Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
If you are not currently able to login via Facebook login, please right click on the Facebook icon and choose the option to "open in a new tab". Thank you for understanding
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

8 Ball Pool in HTML 5 - now in OPEN BETA (Update in 1st post)

Comments

• ΧρυσηΧρυση Posts: 162 Pool Pro
    Χρυση wrote: »
    Zoggg wrote: »
    Game is not working properly today.

I can't hit shots with full power, nothing happens when I try.

Using the cursor keys for spin makes the whole screen move up and down

It takes so long to find a new opponent that I have to refresh the game to find one.

Has there been an upgrade today ? If there has, it has failed miserably.

same here

still happening and is very anoying, any solution @AlisaNTonik ?

still waiting for some answer @AlisaNTonik
  • *Cheetah Girl**Cheetah Girl* Queen Bee Posts: 4,482 Pool Champion

It takes so long to find a new opponent that I have to refresh the game to find one.

same here

Your best option will be create a ticket. If you want any response .
  • ΧρυσηΧρυση Posts: 162 Pool Pro

same here

Your best option will be create a ticket. If you want any response .

Thanks but i have stopped creating tickets a lot time before so i don't get ungry by their ingnoring. I asked a mod here cause it's not only my promblem but and some other members here and how many others out of the forum. He could "push" it fast but he doesn't anwer instead.
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Growing Old DisgracefullyPosts: 10,881 Pool Forum Veteran
    edited December 2017
    And Another Thing !...

This is the 3rd day in a row that I have missed my free spin by an hour or two and when I log in get told I have to wait another 24 hours !!!!!!!!!
    Stop stealing my free spins !!!!!!!!!
  • ZogggZoggg Posts: 1,075 Pool Champion
    Still not getting full power.

I have bought the black hole cue to compensate.
  • JohnnyMeucciJohnnyMeucci Posts: 54 Pool Player
    WHY does it take so long to load
    What the heck kind of programming is this!?
    What are you doing... it's been MONTHS!
  • COOLOCKERCOOLOCKER Secluder.Posts: 3,801 Pool Champion

Exactly the reason why the new version is probably so unpopular at the moment. I think moneyclip rushed this version out to appease the players who made this game what it is, great. They saw a line that makes them money in the mobile version, and tried to cover it over to satisfy the purists, and at the same time bringing out bells and whistles galore to lure in the gullible on mobile. The pursists where never going to be bought by that bull to be honest, and they havent.

Please read above. Its a pure money making grab, no two ways about it. Mobile is where the money is now, and thats why the old version (the best) has been left languishing.

Again, a point in case. They brought out the new version in HTML, and saw that it nose dived almost immediately, and must have decided it wasnt worth the effort. Therefore, if it wasnt making money for them, then they would just leave it as it is. Much like the old version, which in my opinion is hte best version out there.
    edited January 4
    Well Flash may very well be going away, and they need to get this new one right, imo.
    And I don't think it's a flop at all..
    There are plenty of people in there ready and willing to play it seems.

AFTER I can finally get in!
    Now it doesn't load at all!
    *Aurora* wrote: »
    Have you tried different browsers? For me the game works in Chrome.
    will not work for me in any browser now...
    Suspicious...

Well, I'll live without it.

• David RohrerDavid Rohrer Posts: 851 Pool Expert
    The first initial load in Chrome (only one i play it on) is SLOW, but once loaded, if i leave and come back it loads in seconds. It has taken up to 3min to load before on initial load and it SEEMS if i leave from that page (i.e. i'm impatient and browse fb while it's loading in another window) it goes slow but if i STAY on that page and just let it do it's thing loading it seems to load "faster" that initial time. Just my experience thus far
  • G11gamingG11gaming Rock out :BPosts: 4,555 Pool Champion
    HMMMM i have a super duper gaming rig with a 50 Mb d/l speed and it loads up in all browsers straight away, or as dave says there might me a few seconds delay at times. I believe MC's servers are located in Portugal. But i would say as long as your pc/device is new or newish you will suffer not many issues. So take a look at your hardware if it's old then maybe it's time for something new!?
    Well, we all can't be super duper gaming guy...
    But I have an i7 and 18 gigs ofmemory so it's not small or old.
    My download speed is only 1.5 meg where I am, and nothing I can do about it.
    Hence the difference, condescention aside.
    I loaded with Chrome and still slow but it DID cache which improves thing a lot as per above.
    Why my other browser stopped caching mini clip is anybody's guess.
    I look forward to the FINISHED product in HTML5 some day.
    goodbye
  • David RohrerDavid Rohrer Posts: 851 Pool Expert
    Well, we all can't be super duper gaming guy...
    But I have an i7 and 18 gigs ofmemory so it's not small or old.
    My download speed is only 1.5 meg where I am, and nothing I can do about it.
    Hence the difference, condescention aside.
    I loaded with Chrome and still slow but it DID cache which improves thing a lot as per above.
    Why my other browser stopped caching mini clip is anybody's guess.
    I look forward to the FINISHED product in HTML5 some day.
    goodbye

Don't give up just yet Johnny. And that's not a bad rig you got. PLENTY of RAM and i7 isn't old or slow. Either way, i'm trying to remember what else i did the first couple times i experienced it because i ALWAYS default to it's MY FAULT (or MY end) first, and troubleshoot out away from my location from there. One of the quickest/easiest ways i always check my end first if something is sloading (slow loading) is speedtest.net and check my "traffic" speed to the net. If i see i'm clocking normal or even VERY decent but just under normal i know it's not my end. I will test load various pages INCLUDING fb to see how quick they load because there's always lots of graphics/ads that have to load, and the chat list, as well as the news feed etc. Now, having said that, one time, i believe i closed fb to see if it was conflicting because i noticed on NEW VERSION sloading up, that the URL address it was "waiting for" at bottom left of screen was facebook login. I believe i closed fb, and hit "refresh" on the browser window with the game and it sat "idle" for a good 10-15 seconds but then jumped an inch of the loading bar, then to about 3/4 progress, hung for a few seconds more then loaded to main screen.

Like i said, if i've restarted my PC, or reset inny connection, the first initial load is always slow but once it has loaded i can close browser and reopen and it will load as quick as Old V for me from there until PC or inny conn is reset again. Hope that helps. Let us know what you figure out if you do.
    Still not getting full power.

This just cost me a game because I couldn't hit the break off shot, I was sawing away at it but the white wouldn't even move. Eventually hit it about half power, didn't pot anything and my opponent cleared up. Still hopping mad about it.
  • UnEquiVocaL EnDUnEquiVocaL EnD Posts: 533 Pool Expert
    PMSL You need to learn to control your right mouse button.
    PMSL You need to learn to control your right mouse button.

what????
    edited January 16
    Anyone know why you are not allowed to check your aim on some "call pocket" shots ?
    It would be helpful if you could do so before calling the pocket.
  • christhecueballchristhecueball Posts: 468 Pool Pro
    Nanny Ogg wrote: »
    Anyone know why you are not allowed to check your aim on some "call pocket" shots ?
    It would be helpful if you could do so before calling the pocket.

i could tell you, but cant say it here lolol