this thread. And if they where acted on, im sure it would go a long way to improving/growing the forum. All it takes to see how it works out is for the staff at miniclip to act upon them.

Asking for ideas, and then doing nothing about it seems to me like miniclip dont care, or they are working on something in the background. It would be nice though if a mod came on here and gave us an update.

Early days yet Joe. Not even sure if it will take off due to the lack of interest. I just put out the feelers to see what would happen knowing it would probably go south due to other factors.
    Davy Dacue wrote: »
    Is this anything like the Tell us you ideas thread , but we wont take any heed of them.

Yep, lol. But i think they did use some of that info over on that thread. All the stuff that makes money etc.
    joe. wrote: »

Early days yet Joe. Not even sure if it will take off due to the lack of interest. I just put out the feelers to see what would happen knowing it would probably go south due to other factors.

Yeah I know, hopefully interest picks up, but....

In relation to this thread tho, if MC actually put a lot of effort into supporting/running forum lead tourneys, then that would grow forum participation for sure
  • christhecueballchristhecueball Posts: 468 Pool Pro
    lets face it, MC simply doesnt care, as cool has said there are alot good ideas already in this thread, but does anyone think it gets noticed? lol
    i also admire their latest choices of mods and admins, as they have announced, they will change everything here with their presence and contributions LOL
  • *Cheetah Girl**Cheetah Girl* Queen Bee Posts: 4,482 Pool Champion
    edited January 4

I totally agreed with you on that. Yes @G11gaming you can't force anyone too. I just hope in the future mod and Administrators be more active in the forum. Helping , answering question and etc. I just wonder when this thread started , what did they change?
    What efforts did they put on forum to make it better ?
    Was there any changes made in the forum?
    Is there going any changes in the future ?
    At least we all members would may an effort to make it change. We can only try :p
  • David RohrerDavid Rohrer Posts: 851 Pool Expert
    edited January 4
    most of you have touched on the "problem" either directly, indirectly or maybe even unknowingly, that the issue is with the "customer support". The "help" system is slow in response (or not at all according to some), and generally UNhelpful (experienced on TWO occasions myself). Also, i see every day, as i'm sure most of you do too while viewing the "unread" threads, people saying "please help me!" or "help me now please!". I think the vast majority of those people DO think this is an avenue to come seek an answer to issues "immediately" and i feel they SHOULD hire and dedicate folks for that purpose. If you want to make your product and forum (community) grow, then BACK the product AND the "client" like you care about them and it will work itself out. You will NEVER please everyone, that is impossible. It can however, be said that if you listen to the community on major issues with gameplay and or problems and ACTIVELY participate in resolutions, AND actually resolve issues, that confidence in MC and their product would grow and with it, the community. MMCGA! :D
    *Aurora* wrote: »
    Did anyone actually pay attention to what George said? I'm foreigner so I may be excused...
    This a very open ended question, we realize that, but we want to hear everything you have to say. This can range from in-game features that are exclusive to forum members, to actual changes to the forum that you would like to see and cross promotions on our social platforms.

That would be cool though. To get something extra for being a forum member. BUT what if the forum account is different from what you prefer playing? What could these features be? We could leave mid-game without losing our coins? :D Get coins when you get someone join the forum?

Yeah that would be great, and we all paid attention to that :)

An icon next to our avatar in game, saying we're a forum member etc would be cool, too
  • Dalton ModeratorDalton Moderator Forum Moderator Los Angeles, CAPosts: 6,951 mod
    Hi everyone,

Just a friendly reminder to please make sure we're staying on topic and keep things friendly and appropriate. Several posts in this thread were deemed off topic, inappropriate, and or otherwise unfriendly.

Keep in mind, this is a very unique thread as an official Miniclip employee is asking for your input on how they can improve their platform and grow the community. We don't get these sorts of opportunities often so please do not flood these important threads with topics and discussions that can be discussed elsewhere on the forum.
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Growing Old DisgracefullyPosts: 10,881 Pool Forum Veteran
  • creativehottycreativehotty rainy season atmPosts: 2,206 Pool Champion
    Nanny Ogg wrote: »
    gn9tvgua10ij.png

aint that the truth ROFL !!!!
  • G11gamingG11gaming Rock out :BPosts: 4,555 Pool Champion
    There are 31 people online now!!! ... if they all posted it would contribute to growth. :) :*
    Nanny Ogg wrote: »
    gn9tvgua10ij.png

lol, now thats funny Nan.
  • Carlos TalesCarlos Tales Posts: 1,474 Pool Champion
    Sunidhifan wrote: »
    If none of my initial post was felt to be applicable....then my secondary way to grow the forum would be to find a nice spot with good loam soil, dig a 2.5" hole, place the forum in it and cover loosely....water thoroughly every day for a few days.....wait a while and see what pops up.... :)

Edit: I would probably sprinkle some Miracle Grow on the spot as well......that stuff works wonders..... :D

X5lbOom.gif

That would work actually but only if you buried a select few of the forum members along with it. Once these have gone the forum can blossom once again :D

Only problem with that of course is reincarnation. They make a habit of coming back from the dead which wouldn’t be so bad if they had caught up with the times!!
  • ObelObel Posts: 78 Pool Player
    Who will buried?
    Obel wrote: »
    Who will buried?

Dunno, but i can give you the name of a few re-incarnations already if you need em, lol.
  • ObelObel Posts: 78 Pool Player
    Yes please :)
  • Carlos TalesCarlos Tales Posts: 1,474 Pool Champion
    Obel wrote: »
    Who will buried?

Oh cueballs!!! You really had to ask didn’t you!! :D
  • UnEquiVocaL EnDUnEquiVocaL EnD Posts: 533 Pool Expert
    Incorporate some incentive like another ring/cue or even table design (which needs reinventing)
    and link it to forum activity/membership on both the new PC version and mobile version.